Tira General Discussion / Q&A

Is her 44B (GS) guaranteed after her 3B (GS) mix up? The combo comes out to 70 damage or so, but it seems my opponent can always tech it if they choose to do so. I know if you hold the 44B they can.

Is her 44B (GS) guaranteed after her 3B (GS) mix up? The combo comes out to 70 damage or so, but it seems my opponent can always tech it if they choose to do so. I know if you hold the 44B they can.
No it isn't, the move can only be used for dead traps aka when they don't tech. Same rule for 44(B) but that's easier to tech on reaction.

There's few guaranteed places for GS 44B to be guaranteed..
GS 4B: B: B 2A+B 44(B)
JS 4B+K+B W! 44K B+K.(W!).B.A+B 44(B)

Is it just me or does it seem like Ivy is pure anti-Tira?
I assume you need help vs her? Beating Ivy for Tira is generally about controlling space up close where GS Tira out damages her by quite a bit. Of course Ivy has answers to upclose combat in the form of 3B and 236B, luckily these moves aren't particularly hard for Tira to deal with, she actually has some answers. If you prefer to push advantage up close try using 2A and 3A (Both stances) as well as JS 66AA and GS 66B variations (not sure if the non BE versions will catch) to stuff those things out. Another option is to simply forfeit your advantage in the form of a sidestep or back step for a 3B whiff punish if you feel like an Ivy player will use 3B upclose. 236B is obviously punishable on block but tricky to dodge through use of step so 3B whiff punish options may not be available.

One of the good things about fighting Ivy is that she isn't super great at discouraging stupid moves on block. This isn't to say that one should just go ham and try to throw out as many unsafe moves as possible, just that you have a lot more leniency with her than most of the cast. The reason why I'm telling you this is so using JS 66A/66AA to get in vs her isn't discouraging. You need to get in vs her, Tira simply does not have the range to compete with Ivy outside of close range. In GS you can try 33B to get in, I find it reliable for the most part. There's also the option to get her to come to you. Taunts may work on certain Ivys depending on how skilled the player is, against a more skilled one you may want to try whiffing things such as grabs or 2As to bait the opponent into coming in and forcing a mix up situation. That is where you can smack them with an interrupt of their choice, provided you believe you have enough advantage to interrupt.

Lastly is her Mixups, generally speaking its smarter to stay floored than it is to get up vs Ivy, lord knows you dont want to deal with her grabs, ducking is also usually a smarter choice than normal blocking. Hopefully this helps I would write more but I don't think that's too necessary.

214B.
One of the good things about fighting Ivy is that she isn't super great at discouraging stupid moves on block. This isn't to say that one should just go ham and try to throw out as many unsafe moves as possible, just that you have a lot more leniency with her than most of the cast. The reason why I'm telling you this is so using JS 66A/66AA to get in vs her isn't discouraging.
I think Ivy gets a CE punish on these if she has the meter, which is worth mentioning.
Taunts may work on certain Ivys depending on how skilled the player is, against a more skilled one you may want to try whiffing things such as grabs or 2As to bait the opponent into coming in and forcing a mix up situation.
Any half-decent Ivy will just 6[B] you to death for attempting this.

Thank you! That is very helpful to me. I guess I have trouble with the more patient Ivy players. When I throw out JS 66AA I'll get punished with Ivy's 66A. I try to make good use of Tira's GS 6A to discourage any excessive stepping.

Is they a way round when u get into gloomy at the end of round every now and again at the start of next round your in jolly anyway?

It's kind of a slap in the face by Tira herself. She doesn't play by anyone's rules.
One thing that's always irked me was doing a JS 4K that dropped you below 40% HP so you turn Gloomy with a headache.

Its cool how if you RO the opponent when in Jolly you have time to try 2 taunts to get into Gloomy.

Back