THUNDERDOME ONLINE SETS

I do I do. I hope to be as popular as PW and kab are one day. Besides that, I want this crown to stay in Florida, where it belongs.
You seemed rather uninterested in Thunder Dome stuff up to now to the point you were rebuffing all invitations. As far as popularity goes, people have been wanting to see you play.

Dunno why people would think about asking you for more of them if you kept saying you didn't want to have any such matches.

I was being sarcastic, Marg. There are a few reasons why I don't want to play in TD, mostly because that's PW's thing, and I already have my own thing. If people want to play me, to experience Voldo or learn that matchup, they know how to find me. Besides that, as most everyone should know, I have been unable to compete on a regular basis since forever. 2012 was the last year I was being a try hard. So, my time with Calibur since then has been purely learning all I can about SCV Voldo shit, and any other funny or unusual situations and passing it on to others. The last tourney I went to was one that I ran myself, in Florida, for the Florida players. I brought two laptops, two capture cards, two PS3's, and two TV's (Shoutouts to DIME bringing one of them). Managing two capture stations (Not streaming stations... Capture stations. Requires a lot more attention), and running the brackets and having to track people down for matches, I knew going in there I wasn't going to win, I don't care about winning. It seems like I am the only one around here that can handle that. It also seems like some of them don't want that either, but I do try my best.

Now, my question to you is, are you genuinely interested or do you have some ulterior motive for putting me on the hot seat?

Now, my question to you is, are you genuinely interested or do you have some ulterior motive for putting me on the hot seat?
Idk if this question was meant for anyone or specifically Marg, but I'm genuinely interested, your Voldo is a blast to way, also, it was you along with Fahros who even got me in on this game, so yeah, I'm genuinely interested.

I was commenting on the popularity thing since the sarcasm seemed kinda out of nowhere. (I was just using your other post as an excuse to post PW and kAb's TD in a joking manner.) Not putting you in the hot seat at all. Just saying you could have some fun too.

So far Thunder Domes have mostly helped other people's things along rather than compete with 'em.

Last edited:
Omega, really, thank you. I play practically every day on xbox live, but only for a couple hours. Typically in ranked because I find I get a match faster. I just want to play, with anybody, I am not too picky on skill or connection lol. Since I can play from home now, I don't like waiting around too much. I'm a busy person and if I am in an 8 person room, even with a win streak, I step away from the console often to do other things. When I come back, I want to play right away, you know? I start a search in ranked... bing bang boom, I'm playing with someone. This is also why I am mostly on the Xbox version. There are a lot more people online for Xbox Calibur. My Xbox save got corrupted one day though, so I lost all of my records so I can't really prove most of that now... So I hope you don't call me out on it.

You're asking why the sudden interest when I denied yours and others challenges but am challenging kab? I apologize if you took offense, I can explain. The commentators want to commentate good matches against good people. If you're not good, they make jokes out of you. They already do not think I am good, and I don't feel like subjecting myself to that kind of humiliation. I don't play because I like to compete, I compete because I like to play. I am not trying to prove anything to anyone. Never have. However, there's "Florida's crown" on the line here, and I kinda know a thing or two about the FGC in Florida. I love it here, so I put my fears aside because I don't want to see the crown go without anyone stepping up to try and take it. Or at least making it look okay to do so. Did you see how their match came about? kAb "asked" PW if he wanted to fight him for his crown. PW is a kid and doesn't really know how the scene works. kab didn't come to the last tourney, the one that PW won. Anyways, he's the champ of Florida til next tournament. Besides that, I already knew kAb wouldn't accept. ;)

Can I ask you a question? Why haven't we played lately? Do you play at a certain time or something? I'll make sure to add you today, and we'll play. Also, don't treat me like I'm some out of reach person. I'm just a regular guy. Hit me up any time.

Last edited:
@Enkindu Don't worry about not TDing me man haha, it's cool. I take this game serious, but not that serious.

But yes, the commentators really aren't the best, I feel that criticising players who aren't as experienced as others drives people away from the TD as well as the community and leaves a bad image for the community. It's pretty backwards or counterproductive to bringing old and new faces in as well as a bit immature in my opinion, but, it's not my TD so I can't really say much. At least he came up with the idea.

And we played about two weeks ago or so but our connection to each other wasn't good, probably because my WiFi was being used. Aside from that I haven't been on as much lately due to other responsibilities. But I will be on for a bit tomorrow afternoon and this weekend so we can play then.

Thank you for understanding. I play most of the day on the weekends so that will definitely work. I typically only play a couple hours before work during the week so we may not meet up tomorrow. It will be great to play with you again.

I think I kind of know why. Hates hasn't liked me since SC3. You know how there's always a tier list discussion for every Calibur yeah? Well, when I posted my opinion on how I thought the Voldo Asta matchup was slightly in Voldo's favor and why, he really flipped his shit making all kinds of crazy challenges such as "I'll fly down there, play you in a FT5 and if I win, you pay for my flight and hotel.". He wouldn't tell me why he thought Asta was better than Voldo, just that I was wrong and to play him for ridiculous ammounts of money if I wanted to discuss it. After I declined his ridiculous challenge, he started bad mouthing me. I am assuming this is also how Sword Lord has gotten the reputation he has as well regardless of his skill. He was unfortunate enough to get suckered into a money match. He did make a bit of a fool of himself even earlier than that, but most people just want to be recognized for their abilities.

I think I kind of know why. Hate doesn't liked me since SC3. You know how there's always a tier list discussion for every Calibur yeah? Well, when I posted my opinion on how I thought the Voldo Asta matchup was slightly in Voldo's favor and why, he really flipped his shit making all kinds of crazy challenges such as "I'll fly down there, play you in a FT5 and if I win, you pay for my flight and hotel.". He wouldn't tell me why he thought Asta was better than Voldo, just that I was wrong and to play him for ridiculous ammounts of money if I wanted to discuss it. After I declined his ridiculous challenge, he started bad mouthing me. I am assuming this is also how Sword Lord has gotten the reputation he has as well regardless of his skill. He was unfortunate enough to get suckered into a money match. He did make a bit of a fool of himself even earlier than that, but most people just want to be recognized for their abilities.
This basically sums up what went down in the ZWEI vs Maxi thread. Different opinions get hate.

@Enkindu

It sounds like you don't want to "play seriously" and you don't care if you lose or win (= you play for fun) - it sounds like you're the perfect nominee fot TD!

They'll just make fun of your gameplay if you do hilarious stuff like CR A+B (blocked) ~ 9K (aka mash hard) . It's funny if it makes no sense. They also make fun of good players (wasn't it Hates with the custom algol combos?) so it's about the gameplay not the players (my impression)

- but it's all for fun, everybody knows.

This basically sums up what went down in the ZWEI vs Maxi thread. Different opinions get hate.
That's not really what's going on. Party Wolf for instance, he expects people to play within the bounds of reason and logic. When that expectation is broken, it just strips his gears. So when nothing makes sense for an extended period of time, he ends up rolling on the floor with laughter.

The Zwei thread didn't work because the thinking didn't mesh well with reality. That's a bit different.

That's not really what's going on. Party Wolf for instance, he expects people to play within the bounds of reason and logic. When that expectation is broken, it just strips his gears. So when nothing makes sense for an extended period of time, he ends up rolling on the floor with laughter.

The Zwei thread didn't work because the thinking didn't mesh well with reality. That's a bit different.
That would be fine if the purpose of the TD wasn't to bring people in, if I was interested into getting into the SCV community for the first time and if the first thing I saw some of these videos with the commentary, I would do something similar to what Enk did and stay far away from it. I'd be looking for something entertaining while still informing me of what's going on in the match. But that's just my two cents.

That would be fine if the purpose of the TD wasn't to bring people in, if I was interested into getting into the SCV community for the first time and if the first thing I saw some of these videos with the commentary, I would do something similar to what Enk did and stay far away from it. I'd be looking for something entertaining while still informing me of what's going on in the match. But that's just my two cents.
As I understand it, Party Wolf mainly started them up because he was bored and wanted to energize the site. That's worked rather well. To the point that people are asking him to run a FT10 a day which is a bit nutty. (Seriously, average FT10 takes an hour+ and the aftermath takes about as long. Think about how much time you all have personally to burn on something like that on a daily basis.)

Also I think you're viewing the commentary wrong. It also tends to be rather informative and it's a handy way for newer players to get feedback on their play in a more detailed and unvarnished fashion then they'll ever get from playing someone and asking "Am I doing better?" since usually people aren't paying super attention to a match and will only remember a few things relative to what someone commentating on a match in real time can cover.

If you want a specific commentator or commentary team, try arranging that all beforehand with those parties and all that on Party Wolf's schedule. (I or someone else can potentially stream if we can actually arrange a time too etc.) It's mainly going by who's available and who's interested in helping out etc. If you don't like the people involved so far, there are ways to generate a TD that you feel is the best product for your time.

You get out what you put in in other words. If you just throw out a "We're TDing' tonight. Be there." Be glad you get any kind of production at all.

There is always a risk of such an endeavor becoming an ego exercise, but that mainly comes down to getting more people playing and not the same dudes in here every week.

Last edited:
I think I kind of know why. Hates hasn't liked me since SC3. You know how there's always a tier list discussion for every Calibur yeah? Well, when I posted my opinion on how I thought the Voldo Asta matchup was slightly in Voldo's favor and why, he really flipped his shit making all kinds of crazy challenges such as "I'll fly down there, play you in a FT5 and if I win, you pay for my flight and hotel.". He wouldn't tell me why he thought Asta was better than Voldo, just that I was wrong and to play him for ridiculous ammounts of money if I wanted to discuss it. After I declined his ridiculous challenge, he started bad mouthing me. I am assuming this is also how Sword Lord has gotten the reputation he has as well regardless of his skill. He was unfortunate enough to get suckered into a money match. He did make a bit of a fool of himself even earlier than that, but most people just want to be recognized for their abilities.

Well just have it set up to where hates isn't commentating and it shouldn't be a problem, unless him not liking you causes partywolf and the other commentator to not like you also. Which it shouldn't.

Hey, I don't mind not commentating or streaming a set if you don't like the way I handle stuff. I am 100% okay with you anyone having a FT10 without me having to be there. Ft10s take around an hour to do (AS OPPOSED TO FT5 WINKY FACE) so I really don't mind you guys playing the game when I am not here. Really THUNDERDOME was just meant to get people to play again, and so far it seems like that is working. Again, if you have a problem my stream, me, or something else, then I am sure Marginal and Partisan would be willing to help out with a stream or you guys could just play a set privately. This post isn't me trying to drive you all away from being on my THUNDERDOME, it is just here to say that there are other ways you can get a FT10 the way you want it played out.

@Reptile Sure, but not this week since there is already a set planned Friday and Saturday. Is this going to be a character lock or am I fighting 3 characters? I ask because I would like to know who I should prepare for.

You decide if you want it to be character lock. If that's what you want, I'll use Aeon. I'm cool with doing it anytime next week, and a commentator or 2 would make it more interesting.

@Party Wolf I personally don't have a problem with you commenting on my matches, it's just the way you gave commentary on a few others that I could see driving people away from the game who might be interested. I've heard multiple people make comments about it already. But as I said, it's your show, you decide what you do with it. It does seem to be doing itspurpose.

Back