Tira General Discussion / Q&A

If they were to take away her personas, it would be SC3 all over again. Personally, I like the stances, I just feel we need more control over them. I liked how the BEs pre-patch were a 100% change rate.
The most common complaints I hear about her is JS sucks, JS is too unsafe, I hate when I unexpectedly change, I don't know if I'm changed, & she's bad. If that would be the case, I think many would prefer an improved SCIII version of Tira in the making of IV, then V. Who knows how great she could have been if she stayed the same but improved. Maybe you wouldn't have said that you hate the fact that you love her. Maybe she could have been a better character. Maybe she could have been a famous character everyone would love to play & make her a priority to main. Besides, I don't really like what they did to her either, but I'm willing to roll with it & still use her.

I've heard she was too good in SC3. I wasn't good enough when I played it so I dunno.

Personally, I think after having had the stances, reducing her back into a single stance would be like playing Ivy now. I really hate playing as her in SC5 'cause she's booooorrriiiiiiinnngg.

Tira's super fun, just.. weak.

I've heard she was too good in SC3. I wasn't good enough when I played it so I dunno.
I can relate, I had a feeling that she was much better & stronger then what she is now.

Tira is not weak lol
She is, but what she can do can make up for it. Like toying with your enemies. As in terms of power though, Pyrrha's better then her & she doesn't have more power then Tira, as it shows on the status chart. Tells me that you could get better damage & combos with others then you can with Tira. Tira's just really good at playing the jabbing game (Aka Close Quarters fighting) which could lead into one of the few big combo's she has to offer (For as long as you don't kill yourself). She also works really well with grappling, but that's about it. All that comes with great risks; destroying or getting destroyed are both fairly even. Where as some have their play style a little more above good then bad.

Like I said, mixed bag.

OpieOP.png

fucking tira players, i swear

Last edited:
I've been maining Tira since SCV came out and I fucking hate the bitch. So fucking weak, not to mention she's a bi-polar psycho-bitch who likes to change moods if she stubs her toe on a rock. Don't even get me started with her GS 3B bullshit or her goddamn wall combos...

I've been maining Tira since SCV came out and I fucking hate the bitch. So fucking weak, not to mention she's a bi-polar psycho-bitch who likes to change moods if she stubs her toe on a rock. Don't even get me started with her GS 3B bullshit or her goddamn wall combos...

Compare her damage output, speed, and safety to that of most of the cast and she is, in fact, weak.

Where can I find this timewarp to Pre-EVO 2012 so many of you people are stuck in?

I, for one, like Tira's concept. I still find it fun juggling between what amounts to a weaker and a stronger version of the same character in one bundle; the amount of ways she can shift between JS and GS also ensures that I pay close attention to how I use her, which in turn helps discourage me from playing too brainlessly. If y'all feel the time spent in GS isn't worth the time stuck in JS, then maybe she ain't the character for you. =V

Also, who the fuck bases their character opinions on those 5-way chart things nowadays

I probably bashed on Tira a little too hard, I apologize for that. I just wish she was better then what she is now. Don't get me wrong, I still think she's good, but I don't like knowing that my skills to destroy is as even as getting destroyed, because that would just make me feel like its not my fault half the time. As for the status chart, I don't like being lied to. I don't do damage or hit more as I thought I would, so that kind of got me startled a little. When I found out that Pyrrha attacks more & hits harder then Tira. That right there got me sitting at my tv, scratching my head, saying "wtf?"

Just to get this out of the way to make this clear of who I'm playing (I know most ppl don't like it, but it was my decision). I'm playing as CaS characters for both Tira & Pyrrha at height 4. Not their recommended height, but correct if I'm wrong. This still doesn't change the fact that Pyrrha's better, does it? Regardless if they were the originals or preferred height. So would it still even matter?

I don't think so....

shut-up.jpg

Why do i come to this thread hoping something relevant and interesting is being said. Instead we're going backwards. I give up in defending her status.

Last edited:
Tira was bottom tier in both versions in Sc3, don't know where you heard otherwise. Tira's fine as she is. Obviously when you compare her to top tier characters such as Alpha, Viola or Pyrrha, she's gonna come short. When compared to mid tier characters, such as Voldo, Maxi or Nightmare, she's at, if not better than, their level.

But it's one frame slower than 3B...how is it useful for punishment?

I promise I'm not just being a dick, I kinda play Tira.

Back