The Cepheus Store thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh. god. Why.

Shaw.jpg

Umm... Daishi is probably saying that this is the last dlc for this month...... so try not to panic....
This is the perfect time to panic anyways, and if its any indication of Trollshima, and his tweets, I'd say its official/truth...(Anyone still has that goofy image of those 2 SC guys with the weird faces yet? Do it with the DLC cancellation now, like this example...)
ohmx4m.png

Greetings from the hospital. I can't imagine they're going to stop selling it if it's finished and ready to go. Y'all are silly.

bet I know the reason we're not getting the other DLC...is it perhaps being saved for an updated version SCV? get all the DLC included with Super edition and then they release the left over DLC as a means to make more money but the new DLC only works on the newer edition.

I can totally see Namco doing this...whether or not this actually happens is a separate matter but the possibility does exist...not sure what I'd prefer. An updated version or this to be the last of the DLC with no updated version in the future and we must simply wait for SCVI. hmm...choices.

shame we won't be getting so many items...http://pds.exblog.jp/pds/1/201207/17/22/b0030122_20285489.jpg
as far as for casuals go this game has been quite a disappointment. horrible story, non-working DLC items, huge cost for all DLC, items made but not released, paid DLC character, no DLC of people's "favorite" not returning characters, no means of transferring formulas to other people, etc... casual wise it has simply been one bad decision by the development team after the other.

thankfully the actual gameplay is great and the competitive scene is pretty good.

shame we won't be getting so many items...http://pds.exblog.jp/pds/1/201207/17/22/b0030122_20285489.jpg
as far as for casuals go this game has been quite a disappointment. horrible story, non-working DLC items, huge cost for all DLC, items made but not released, paid DLC character, no DLC of people's "favorite" not returning characters, no means of transferring formulas to other people, etc... casual wise it has simply been one bad decision by the development team after the other.

Personally, I'd argue the 'horrible story' and 'paid DLC character' part. The story, while admittedly incomplete and hammy in delivery, I thought was actually pretty good - it turned the usual Soul Calibur traditions and cliches on their heads, told a story that was more than just a series of seemingly unrelated battles, and relied heavily on the actual emotions, motivations, and interactions of the characters. Honestly, I think if the story mode had been completed, it quite possibly could have been one of the best we've seen so far. As it is, mind, it could certainly be better, but I think they had the right ideas when working on it - they just needed the time to bring out those ideas fully. As for the paid DLC character, I consider that kind of like the old version exclusives... a little cheap, surely, but at least you have the option of purchasing him, should you want to.

That aside, though, I am rather disappointed at the idea we won't be seeing any more DLC from this point on. I've been wanting those character packs since I first started playing the game, and the idea we'll never see either of Hilde's outfits, Pyrrha's 2P, Viola's 2P, or Elysium's 2P is pretty depressing. I had a lot of characters waiting on those pieces, and now I'm not really sure what to do with the majority of them... but, I'll hold out hope. Experiment some, see what I can come up with, and more importantly see where the game goes from here. It may be the end of the CaS DLC, but that doesn't mean it has to be the end of the game itself - I'm interested in seeing if and how they continue to support the game as we go along. And, if not, what might be in the works for the future.

They clearly dont see the free money they could get. Not just by these CaS parts...

If they worked in Zas and Talim souls they would make a LOT of money. I would pay 5-10$ EACH ( specially Zas)
Mayb even Kilik style... or Mina... that could be based on Xiba, with some tweaks here and there.

They clearly dont see the free money they could get. Not just by these CaS parts...

If they worked in Zas and Talim souls they would make a LOT of money. I would pay 5-10$ EACH ( specially Zas)
Mayb even Kilik style... or Mina... that could be based on Xiba, with some tweaks here and there.

Well, perhaps that's why they are stopping the DLC; to work on making a larger release for something. Perhaps it's Talim, perhaps it's Zasalamel. I don't think this means they're ditching Soul Calibur V entirely. Who knows, maybe they're working on a Super Soul Calibur V now or something. I'm down for that, so much as it's not full price. Would be better if it were a payed downloadable update for SCV (20-30 dollars seems reasonable, but again, that all depends on the content).

Just my two cents on the matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back