Tira - Combo Discussion

Quick question; I re-watched Shining Decapon's Tira vids and was wondering about something he does, or I guess doesn't do. He never used 4K after GS 3B 4A. Was this to avoid mood change or perhaps a better chance at the 666B BE tech trap?

Also, another question. How do people sneak in a second 4K after GS 3B 4A?

Quick question; I re-watched Shining Decapon's Tira vids and was wondering about something he does, or I guess doesn't do. He never used 4K after GS 3B 4A. Was this to avoid mood change or perhaps a better chance at the 666B BE tech trap?

Also, another question. How do people sneak in a second 4K after GS 3B 4A?

He wasn't doing 4K if 666B would kill by itself. No sense in taking the risk of a persona change.

To get an extra 4K, you have to get an air hit 4K on a side/backturned opponent, or you can quickly dash in on a regular airhit 4K for another 4K, but its tricky timing. You can tell if the opponent will be side or back turned when you hit 3B, so you'll know ahead of time if you'll be able to get the second 4K.

Also, you get an extra 4K near walls.

He wasn't doing 4K if 666B would kill by itself. No sense in taking the risk of a persona change.

To get an extra 4K, you have to get an air hit 4K on a side/backturned opponent, or you can quickly dash in on a regular airhit 4K for another 4K, but its tricky timing. You can tell if the opponent will be side or back turned when you hit 3B, so you'll know ahead of time if you'll be able to get the second 4K.

Also, you get an extra 4K near walls.
Ah okay. That all makes sense. Thanks! :D

I've also seen Shining Decopon use something like this:

GS 4B:B:B 4A 4K 4K 662B 666B*

Is this correct? Under what circumstances does this combo? Is it worth it?

662B only connects if the opponent doesn't ukemi. Its a dead trap. Yeah, its worth it for the most part. Its a legitimate mixup with 1A/666B BE.

You get this after any airhit GS 4K or airhit BT B+K that doesn't change persona.

Prob not that combo exactly because the second 4K stun isn't long enough for 22B. If my opponent refuses to tech I do 3B, 4A, 4K, 662B, 666B. It does a lot of damage and re-creates the mindgame without having to spend meter. Pretty risky if you miss though.

Another nice techtrap is 662A after the first 4K stun. You aren't close enough for 3A afterwards unfortunately, but you can do CE after. Whole thing gets you 130+ damage, and still works if you get an unlucky JS transition. Hard timing but it's safe (unlike 1A techtrap which is actually punishable if you miss)

My friend Massacre discovered that GS 4A into CE full animation is guaranteed near a wall or edge. It's good near the edge to get that RO. It does 90 damage. Stronger than any other non-switch option.

I've said this a while back. It works on shorter characters midstage, however it often whiffs mid-string.
If you hit them from the front or the right side, it'll whiff after the first/second hit.
If you hit them from the left side, it seems to fully connect 90% of the time.
If you get them from the back, it'll only do the default four hits and likely whiff some of 'em.

I thought I'd put it in the list, but I remembered that I didn't like how it whiffed.

What does everyone think of GS 3A BE W! 22A 3AA W! 4B: B: B 2A+B 44(B)? About twenty or so less damage than the usual combo but restores the full BE spent if in the corner and nearly all of it in open space.

I totally forgot that 2A+B stunned there! That would be nice, yeah.. It also keeps you in Gloomy where as pretty much every thing else risks changing you.

Though, if you're going to do 44(B) after 4B:B :B, you might as well do it directly after in high hopes for a tech trap. You'd lose about guaranteed 10 damage, but if they tech... :b

Finally got a GS 3A BE W! 22A 3AA W! 4B: B: B 4A 4K 22B 666B BE in an actual match last night - Felt like I was reaching into my opponent's screen and just punching him over and over...

What does everyone think of GS 3A BE W! 22A 3AA W! 4B: B: B 2A+B 44(B)? About twenty or so less damage than the usual combo but restores the full BE spent if in the corner and nearly all of it in open space.
Imo, its situational really. But a viable option.

Yeah that's my current way to end all GS wall combos. Certainty of staying in GS and no self damage by ending it that way, plus good wakeup too.

As 3A variations aren't always useable based on the angle, if I'm straight on to the wall I'll do 3B, 4B+K B, 4BBB etc.

I think the only reason not to end with 4BBB 2A+B... is if you need the extra damage to kill with the one combo.
I totally forgot that 2A+B stunned there! That would be nice, yeah.. It also keeps you in Gloomy where as pretty much every thing else risks changing you.

Though, if you're going to do 44(B) after 4B:B :B, you might as well do it directly after in high hopes for a tech trap. You'd lose about guaranteed 10 damage, but if they tech... :b
I disagree, this becomes techable near a wall and puts you in a very bad situation if they do tech. I would not recommend this.

I have another wall combo to contribute to the list: 3B 44K BT B+K W! B A+B 236 KBE - 85 dmg, 0.5 meter ~ chance of persona change

Cool-looking combos that will likely never be pulled off in battle:

JS 4B+K.B W! 66K W! 88B 66K 6A.B A.A CE = 121 / 1.0 meter.
JS 4B+K.B W! 66K W! 88B 66K 6A.B GS A.A CE = 139 / 1.0 meter.
JS 4B+K.B W! 66K W! 88B 66K 6A.B GS 4K 4K 666B = 127 / 0.0 meter.

They can easily AC out of the 6A.B.

I found something interesting but not sure how much can be done with it. JS 3B 66B is a combo even though the game doesn't register it as one. You sacrifice the damage of the 66AA ender for oki. JS 3B 66B BE is a combo as well but the launch is lower so you don't get the air hit from GS BT B+K. Also seems JS 3B 66B doesn't combo if it lands as a side hit.

Back