The art direction in this game is INSANE.

I saw the new screens for the new levels. Leixia is beautiful, Nightmare looks deliciously evil, and even Raphael looks like a total badass now.

I don't know why it was until now that I realized this, but god damn, the art direction for this game is fucking AMAZING.

I want this game so damn bad D:
IKR? You gotta love the lighting in the stages (the Chinese stage, just WOW) and Leixia is absolutely pretty! :D
I like Nightmare's design, but I hope that his facial features move (blinking, the joy of devouring souls >:D, etc.), unlike SC4. I was told that they would pay more attention to facial features, so who knows?
Raphael wearing a hat? Must admit, gives him a darker appearance. Maybe hes depressed and looking for his dear Amy (Viola?)?

I couldn't care much for Raph, but Leixia is the prettiest damn thing I've seen so far and Nightmare just reeks of evil awesome and badass and...thing.

I agree everyone just looks fantastic except Siegfried needs a thicker beard and Natsu's 1P costume is meh

I love the changes they made to Astaroth, Tira, and Raphael, and the new characters look great too. Zwei looks a bit awkward in the demos but that should change once players learn him.

I saw the new screens for the new levels. Leixia is beautiful, Nightmare looks deliciously evil, and even Raphael looks like a total badass now.

I don't know why it was until now that I realized this, but god damn, the art direction for this game is fucking AMAZING.

I want this game so damn bad D:

Are you serious? I mean, I 100% agree that this game has AMAZING art direction...

BUT...

I think that Raphael with muted colors and a low-lying hat looks a bit... meh.

And Leixia just looks... utterly ridiculous to me. I'm a Xianghua player and I'm saddened that I hate Leixia's design. Her level, however, IS AMAZING AAA+++!!!!

http://www.4gamer.net/games/132/G013276/20111020089/

This tells you about the stages.

Luoyang: Grand Festival of Guandi Temple
Size: Medium Ring out the elements and is
crowded with festival's Tomb in Luoyang city relationship. "Sangokushi Engi" hero Kanu Reisha respect for the parents and get out of the house without permission and headed to the festival to play first and foremost. Never broad, but it easy to stage the fight has been on the wall sides.

--thnx crappy "goggle" translate

http://www.4gamer.net/games/132/G013276/20111020089/

This tells you about the stages.

Luoyang: Grand Festival of Guandi Temple
Size: Medium Ring out the elements and is
crowded with festival's Tomb in Luoyang city relationship. "Sangokushi Engi" hero Kanu Reisha respect for the parents and get out of the house without permission and headed to the festival to play first and foremost. Never broad, but it easy to stage the fight has been on the wall sides.

--thnx crappy "goggle" translate

Yo it gets the job done though! lol

I really like the art design for Raphael. Perhaps I'm biased, but I feel that the more drab appearance reflects the state of mind Raphael is in right now. The hat is correct for the era, and he needs it because he obviously can't just walk around in public, which is something I'd imagine he needs to do if he wants to find Amy/Viola. Besides, if you really hate it, I'm sure his P2 will be a little more dramatic.

I'm in agreement. I was thinking that this game would only be a couple notches above SCIV's engine.

When the shots of the stages and characters started to trickle out---that was the first thing I noticed
straight away---how much the lighting had improved. It has produced a major difference! Clothing
and movement of objects also seems to be vastly doted on.

The last thing I wasn't expecting (to high admiration) was the new fight announcer. My favorite so far.
(might also be because he sounds so much like the announcer from the MK series. Tah)

Yes, as classic as the old announcer is for some reason the new one freshes up the feeling and gives a different mood to the game when I hear it, hes less robotic then the one in SC4 when speaking.

I love the new Nightmare look. I think Leixia looks lovely. But then I see Ralph. I cringe and slap my monitor.
Either way, this game looks so much better then SC4. Even if the graphics aren't all that better.

Back