Tira - Video and Discussion Thread

Well, if we're all posting our Tira mirrors...
(I think this was week 1 Tira, so excuse all the scrubby stuff I do and all the missed punishment opportunities)

I'm the one with the edited colours/weapon:

I think I prefer English Tira.

I'm the one spamming GS 3B and drill kicks... Oh wait, that's both of us. More specifically, I'm the scrubby one with darker colours (blue/purple/red) and a funky weapon.

Other guy is a French Tira player, I forget his name, something like OPerfection. I hadn't heard of him before, but he's pretty legit imo.

(I think this was week 1 Tira, so excuse all the scrubby stuff I do and all the missed punishment opportunities)

Wow nice games! Tira sounds... Nice in Japanese. I think I might switch to that haha.

Het let's Tira mirror sometime! PSN: Never_Relent

Started trying to pick up Tira for fun again. I definitely need to work more on my combos, and my punishment, and my everything else... Enjoy!

Yeah. He copied my videos.
They were made before I got my new HD recorder, so the quality may make you want to suicide. But don't.

Edit: That voiceover work.. lolol

I'll give credit where credit is due. Not trying to take anything away from you. It's 100% coincidence. I honestly didn't know you had this video out. I was really bored one day and was messing around with random Algol shit because I hate that matchup lol.

I was just joshing you, no worries. :b

That counter is actually quite impractical because if you're not the perfect distance, it won't work.

If you're too close, you'll absorb three bubbles and only one will impact and hit, making no attacks work.
If you're too far, the two impacted won't hit him.

yes she did, she could loop combo you for somewhere between half and full life. Viola can do the same thing but viola needs to be nerfed too
But the only way Tira could do that much damage to you, is if her stances changed everytime during the combo like you see in the video. There's only a small chance that her stances will change like that 3 times in row during that combo. She never needed to be nerfed in the first place and a combo like that, only happened if you were lucky enough for the JS to change into GS like that 3 times in a row which is a small chance of happening, not a high chance.

Tira should have never been nerfed. She was perfect.

And why haven't they nerfed viola if she can do the same amount of damage without losing any her health?

But the only way Tira could do that much damage to you, is if her stances changed everytime during the combo like you see in the video. There's only a small chance that her stances will change like that 3 times in row during that combo. She never needed to be nerfed in the first place and a combo like that, only happened if you were lucky enough for the JS to change into GS like that 3 times in a row which is a small chance of happening, not a high chance.

Tira should have never been nerfed. She was perfect.

And why haven't they nerfed viola if she can do the same amount of damage without losing any her health?
You are aware of that you're discussing whether or not tira should have been nerfed with the person that pretty much wrote her wiki frame data right? I know my shit. Standard JS 66B>66B BE combo dealt 90 damage which is about right for a move a like that. the difference is that if she switched moods she'd loop it (with meter) for another 45 damage the mood switch, which wasn't that uncommon prepatch. Then there's JS 66B BE loops off of GS 4K which was more likely to switch prepatch which would deal an unacceptable 90+ damage on an i12 punish. Then there's a million other easy to make happen loops I can think of. The point being is that she was unfair and would have likely been a very dominant character had she'd been allowed to stay the way she was. As for why Viola hasn't been nerfed it's simply because the game is no longer supported.

You are aware of that you're discussing whether or not tira should have been nerfed with the person that pretty much wrote her wiki frame data right? I know my shit. Standard JS 66B>66B BE combo dealt 90 damage which is about right for a move a like that. the difference is that if she switched moods she'd loop it (with meter) for another 45 damage the mood switch, which wasn't that uncommon prepatch. Then there's JS 66B BE loops off of GS 4K which was more likely to switch prepatch which would deal an unacceptable 90+ damage on an i12 punish. Then there's a million other easy to make happen loops I can think of. The point being is that she was unfair and would have likely been a very dominant character had she'd been allowed to stay the way she was. As for why Viola hasn't been nerfed it's simply because the game is no longer supported.
When it comes to discussions like this, it is ambiguous. We all have our opinions on things. You are right, you do know your shit, but I know wisdom when I see it aswell. The point is that Tira takes damage from doing combo attacks and these are combos that require meter.

She had to have 2 meters in order to do that much damage and
it was still a small chance of Tira, changing stances like that 3 times in a row while doing that combo. In exchange for taking damage while using her combos on top of meters, should she not be rewarded enough at least??

But one thing I do agree is that they should have reduced the damage on the combo, instead of making it to where she can't connect the combo period.

Last edited:
When it comes to discussions like this, it is ambiguous. We all have our opinions on things. You are right, you do know your shit, but I know wisdom when I see it aswell. The point is that Tira takes damage from doing combo attacks. In exchange should she not be rewarded enough?
I think the self damage mechanic is stupid and should be removed form her entirely, the point of the self damage is to prevent the player from spamming retarded moves. The thing is the ones that actually are over powered usually end in them comboing with 666B which already switches into jolly and prevents them from spamming it as it is, or aren't really overpowered like 4A or 22B. All the self damage has done thus far is promote shitty balance to a character that is already hard enough to balance as it is. Besides most of the top players would list Tira as mid to high tier, with the occasional low tier listing, but no one has ever said she is unviable.

I think the self damage mechanic is stupid and should be removed form her entirely, the point of the self damage is to prevent the player from spamming retarded moves. The thing is the ones that actually are over powered usually end in them comboing with 666B which already switches into jolly and prevents them from spamming it as it is, or aren't really overpowered like 4A or 22B. All the self damage has done thus far is promote shitty balance to a character that is already hard enough to balance as it is. Besides most of the top players would list Tira as mid to high tier, with the occasional low tier listing, but no one has ever said she is unviable.
I agree. I don't believe in spamming though. But I also see your point of view aswell. They should have kept her stances from SC3 though, to balance her out.

Ok guys I'm back for more help. I have tough trouble with Pyrrah. Not really with punishment, but more so her oki and major frame advantage. A lot of her moves leave her with positive or neutral frames. Her low mix ups and constant spacing with AA or BB makes it difficult for me to move in. What is a proper way to move in? I'm speaking on a particular player specifically (MONEYMUFFINS)

what is a proper way to move in?
When I play as Tira I use, :6::A: or :6::A::B: in JS, which is good for punishing those who are 8wayrunning and closing in on them, which can lead to other options such as pressures and mix ups. Also sometimes using :8:or:9::B+K::B: in JS or GS, is a good way to close in on the opponent with a guard break attack, which can also lead to mix ups and pressure game.

Last edited:
Back