The art direction in this game is INSANE.

I think the game really looks FANTASTIC. It is a true ideration of what "next gen" gaming is supposed to be like. SC4 lacked that quality somewhat, but they have really "turned up the heat" on SC5. Im blown away by the amazing detail that went into the stages. They are beautiful! The characters are greatly detailed and look amazing.

Those that are bitching bout models not matching art, or other general complaints...can suck it! This game looks great!!

HRD

You're not comparing the art to a right picture of the model.

And, her hair is brown because it is brown...? -facepalm-
1. doesn't matter. Same character, same design.
2.Her hair is black in the art work. (Smh)
Ugh. They might as well call this website "8Ways2Complain". The in game models do match the art. Its art, its a rough representation, and exaggeration of some costume/facial features. Get over it.

This isn't 8ways2kissAss.com either, forums are for discussion, deal with it.
I'm not saying the graphics didn't improve. I'm saying only slightly. The real killer is how they did the lighting and such this time around. It isn't just all bloom like SC4.

From the gameplay, it seems that the game has more clarity to it. I guess the brightning of the stages shown it. SC4 was generally dark on most stages.

Her hair is not black in the artwork; it's just a darker shade of brown.
This. Calibrate your monitor properly, it's dark desaturated brown in the 2D art.

Plus, the render pic was shown in lantern light. Everything is going to be shifted towards the warm end of the spectrum in those conditions. Just like how if she was in a Star Wars stage (thank god that's not the case), her hair would look blue.

IMO Leixia is very pretty! She looks cute and yet more mature than in the hand drawn pic and I think she'll make a great replacement for X (and I don't even like X ^^) It helps to have a kickass stage too XD

This. Calibrate your monitor properly, it's dark desaturated brown in the 2D art.

Plus, the render pic was shown in lantern light. Everything is going to be shifted towards the warm end of the spectrum in those conditions. Just like how if she was in a Star Wars stage (thank god that's not the case), her hair would look blue.
Regardless, your dark hair wouldn't lighten that much under dim lighting.
Note: Chinese people should have black hair naturally, however her face is the bigger concern.

Regardless, your dark hair wouldn't lighten that much under dim lighting.
Note: Chinese people should have black hair naturally, however her face is the bigger concern.

Actually, Chinese people having darkest brown hair isn't that far off, especially when the migration of 16th century Europeans happened in Asia.

Lymari_Nadal.jpg

I'd say her hair is like that color.

Moving this thread over to the casual thread, as it's clearly dipped below acceptable posting quality

Ive never seen such an Ignorant , opinionated , narrow-minded ,individual in my life and I practically live on the Internet!

yes! the color, the detail, this game isn't just "thrown together" instead its so rich in the things that make any fighting game memorable.

Hmmm... on another note, I wonder if they did away with the weird yellow brave edge glow. I wasn't a fan of it. Seemed way too 'LOOK AT ME! I'M DOING SOMETHING COOL!'
In fact, the only reason you looked at this post was probably 'cause of that sentence XD

Hmmm... on another note, I wonder if they did away with the weird yellow brave edge glow. I wasn't a fan of it. Seemed way too 'LOOK AT ME! I'M DOING SOMETHING COOL!'
In fact, the only reason you looked at this post was probably 'cause of that sentence XD
Yeah but I disagree, they stated that they are putting things like that into the game to grab spectators attention, the obnoxious glowing unblockables and brave edges are working are they not?

I think that while they might broadcast a brave edge they make the people watching the fight stare at the pretty colors as opposed to suddenly feeling like they should take out their phones and text people, or leave and go on the computer until its their turn again. I for one welcome the new graphical move changes, the bright streams of light when they swing their swords, the drastic changes to both GB and UB, the BE and CE editions only make it even more interesting.

I'd rather the game be bright and fun to watch all of the time, as opposed to boring to watch like soul calibur 4 was a vast majority of the time.

I do agree with the + flashiness decision (SC4 was boring as hell to spectate) I think I should have been more specific, flashes for GB,UB and CE work but I did not like the yellow cloud (Firefly glow 0.O) :/ They could possibly use a different flashy special effect?
Maybe it's cause I don't like yellow XD

I think they could add more detail to the game, or atleast more effects to the characters. They already have the floor cracking up but they could do more things that effect the characters like dirty up thier clothing after a fight.
and tear the clothing up rather then making them vanish..
GohanUnconcious.jpg

Characters:

Nightmare SC2 style look has been on my wish list and now it's here.
Leixia is stunning and adds a sense of beauty to roster.
Raphael's nose in the concept art had me confused if that was really him, but he looks nice nontheless.

Stages:

Leixia 's stage is amazing. The lighting and background effects really gave it a plus.

Cave and forest stages are a very innovative concept. In SCIII you never see the stages that characters travel through. You only play where they start and travel to, Nice eye Bamco.

I think they could add more detail to the game, or atleast more effects to the characters. They already have the floor cracking up but they could do more things that effect the characters like dirty up thier clothing after a fight.
and tear the clothing up rather then making them vanish..
GohanUnconcious.jpg

Wha-- am I the only one who likes to enjoy the game characters design? I hated the Armor break in SCIV >_<

Back