The Last Priestess of the Wind

Talim Trailer:
Soul Charge gives her Strings Speed & +on Block Advantage.
Taki wasnt Blocking its a Showcase Trailer.
Talim did her 4 basic Strings.
Go Review her SC2 Movelist. The Cleanest Foundation.

I think her new string hits are going to be 4 to 5 Hits with Movement Stance-Transitions: WC#1 & #2
Just going to put down Trailer and her Foundation MoveList.

Trailer Moves:
- 6B+K[Wind Sault] with A,B,K inputs (recovery looked Guardable but also could S-T into WindCharmer#1)
-----New Command Impact-Parry into wind cannon (looks like it Impacts A's.) (and Wind Cannon is an input)
- A-Grab
- 33A[Blade Cyclone] is in and goes into WindCharmer#1: K. CH. "SC2: 6K[Side Sipa]"
- AAB[Swift Espada] is in. with S-T
- B-Grab[Monsoon Season] command grab is in.
- Soul Charge: Gives her Strings Speed & "+Plus" on Block Advantage.
- AA into "6B,A Sc2[Twin Fang Witik]" into WindCharmer- AA, "2K,A[Sweeping Breeze]" into 33A[Blade Cyclone] (AA. 3 different String moves in SC2)
-----(AA into 4B,A Sc2[Twin Fang Witik] looks like a 4-Hit String into WC now) (Thinking about it her WCAA, 2K,A 33A ender could be done on CH) 2 String moves & [Blade Cyclone] looks like a string move now "WCAA, 2K,A 33A[Blade Cyclone] = WCAA, 2K,A, A[Blade Cyclone]"
Reversal Edge B looks like her "SC2 3B, 6B[Gust Hook]" Launch only it creates Backturn follow ups. BT K
And Last CE(super for the kids).

Stance-Transition: Wind Charmer#1 is in and looks faster. with classic inputs & grab
Stance-Transition: Wind Charmer#2 Backturn stance. with classic inputs.. we saw BT K
WindCharmer#1 has A & K inputs. So expect a B input as well

Foundation Moves:
1A[Spinning Low Hiwa] Low
AB[Elbow Witik]
BA[Reverse Elbow Witik]
BBA[Salisi Breeze] M,M,L With S-T variations
BBK[Salisi Ravor] M,M,K With S-T variations
3K[Reverse Sipa] fast mid kick swing
2A[Tuhod Slicer] low spam poke
44K[Sipa Trip] spinning low kick
WR A[Left Witik] Ringout move

214B[Whirlwind Hambalos] her UB
A+B[Ice Wind] with cancels, maybe New S-T variations
B+K[Cold Wind] with cancels, maybe New S-T variations
6A+B[Shearing Blades]
66A, A[Double Abaniko]
2A+B[Rapid Force] gives Jump Away Stance on opponents input
2B[Handa Blade] gives Jump Away Stance on opponents input
3A+B[Crosswind]
4A+B[Twin Espadas] 2Hit Backturn Move
1A+B[Twin Baraw Lift] Strike launcher
4B+K[Tumbling Razors] her cartwheel

4A, A[Olisi Whirlwind] High, Low
4A, K[Olisi Kick] High, Mid
44A, AA 236B[Tornado Assault Kamay]
4B, B[Air Blade Thrust] one of her best tools
44K[Sipa Windmill] Side step cartwheel

22/88A[Planchada Cyclone] Side step helicopter Blade spin

Because her step game is so strong they are going to give her more "A" impact-Parry stances against horizontals.
-----New Command Impact-Parry into wind cannon (looks like it Impacts A's.) (and Wind Cannon is an input)
New parry could take multiple attack impacts. If her parry is still under pressure her Wind Cannon might become UB or a hard Counter Damage that knock opponent away.
I expect her 2A or 2B to have Stance-Transitions for attack or escape because she is such a close range fighter.
2A or 2B:
into [Wind Sault] or taki style jump over you with her BT.
into [WindCharmer#1]
into Jump-Away Stance. Same style that 2A+B[Rapid Force] & 2B[Handa Blade] give.

Last edited:
Talim Trailer:
Soul Charge gives her Strings Speed & +on Block Advantage.
Taki wasnt Blocking its a Showcase Trailer.
Talim did her 4 basic Strings.
Go Review her SC2 Movelist. The Cleanest Foundation.

I think her new string hits are going to be 4 to 5 Hits with Movement Stance-Transitions: WC#1 & #2
Just going to put down Trailer and her Foundation MoveList.

Trailer Moves:
- 6B+K[Wind Sault] with A,B,K inputs (recovery looked Guardable but also could S-T into WindCharmer#1)
- A-Grab
- 33A[Blade Cyclone] is in and goes into WindCharmer#1: K. CH. "SC2: 6K[Side Sipa]"
- AAB[Swift Espada] is in. with S-T
- B-Grab[Monsoon Season] command grab is in.
- Soul Charge: Gives her Strings Speed & "+Plus" on Block Advantage.
- AA into "4B,A Sc2[Twin Fang Witik]" into WindCharmer- AA, "2K,A[Sweeping Breeze]" into 33A[Blade Cyclone] (AA. 3 different String moves in SC2)
-----(AA into 4B,A Sc2[Twin Fang Witik] looks like a 4-Hit String into WC now) (Thinking about it her WCAA, 2K,A 33A ender could be done on CH) 2 String moves & [Blade Cyclone] looks like a string move now "WCAA, 2K,A 33A[Blade Cyclone] = WCAA, 2K,A, A[Blade Cyclone]"
Reversal Edge B looks like her "SC2 3B, 6B[Gust Hook]" Launch only it creates Backturn follow ups. BT K
Stance-Transition: Wind Charmer#2 Backturn stance. with classic inputs.. we saw BT K
And Last CE(super for the kids).

Stance-Transition: Wind Charmer#1 is in and looks faster. with classic inputs & grab
WindCharmer#1 has A & K inputs. So expect a B input as well

Foundation Moves:
1A[Spinning Low Hiwa] Low
AB[Elbow Witik]
BA[Reverse Elbow Witik]
BBA[Salisi Breeze] M,M,L With S-T variations
BBK[Salisi Ravor] M,M,K With S-T variations
3K[Reverse Sipa] fast mid kick swing
2A[Tuhod Slicer] low spam poke
44K[Sipa Trip] spinning low kick
WR A[Left Witik] Ringout move

214B[Whirlwind Hambalos] her UB
A+B[Ice Wind] with cancels, maybe New S-T variations
B+K[Cold Wind] with cancels, maybe New S-T variations
6A+B[Shearing Blades]
66A, A[Double Abaniko]
2A+B[Rapid Force] gives Jump Away Stance on opponents input
2B[Handa Blade] gives Jump Away Stance on opponents input
3A+B[Crosswind]
4A+B[Twin Espadas] 2Hit Backturn Move
1A+B[Twin Baraw Lift] Strike launcher
4B+K[Tumbling Razors] her cartwheel

4A, A[Olisi Whirlwind] High, Low
4A, K[Olisi Kick] High, Mid
44A, AA 236B[Tornado Assault Kamay]
44K[Sipa Windmill] Side step cartwheel
22/88A[Planchada Cyclone] Side step helicopter Blade spin

Because her step game is so strong they are going to give her more "A" impact-Parry stances against horizontals.
New parry could take multiple attack impacts. If her parry is still under pressure her Wind Cannon might become UB or a hard Counter Damage that knock opponent away.
I expect her 2A or 2B to have Stance-Transitions for attack or escape because she is such a close range fighter.
2A or 2B:
into [Wind Sault] or taki style jump over you with her BT.
into [WindCharmer#1]
into Jump-Away Stance. Same style that 2A+B[Rapid Force] & 2B[Handa Blade] give.

- 2A/2B into stance would be completely unnecessary since you can just do the stance manually. (2A~6B+K) I did it all the time in SC4, lol.
- No sign of Wind Charmer 2 at all, I dunno where you got that. BT is just BT. WC2 involves her sidestepping to the side first.
- I forgot to mention the aGI parried A attacks, (or at least Highs), good catch.
- How do you know the command grab is still in? I assume it would be, but this is literally the only Talim footage we have at this point isn't it?

- 2A/2B into stance would be completely unnecessary since you can just do the stance manually. (2A~6B+K) I did it all the time in SC4, lol.
So your saying, more stance options from 2A/2B are unnecessary. OK Then
- No sign of Wind Charmer 2 at all, I dunno where you got that. BT is just BT. WC2 involves her sidestepping to the side first.
So your saying, she has her Classic BT K which stays in BT after Hit. But she don't have ways to enter BT Stance. OK Then
- How do you know the command grab is still in? I assume it would be, but this is literally the only Talim footage we have at this point isn't it?
So your saying, they took away her command B-Grab[Monsoon Season] specifically. And left every other characters grabs that we have seen the same. Including Ivy's Command grab...... OK Then

This is all Best Guess.
Anyhow The Foundation of this Talim is SC2.. her outfit, her size, her design, scream SC2 & the hat is SC4.
This is an [Upgraded SC2Talim withSC4].. SC6 is a Prequel

Last edited:
So your saying, more stance options from 2A/2B are unnecessary. OK Then
So your saying, she has her Classic BT K which stays in BT after Hit. But she don't have ways to enter BT Stance. OK Then
So your saying, they took away her command B-Grab[Monsoon Season] specifically. And left every other characters grabs that we have seen the same. Including Ivy's Command grab...... OK Then

This is all Best Guess.
Anyhow The Foundation of this Talim is SC2.. her outfit, her size, her design, scream SC2 & the hat is SC4.
This is an [Upgraded SC2Talim withSC4].. SC6 is a Prequel

What I'm saying is... yes, 2A/2B/2K into stance is unnecessary
What I'm saying is... yes, she can go into back turn from moves without Wind Charmer 2 (SC3 and SC4 both did this)
What I'm saying is... I didn't see her do it, so nothing is confirmed.

And that's fine if it's a guess. You were talking as if you were certain. SC6 being a prequel has nothing to do with how the character will play though. Xianghua is almost entirely SC4 with a few additions. I expect most of the characters to follow that formula, but I won't be mad if Talim has SC2 tools as well.

Another thing I'd wonder about is how well her 33A will catch step this time around. Movement is supposed to be faster in this game than in 5 and it doesn't look like it has a ton of range on it

I agree with @DustbusterGF about the SC2 vibe. I remember getting the urge to revisit SC2 right after watching the trailer (anyone still netplay on doolphin emulator?). I'm sure she'll have some of her 3 and 4 aspects, but I get the feeling that she'll be primarily be reworked from her foundation of SC2 as Dusty said.

I agree with @DustbusterGF about the SC2 vibe. I remember getting the urge to revisit SC2 right after watching the trailer (anyone still netplay on doolphin emulator?). I'm sure she'll have some of her 3 and 4 aspects, but I get the feeling that she'll be primarily be reworked from her foundation of SC2 as Dusty said.

I dunno, maybe it's just me, but I'm really not getting the "SC2 vibe" from her trailer. Even her BB was from SC3/SC4. No Wind Charmer 2 was shown, 33A looked like 4's. WC K was from SC4. Only SC2 move I saw was one of here throws I think.

:sc2tal1:@:51 to @:56 those Stance:sc2tal3: poses.:sc2tal1:
You can RE cancel into stances
You have control of Talims movements again
RE for bGis
I think she needs a bit more range. you have to fight a lot closer than Taki..
A lot of SC2 Basic Moves. same WR moves WR A, WR K, WR B, B is new
New Low punch blade spin

4BB might be real again, lol

New vid
Starts @6:09
WR B, B is new
6A is the same but 6A, A "High, High" 6A, B "High, Mid" good push back on moves
CE is wow

Last edited:
TALIM DOES NOT DESERVE THE HATE SHE GETS.

EXCEPT FOR HER BIG UGLY HAT.
This is a late response, but I agree. The hate towards her fans is not deserving, either.

Talim's hat on the other hand is an improvement from her last one though :P
Talim is decent.

That last fight with Groh vs Talim was so bad. The Talim player didn't even seem to be trying. This is a shame I wanted to see good Talim gameplay.

Last edited:
Wow, if those vids didn't excite you I don't know what will. I saw so much potential and that's just the tip of the iceberg I'm sure.

Wow, if those vids didn't excite you I don't know what will. I saw so much potential and that's just the tip of the iceberg I'm sure.
The one against Mitsurugi was good. I was more talking about the last one against Groh because that Talim player barely did anything. May have to watch it again was tired last night.

It's not that the gameplay was good, it's just exciting to get little glimpses into her moveset, however they come.

Hi, nice to ‘see’ you guys again.

Ya, Talim looked more SCIVish to me but in any case can’t wait & stoked to be out on the battlefield w/Talim once again!

At first I was actually kind of worried. The more I break down the gameplay in my head though, the more I think she may actually be a real killer this time around.

Back