The One True SCV Tier List/Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm An Idiot! I'm An Idiot! I'm An Idiot! I'm An Idiot! I'm An Idiot! I'm An Idiot! I'm An Idiot! I'm An Idiot! I'm An Idiot! I'm An Idiot! I'm An Idiot! I'm An Idiot! I'm An Idiot! I'm An Idiot! I'm An Idiot! I'm An Idiot!

Real Talk; You even play this game? Everything you've said is dead wrong to a level that I think most of us are thinking you're some politician.

Last edited:
Everythings good, except for maybe Tira. Honestly, I know I'll get some form of disagreement, but I really think Tira just isn't that good. I know, I know, Shining Decopon came in and beat everyone etc but its been a while since then. Theres so much new information on this game now, and I think players then lost because 1: Obviously he was really good, and most importantly 2: No one knows the match up that well against her. You combine those two, and of course the character will look solid and everyone will say *Shes so strong*. The same thing would happen with ZWEI.

You know Cervantes has a lot more tools than just that just frame move...like... an unblockable cancel that leads into a BT B+K that can fully combo into 100+ damage right?
He does, but I tend to have tunnel vision when I discuss, so I sometimes fail to see the forest for the trees, as with this discussion of Cervantes. That's alright, though. If life's taught me anything, it's that the only to truly learn about something is having the willingness to be unrepentingly wrong, and accept the wisdom and consequences that come from being unrepentingly wrong. I will make an absolutely ass of myself time and again, if it means I learn something from, and become better for it

It's been a while and my opinion on certain characters has changed.

Presenting my new and updated ultra super secret epic top-secret tier list of JUSTICE!:

S: Viola
S-: Alpha Patroklos
A+: Pyrrha, Mitsurugi, Cervantes, Algol, Natsu
A: Patroklos, Yoshimitsu, Maxi
A-: Pyrrha Omega, Nightmare, Astaroth*, Tira*,
B+ Siegfried, Xiba, Ivy, Hilde, Ezio*, Voldo
B: Leixia
B-: Raphael, Dampierre*
D+: ZWEI

* = Could be raised or lowered by one spot.
- Names are in no particular order
- This tier list incoporates realistic practial exceution barriers

In my opinion, difference between tiers in this game is not all too large. Balance is really good and all characters that are not named ZWEI should not have too much of a hard time time winning against other characters (Barring some of the other lower-tiered charachters of course, they have a couple bad MUs but nowhere near on the level of ZWEI MUS.)

This list seems to be realistic but you forgot aeon. Where would you place him? A- or B+ is where i would place him.

He does, but I tend to have tunnel vision when I discuss, so I sometimes fail to see the forest for the trees, as with this discussion of Cervantes. That's alright, though. If life's taught me anything, it's that the only to truly learn about something is having the willingness to be unrepentingly wrong, and accept the wisdom and consequences that come from being unrepentingly wrong. I will make an absolutely ass of myself time and again, if it means I learn something from, and become better for it

Damn bruh, that's deep. So... deep...

Damn bruh, that's deep. So... deep...
It's silly to get upset over something like someone being misinformed about a character's toolset, or whether or not their views match your own. I know I'm a scrub, and know that I'll faceplant a ton before I get decent and knowledgeable. That's the nature of FGC. That's the nature of life. You don't improve by being baby'ed and gently dealt with

That's good, and I'm glad you have that mindset. Everyone's a scrub until they can win 100% of the games they can play with flawless execution. That hasn't happened yet, so it looks like we all have something to learn at least. A good rule to go by is to ask questions before you give answers. If no one has an answer, you figure it out yourself. That's how this whole thing works and how we all improve as players.

Sometimes I think people find ways to convince themselves that it's more balanced than it is because they enjoy playing it and must face some cognitive dissonance if they came to the realization that it's quite lopsided.

I call it 'the Soul Calibur religion'.

Sometimes I think people find ways to convince themselves that it's more balanced than it is because they enjoy playing it and must face some cognitive dissonance if they came to the realization that it's quite lopsided.

I call it 'the Soul Calibur religion'.
People think it is more balanced because of the mechanics and character variety in top players. We also accept Viola is bananas and ZWEI is horrible so I don't understand the SOULCALIBUR RELIGION.

You say those things about 2 extreme cases and yet you call it balanced? This is that religion I talked about. To be fair, no FG is balanced.

You say those things about 2 extreme cases and yet you call it balanced? This is that religion I talked about. To be fair, no FG is balanced.
How many other fighting games can you name where there are only two outlier characters from the majority of the cast? SC5 is extremely well balanced, dude.

If you can break down why a character shouldn't win I will gladly accept free victories. Of course, I will need to test this on you to make sure they are legit strats.

Take two hypothetical people that can play all of the characters in the game at their absolute peak, and put them in an infinite number of hypothetical matches against each other. Certain characters inevitably play better than others, that's just balance. Tier lists are pretty much measures of which characters will win more. Is it absolute? No. Will Mister Roogi always beat Siegfried? Not necessarily. Do certain match-ups break the pattern? Sometimes.

Tier lists are a simple guide, nothing more.

I think people that lose a lot probably tend to think the game is more unbalanced because that's the easiest way to look at it.

Though of course it has its best and worst character, SCV is a very balanced game. P-E-R-I-O-D.

Yeah, people who understand how to play the game competitively know that it is balanced. You could use the Soulcalibur religion excuse, but then you would have to explain why Soulcalibur players think SCIV is unbalanced.

Yo, lets do my tier list.

S = Viola, Alpha
A+ = Algol, Cervantes
A = Mitsu, Patroklos, Pyrrha, Omega, Natsu
B+ = Astaroth, Tira, Voldo, Hlide, Ivy, Seigfried
B = Nightmare, Aeon*, Yoshimitsu, Maxi, Leixia, Ezio, Xiba, Raph,
B- = ZWEI, Damp

*I honestly think Aeon goes up to B+ territory on a small RO stage.

Yeah, people who understand how to play the game competitively know that it is balanced. You could use the Soulcalibur religion excuse, but then you would have to explain why Soulcalibur players think SCIV is unbalanced.
i17 BB -2 On CH. That Is All.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back