• SC4 Yun

Votes: 34 68.0%
  • SC3 Yun

Votes: 16 32.0%

• Total voters

googlemaster

[08] Mercenary
which would u rather use in SC4?

personally ide have to say SC3. people seems to say hes been buffed since then and they especially say that for his crane stance. i don't think so. he seems to have less mix ups and no launchers anymore. WS k doesnt launch like it used to and he doesnt have 3K anymore. 236KK is pretty good since now it can be done out of stance but i think it should also be used in stance because it traveled far and TC the entire length.

he can no longer move in crane stance so now its very limited imo.

his 8KKK is very bad imo. 9KKB was so much better. it had tons of range compared to SC4 version. could be used as a better mixup and hopped downed enemies. this made 4B+K a MUCH better skill. it was actually viable to use it as a shenanigan.

he also had better crane option in the SC3 imo.

Honestly, I'd have to say SC4 Yun-Seong is better.

The only reason I say this, is because he can rape the soul gauge like a motherfucker. This is really the only thing that keeps Yun from being absolutely bottom tier. You are right: He has no good lows, and he has no mixups, but being able to tear apart the soulgauge like he can gives him a solid niche.

He's different this time around, but so is alot of the game honestly. Its a slower game than SC4, and takes some adjustments. Crane is worthwhile now, but he lost the super awesome 9KKB. He still has 9B+K and 44B. He has decent range, decent damage, solid pokes, a fast KK.

He's different, but better.

SC2 Yun is the best one. Much more fun to play as than 3 or 4.

Are you sure you're not saying that out of love for Yun for being his first game?
I'll admit, that's when I liked him too.
SCC LVL1 4A+B I miss
Landwalk I miss

Things I don't miss
Having a tier rank all by himself
Having the slowest most obvious throw animation
Having absolutely no lows(though I did like 8WR 1_7K)

Since I never played 3 since that's when they changed him. However, I admit I like SCIV Yun much more. I played him since SC2, now it's like relearning him all over again.

SC3 he was more flashy with the air traveling combos and the SS moving crane.
I think his moves were more solid in SC3 and without some of SC4's ridiculous Whiffs,on powerfull mostly A+B moves and some decent low and a decent back Turned move he would be Pretty good.
For now the only really nice thing in SC4 is his evasion on Crane and ehhm.. ofc his style :)

I agree with your opinion.
First, 9KKB was awesome and was good at Ringout Skill. Motion was terrific too!
Second, 3K. It was simple. Well, In korea Many Arcade user said "3K is #@%#$".
Third, Crane. This series crane a+K is Too slow. and K isn't catch side. But Sc3 was A+K was fast well and crane K was catch side.
Finally, Sc3 4B+K. I don't think this Move(English) name. Some player think that "What is pros? this move is trash!"
But personally, This move was important to me. Why delete this move? It was symbol Korea male character, Hwang,

Yunseong.

I loved this merit and I thought that 'NamcoGod thank you!' but now...;;

Well, This series's yun is not best but just good.

Yea i was talking about the overall usefulness and solidness of the Character in SC3,a lot of points have been made but is
Good to see you agree with me on this although he is one of the main chars i use in Sc4 as well.

personally i dont like the fact you cant move in crane. you cant really pressure with it because a 2A will knock him right out of it. 33_99B is now pretty useless since you cant 236 so you're pretty much a sitting duck if you miss. if his CR K:G actually caught side steppers ide say it would be nice but since you can side step crane pretty easily if u try to K them it makes it hard to pressure. ive been trying to incorporate some more B+K shenanigans and it's helped but most of time ill get caught in the foot or well both hit eachother when i G out of it and try to attack.

personally ide like to see 236KK gone from his move list. its ridiculously easy to time your ukemi out of it. i play with someone who can do it 75% of the time. instead it should be a complete vertical kick. it would keep the flashiness of yun's kicks because he does the splits vertical and it allows him to get guaranteed damage for his only useful launcher in this game. hes got more but i dont call them launches since u cant touch em while they arent in mid-air. and for some reason they removed the GI from CR A+B. i dont really understand that.

his really unsafe STILL in this game. and his combos are really lowered in this version imo as well. CH 3A KKB is no longer and option and the B ending is unsafe on hit :/.

To the people who asked why I said SC2 Yun, it's almost purely nostalgia. Plus his B+G throw was way cooler. And definitely miss the landwalk. If they put that in to current Yun, it'd be amazing.

SC4 Yun = Average Gameplay and Bad Costume
SC3 Yun = Bad Gameplay and Average Costume
SC2 Yun = Good Gameplay and Good Costume

Back