The get Hilde in Soulcalibur 6 thread

Want Hilde in Soulcalibur 6?

• Yes

Votes: 19 82.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Her father could be a better option to make for him being an important tragic character, and could give Hilde a proper introduction for when she's of age later on, but we already have two papis. One pretty much confirmed and one who will obviously be in because of fanservice.
Now that is interesting and would actually be pretty cool. Maybe he could have similar moves like Hilde but with more style and finesse. Great idea.

Didn't Okubo, Vergeben or Hayate say something about the story occurring between Sc1-2? So wouldn't that mean that Sc1-4 characters are safe to put in to the game as Sc2-4 take place in the same year? So Hilde should be fair game to get in i would have thought, right? I think this means she has a chance to make it in the game. Correct me if i am wrong though.

Was said that age and timeline is no longer important. The theme for this game is reboot and forget what you know about timeline and character age.

Not at all true, I'm afraid. As TresDias outlines here in insane detail, SCVI, as it turns out, has been incredibly faithful to the original narrative down to even tiny and insignificant particulars. It adds new plot beats as well, but the dates, order of events, and participants conform more or less precisely to anything previously established in lore. The devs could break with that, of course, but given the amount of effort they put into establishing a strong continuity from the start for the reboot, I doubt very much they will. However...

Didn't Okubo, Vergeben or Hayate say something about the story occurring between Sc1-2? So wouldn't that mean that Sc1-4 characters are safe to put in to the game as Sc2-4 take place in the same year? So Hilde should be fair game to get in i would have thought, right? I think this means she has a chance to make it in the game. Correct me if i am wrong though.

This is more or less accurate. The devs were, in the lead-up to release, a little vague about just which previous games' plots would be incorporated into SCVI. However, the final product not only crosses into the SCII timeline for the Soul Chronicles of some characters, it runs to within spitting distance of SCIII with regard to others. Though it would not be a terribly good fit, it's not outright impossible to work Hilde in at the tail end of things, provided you wanted to start her story substantially earlier than where it first picked up in SCIV. But...

The datamines makes so much sense and confirms Hilde isn't returning.

Yup, I must agree. "Confirm" may be a bit of an overstatement, but I believe the devs have given us, between direct (if vague) statements in interviews, clues in the game as it stands now, and the data "leaks" (I don't think there's a chance they are genuine leaks, but rather I think it's pretty obvious they are a clever form of viral marketing), who the final characters are: there are exactly eight characters left from the main rosters of the games which have contributed characters to SCVI so far, and there are exactly eight upcoming DLC characters listed in the code, whose express or coded names more or less map to those same eight pre-SCIV characters perfectly. Taking this with all other contextual evidence we have to date, I'm afraid to say that I think Hilde fans (a class to which I belong) are out of luck: I'm virtually certain Hilde is not planned as DLC at this time. I think she is seen, in terms of continuity and tone, to be less consistent with their design and narrative objectives for this game than the remaining SE-SCIII characters.

Now, if the first two season passes were such a runaway success that Namco were to contemplate a third, I believe they would not hesitate to reach first to Hilde to fill one of those spots. That's a rather outside possibility, but we can always maintain hope. Hell, I never thought we'd get indications of even early stage planning for season 2 before the summer, so clearly Namco is eager to embrace the serialized content model. Of course, not to sound like the president of the Soulcalibur booster club, but we can all do our part by buying the DLC and maybe getting an extra copy or two for friends. I intend to. But season three will still be a long shot even then, I fear, and I think that would be Hilde's only realistic chance to sneak in before SCVII, which I suspect is a good 4-5 years off, maybe as long as 6, if the long-running trend of release dates holds.

Last edited:
Hilde MUST be in the game. Her style is orginal and too much beautiful to be dismissed.

True, but Hilde will not make SCVI because Season 2 has been decided.

My Opinions on the codenames & why Hilde won't be in SCVI.

Rock = Stone
  • Rock is a Soul Blade/Edge OG,
  • Got a Mace in SCIII & IV
  • Was absent from SCV.
Yun-seong = Yell
  • This was hard to figure out, but I did some digging and looked through the datamines & the Popularity Poll
  • He's the #3 most popular character after Cassie & Amy when the Popularity Poll is read.
  • Was absent from SCV

Algol = Star
  • I know some people think Viola because of the poll, but it's Algol.
  • Amy returns in Season 1
  • Lore importance
  • Azwel keeps getting nerfed
  • Azwel was Algol inspired.
  • https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Algol
  • Hinted at for Season 2 in Zas' Soul Chronicle

Setsuka = Snow
  • Setsuka means Snow Flower in Japanese
  • Was unjustly replaced by A. Pat for no reason
  • Best Character Period
Aeon = Reptile
  • Not the Lizardman jobber in the Soul Chronicle & Libra of Soul
  • Aeon was teased in the SCVI Story Trailer indicating SCVI Season 2 before the game even released.

Hwang = Yellow
  • Hwang in Korean means Yellow
  • Missing since SCIII:AE as a playable character
  • More popular than Hilde
  • His Soul Blade/Edge Track was called Yellow Sands

Hilde's exclusion is because the button maps don't allow multiple A or B like the past games, she's not in the game's Museum, & Hwang is more popular than her.

Last edited:
Algol is just as unlikely as Hilde, however. This is not their time. Algol awakens, erects his tower, inspires Hilde to enter the battlefield.

Algol is very likely because Amy is returning in Season 1 meaning no Viola, Azwel keeps getting nerfed because he's an Algol wannabe, Strong lore importance, & Zas' hints at Algol retuning in SCVI Season 2 by watching Soul Chronicle.

They're linked.

SCIV characters that were busted & banned. In Algol's defense he was a boss character that was made playable. Namco fixed Hilde in SCIV:BD a PSP game, but not in SCIV Vanilla. If only the Namco was commited to fixing problems 10 years ago.

"Seong" means "Star", so Yun-seong fits that bill. "Yell" is the real wild card, could be Hilde or Li Long.

As much as I would love to see Hilde in SC VI, chances are very low to me that she will make it to the game. Hell, it will be a great day and moment if she does make it but I wouldn't get my hopes up too much given how Namco doesn't tease much with their characters like Ed Boon does with MK characters or leaks.

Holy cow. You guys do realize that Talim is in the game right? Therefore what are the chances that Hilde won't be? They can start her story mode (if she has one) near the same time Talim's starts. Also, she does have a lot of story relevance and a unique style to make it in. Honestly I do not want to wait for her in SCVII.

Holy cow. You guys do realize that Talim is in the game right? Therefore what are the chances that Hilde won't be? They can start her story mode (if she has one) near the same time Talim's starts. Also, she does have a lot of story relevance and a unique style to make it in. Honestly I do not want to wait for her in SCVII.
Inb4 Hilde doesn’t end up being in SCVI or SCVII. Kappa

They need dem $$ s and Hilde is not that type of character because only intellectuals with taste would buy her .So no she's gone 👋👋👋

Last edited:
Back