Tira - Video and Discussion Thread

"Honestly Shining Decopon isn't that great. He's clever, but his opponent clearly didn't know Tira."
You think? He took EVO. That alone proves that he is pretty awesome. Maybe not the best, but I wouldn't say he is not great.

I was bored and decided to post this match against a GC scrub tonight who decided he/she/it couldn't take a loss.

Aside from an input error that cost me the third round, I basically wipe up the floor with 'em. He messages me, "cheap Tira". So I message him, "stay salty". About five minutes go by and I get: "Well, start being legit and not using overused characters like Tira, with easy-high damaging combos. Yes, I fell for the simple moves but the damage on a attack from her can be ridiculous."

That's just mean man...I almost cried....not really. Anyway, here's the match:

"Well, start being legit and not using overused characters like Tira, with easy-high damaging combos. Yes, I fell for the simple moves but the damage on a attack from her can be ridiculous."
This guy clearly knows what he's talking about. I mean, gosh.. I run into other Tira players, like, constantly and her combos are just so very easy!

Slight sarcasm. Tira players, especially those with skill, are pretty uncommon. And though her combos are fairly easy, they have a mood change chance which do effect them and make them more difficult.

Scrubs for some reason love to think Tira (or any character that trashes them around) is God Tier.

I like how you Updraft after 66AA in JS; I'll try that out ;)

Scrubs for some reason love to think Tira (or any character that trashes them around) is God Tier.

I like how you Updraft after 66AA in JS; I'll try that out ;)
Thanks! I'll keep standing by believing that Updraft, when used correctly, is absolutely invaluable to Tira's arsenal.

Thanks! I'll keep standing by believing that Updraft, when used correctly, is absolutely invaluable to Tira's arsenal.

Have you found any string that knockdowns the opponent and leaves them at a distance where Updraft K hits low if they wake up? If not I'm too curious... I'll investigate this evening.

Have you found any string that knockdowns the opponent and leaves them at a distance where Updraft K hits low if they wake up? If not I'm too curious... I'll investigate this evening.
I've never actually tried experimenting with that specifically. It's possible...maybe GS 4A, it knocks them back kind of far. I'd imagine though to get it to work with any string, you'd have to do the 7B+K version since Updraft K goes pretty far.

EDIT: Ok, just did a little testing and my initial findings are that GS 4A at tip range followed by 7B+K K will hit low if they tech back or left, but it'll whiff if they tech right and hit mid if they just get up. It's not a tech trap though because it can still be blocked. One thing I found that helps to get into range better for GS 4A to work is use GS 6A first, and then follow with GS 4A.

I've never actually tried experimenting with that specifically. It's possible...maybe GS 4A, it knocks them back kind of far. I'd imagine though to get it to work with any string, you'd have to do the 7B+K version since Updraft K goes pretty far.

EDIT: Ok, just did a little testing and my initial findings are that GS 4A at tip range followed by 7B+K K will hit low if they tech back or left, but it'll whiff if they tech right and hit mid if they just get up. It's not a tech trap though because it can still be blocked. One thing I found that helps to get into range better for GS 4A to work is use GS 6A first, and then follow with GS 4A.
Nice find! Thanks!

The SA hasn't been too lively lately. So, I'll go ahead and post another recent match I had against a Sieg player. Overall a pretty decent match I think. I'm getting my patience under control better. Still need to work on getting in my taunt/taunt cancels in though.

The SA hasn't been too lively lately. So, I'll go ahead and post another recent match I had against a Sieg player. Overall a pretty decent match I think. I'm getting my patience under control better. Still need to work on getting in my taunt/taunt cancels in though.
nice creation

Here's a couple of recent matches I had against a pretty decent Viola player in ranked. I knew that sidestepping against her was important but it never actually clicked with me until the end of the first match. I feel like I had that one but I screwed a couple things up that ended up costing me. Still, the important thing for me is that I began applying something important in this match-up. Any further feedback would be appreciated. I was soooooo pissed about round 2 of game one lol.
Game 1:

Game 2:

(Rounds 2 and 4)
I think I'm finally getting a feel for Jolly Tira.
Which is good because I'm bad at getting into Gloomy without Tira's CE.
I should have some Tira matches to make sure I've got it.

(Rounds 2 and 4)
I think I'm finally getting a feel for Jolly Tira.
Which is good because I'm bad at getting into Gloomy without Tira's CE.
I should have some Tira matches to make sure I've got it.
Those 2 mood changes after both of your 66B BE would've made for a great combo if he didn't die. :D

Back