Tira Matchup Discussion

To be honest I don't know what to do about aB spam, for me it is one of the stupidest attacks in the game. If you have any tips feel free to share.
I did some testing on this, and as far as I can tell, the best option to punish aB at tip range is JS 6A. That's only if both hits of the aB are blocked. If you only block the B, JS 6A will whiff. You can also punish with CE. 3K works too but only if you're a little closer.

EDIT:
found some other punishes for Cervy's aB at close range:
JS/GS 3B
JS 4A (kind of surprised that this is able to punish, but it does..though you have to be close range when you block)
JS/GS 3K
JS 66AA (need to be quick)
CE

I'm still rather new to playing SCV (only 4 months) and just besides reading the paper on how to deal with bad matchups I want to know is there any type of creative ways you guys handle them?

You know you should go to Tira forum, there you will find all kinda of useful information, =)

Not all are posted in there & I don't like to follow "just the paper" on fighting a bad matchup because according to the "paper" I lose.

Updraft should solve the range, try ataks that cover area and don t go on defencive cuz range chars lose some opition on close.... well hope works alrigth

For Astaroth, I keep myself just out of range of his attacks. From this range, it's a lot easier to manuever around his moves, and punish whiffs with a long-range attack (JS 66AA, GS 2A+B, etc). Also, as Hikari suggested, Updraft can be a great tool to close the distance & evade/punish his sweeping lows and horizontals (just be careful not to overuse it; it's easy to punish). I like to fake them out by using 7B+K w/o an attack (at a distance, of course) or using the less common "A" followup (it's unsafe, but since a lot of people try to step Updraft, I frequently score a CH w/ a potential to mood shift; use with discretion). It's important to keep a distance since his throws and CE (can't duck this on reaction) can mean the difference between life or death.
Unfortunately, I have very little experience vs. Hilde... from what I've seen, she seems to play similar to Raph (linear, long-range verticles; horizontals have poor range); so I'd approach her in a similar way.
As for Viola... well... I'd be interested to get some tips as well. I have a very hard time with this MU. Stepping/ducking the orb is easy enough, but once she gets close, that's the real problem... JS B+K works wonders on novice, spam-happy Violas.

Thanks for the advice...yea I usually lose to viola once she is in & gets the pressure started...imo I feel asta & viola are tira's worst matchups...I also have trouble with ivy...I kinda forgot to mention her earlier.

A lot of Ivy's I've noticed just LOVE that tech-step move. It's almost like a 44B happy Leixia (or the equivalent auto-backstep move on Mitsu, not sure if the imput is 44B though). It can be countered by just being patient; unfortunately, this is not my strongest suite, and fall for it waaaay too often.

A lot of Ivy's I've noticed just LOVE that tech-step move. It's almost like a 44B happy Leixia (or the equivalent auto-backstep move on Mitsu, not sure if the imput is 44B though). It can be countered by just being patient; unfortunately, this is not my strongest suite, and fall for it waaaay too often.
His is 4B, just sayin'. I hate how those have ANY form of tracing. They step too far back and it's super annoying.

Yeah, I don't see Leixia's 44B as much as X's from SC4, but as for Mitsu... wow. I know this move was in SC4, but did it get buffed? So many "good" online Mitsu's use the crap outta 4B. Which is great for a good player (easy to punish), but bad for me (I suck). Another instance where being trigger-happy gets me killed is his 3B BE. The imput can be so delayed it's very hard to see coming.

Viola's midrange game is awful. You completely dominate her if you space her at that distance. Her step punish is close range as well. Don't let her get free ball setups. Abuse step when you're outside her 3A range (take Viola to practice mode and see which range it whiffs).

Thanks for the advice...yea I usually lose to viola once she is in & gets the pressure started...imo I feel asta & viola are tira's worst matchups...I also have trouble with ivy...I kinda forgot to mention her earlier.
Learn to just guard asta's 44(A) and 4(B) i know its a tedious task....but it's worth it since that takes away some of his guard break pressure, and duck against his throws when u anticapate them the matchup becomes alot easier. Thats why I did with zwei heh only thing I really hate from him is his revenge crap rush and CE zzzzzzz

Back