The Armory VI (Weekly Media Roundup) 5/31/12

Hey guys, Spider here again with your regular helping of protein and vegetables.​
Today we have an interview with Tekken Director, Harada, Belial's community balance patch poll, and an interview with Partisan as well as his Target Practice Q&A in which he'll answer your game specific questions.​
There's also an outstanding fan-made Alpha Patroklos video and in celebration of the Memorial holiday we have Lady Liberty and Queen Elizabeth joining us in Calibur.​

Highlights
scale.JPG
Interview with Tekken Director, Harada:
"Last week, Capcom stated that part of the reason Street Fighter X Tekken's performance "lagged" was because of "cannibalism" in the fighting game genre. Do you believe cannibalism could impact the performance of Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and, in the future, Tekken X Street Fighter?"

I'm not in a position to speak about the performance of Capcom's titles, so it's a difficult question to answer. However, I do know that besides [cannibalism], there were other factors that led to that outcome with SFXT. For example, the condition of several retailers in Europe was not good at all, and their expected sales had accounted for a large part of the expected forecast. So the timing in general was not very good, and quite unlucky... [See the rest here]
Tournaments
June 2nd, 2012

12:00 PM: MAT IX : Road to EVO - June 2nd-3rd (Montreal, Quebec)

June 3rd, 2012

03:00 PM: ATL-FINALROUNDBATS (Atlanta, Georgia)
SCV has been moved to the June 24 date!
06:00 PM: Russian Calibur PSN Torunament #3 (Moscow)
Learn Stuff Here
Partisan:
Pretty soon I'll be starting a new series within Target Practice focusing entirely on questions from you the community! In a Q&A style I'll be going over your inquiries and demonstrating solutions to the problems you present in video form. The focus here will be character/matchup knowledge and system usage (Quick Step, Just Guard, GI, etc...) but it definitely won't be limited to that. [Ask a question]
essential.jpg
[Youtube]​
Character Specific
Wow. This is impressive. [Youtube]​
Trivia questions by ZUZU
1. What is Cassandra's and Sophitia's brother called?
A. Lucian
B. Patrokolos
C. Rothian
D. Nike
2. In Soul Calibur 3 how many chronicles in 'Chronicles of the Sword' are there?
A. 30
B. 25
C. 15
D. 20
3. Which U.S.A major was not a qualifier for the SCV World Impact Championship?
A. MLG Winter Championships
B. Final Round XV
C. Winter Brawl 6
D. NorCal Regionals
4. Out of the following characters, which is an Ostrheinsburg soldier who serves under Nightmare.
A. Phantasm
B. Solnhofen
C. Helmwige
D. Skeleton
5. What is Xianghua's family name? (Before marriage)
A. Yan
B. Kian
C. Li
D. Chai
6. Finish of this quote.
Drops of blood fall from my blade like _________________
7. True or False. In Soul Calibur V, the Penitentiary of Destiny (Kilik's Stage) is the entrance to the Astral Chaos.

Casual Stuff
LIBERTY.JPGELIZABETH.PNG

taigoanddaishi1-jpg.18242

[notice]If you see something that deserves some spotlight, please contact Sp1d3r via PM to get it showcased in The Armory[/notice]​

I enjoyed reading that Harada interview and I like that he wants to be more involved in the community.

I have about 3 questions for that Q & A thing. Not enough!

PLEASE POST SOMETHING! Even if you already know the answer/options but think it could help out others PLEASEEEEEEEEEEE DO IT.

<3<3<3

I have about 3 questions for that Q & A thing. Not enough!

PLEASE POST SOMETHING! Even if you already know the answer/options but think it could help out others PLEASEEEEEEEEEEE DO IT.

<3<3<3

What type of questions? I have lots of questions that I wouldn't mind seeing how othr people answer.

What type of questions? I have lots of questions that I wouldn't mind seeing how othr people answer.

Pretty much character anti stuff or anything that might help level up the newcomers and those without a lot of character knowledge in community.

Examples:

Nightmare's 22A/22AA is killing me. What can I do to defend against/beat this move on block?

Aeon SW stance is too strong for meh, are there any ways to get guaranteed damage of of moves like 66B that punish and beat the SW K follow up?

Just wanna help people find some solutions and maybe assist them in how to figure it all out for themselves. I also need a reason to use all of this recording equipment >_>

I could use anti voldo advice. Specifically against his BT stance. I just can never tell what's coming. Sorry if that isn't specific enough, but I don't know voldo well enough to ask an intelligent question.

I could use anti voldo advice. Specifically against his BT stance. I just can never tell what's coming. Sorry if that isn't specific enough, but I don't know voldo well enough to ask an intelligent question.

I'm thinking they actually want you to go to the thread for that discussion. :)

Gonna attempt to answer the ZUZU questions again.
1. Rothian
2. 20
3. Winter Brawl 6
4. Helmwige
5. Chai
6. "Blood falls from my blade like Sakura Petals"
7.Yes, with the Kali-yuga being a "gate"

Balance my ass the game is buggy now! If you happen to still play a character in this game that hasn't been glitched to shit Thank God! One of my alts is missing damn near a side step, no rush attacks anymore & whiffs like the wind blows constantly lol I'm writing Namco Bandai my freaking self!

I'd think you'll find that their names are spelled 'Lucius' and 'Rothion', and not otherwise C:

The answer is Lucius, however ;D

Live streams

11 Viewers
LuciChanDayo
LuciChanDayo
[R18+] We are back... In The Age Of History!!! | Libra Of Souls Run | Maybe a Story Mode| LETS GO!!! | Also Special Announcement !!!!

This week's events

SoulCalibur VI EVO Japan side event
Ariake GYM-EX, Tokyo (Tokyo Big Site)
3-chōme-11-1 Ariake, Koto City, Tokyo 135-0063, Japan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca9974
Back