Tira Matchup Discussion

What you should and should not do can be seen in this video but slade pretty much said it.

Also watch out for Algol's agi
Edit: also also playing online is going to hurt with his knock down lows and 412356 mixups.

Anyone got in tips for fighting Raph? Whenever I fight him, I find myself not knowing what to do.

tumblr_meagpxA39j1rz1azxo1_500.jpg

:)

I will keep that in mind the next time I fight one! :sc4amy1:

It really helps! Trust me. :b

But really, I'm honestly not sure how to put fighting them into words... I don't really do anything in particular, I just fight.

Just like everyone asks me how I'm so good at comebacks, but that's just.. how I play? lol

I find myself struggling against Nightmare. Even when i play really offensive I end up getting hit with moves that are faster than mine and once he gets started 90% of my health is gone. I tried defensive and my guard broken within seconds. What can I do?

What I do is play passive-aggressive. You have to do your best to dodge all of his moves.
4K.K/4kBE's second hit can be ducked and WR B.K.B punished. Most Nightmare's will do Grim Stride A when they use a move that puts him in the stance, which again can be WR B.K.B punished when ducked.
Use distancing pokes like 6K and then steps to evade his counter attempts and punish.

Violent Vodka: thank you a lot I suck when it comes to Tira vs Nightmare. But I took your suggestions and finally beat my friend who is a nightmare main. Do you have any suggestions for Fighting Maxi? I struggle against him often as well.

Maxi's a bit more of a pain IMO.. His 6A+B has retarded tracking so I can't often step it..

What i do in most cases is backstep when he starts a string.. So..

44B.B ~ A.bBE B+K is a staple combo for him. This can be avoided by blocking the first hit, backstepping, and countering with a 3B.

His 6A.A.K is also pretty often used. The second hit can be ducked and with proper timing, you can WR B punish. This is pretty strict, so it may take practice.

With both of those, however, they can mix it up and catch you..
44B.A.K will likely catch your backstep.
6A.B will hit your duck.

A lot of Maxi's will also do 66B.(B) if you block the first hit. He steps too quick for 4K to work. I belive WR K or JS 66A.A will catch him and beat his attacks.

For the most part, I try to stay outside his range at all times, but I feel he's got more useful mid/long range tools than Tira. It's really just a battle of trying to guess which move they're going to do and adjust accordingly.

In other words its a game of guessIng which is kinda depressing. Even so you gave me some useful tips to defeat maxi users thank you so much.

No problem.

Also, with the 44B.B or 6A.B, you can do Einsatz Calcatrix or Grim Reaper. You'll impact any of their following attacks and if you see they're trying to exit the stance, just hit A+B for a chance to headbutt 'em.

Though if you time that wrong, you'll eat a good portion of your HP, so..

Most Tira users don't use B+K much unless it's in Gloomy to impact a string.
I use that thing quite often as it fills my gauge nicely.

Maxi's a bit more of a pain IMO.. His 6A+B has retarded tracking so I can't often step it.

His 6A.A.K is also pretty often used. The second hit can be ducked and with proper timing, you can WR B punish. This is pretty strict, so it may take practice.

With both of those, however, they can mix it up and catch you..
44B.A.K will likely catch your backstep.
6A.B will hit your duck.

A lot of Maxi's will also do 66B.(B) if you block the first hit. He steps too quick for 4K to work. I belive WR K or JS 66A.A will catch him and beat his attacks.
Just a couple of things to add. Always step to your right, 6A+B only tracks to one side. Even Tira's crap sidestep should be able to evade it.

6A can be outright punished. I'm pretty sure 4K beats all his options here. Or AA if you're in gloomy and don't want that mood change.

After blocking 66B, WR K can be countered if they know the MU and JS 66A can be aGI'd, so if you don't fancy guessing, FC A is a guaranteed punish.

I find myself struggling against Nightmare. Even when i play really offensive I end up getting hit with moves that are faster than mine and once he gets started 90% of my health is gone. I tried defensive and my guard broken within seconds. What can I do?
I believe this MU is totally in Tira's favor. His 3B can be punished by her 66A beating all of his options from that stance. If you duck the punch of his 44K and/or 44K BE, you can get a free WR B mix up.

I've faced nightmares I can't get around, but that's mainly when they're really good at distancing.. I don't feel Tira has many useful non-BE to help close the distance.

Back