Tira Video Archive and Discussion

For those of you curious to see how I actually play, Nyawu recorded some casuals last Friday =D I'm not too proud of them =(

I'm not actually as angry as I sound, really =O I was actually having a great time.

That was a lot of cursing in the background lol. But Cassy isn't easy to handle with Tira so it was appropriate I guess ;-P . Are you playing Tira with stick btw?

And here is some feedback ofcourse:
First of all I'm happy to see new Tira vids:D You seemed to be pretty comfortable with Jolly-Tira and kept spacing and zoning, liked it.
In Gloomy you have been too greedy especially with GS B+K ;-)

Some random observations:
-you should have aimed for some guaranteed damage in some situations especially when it was the last bit of life (0:50-0:60).
-remember Tira's 22_88 B_K are different depending on the side. (I mess those up several time myself:-/)
-more stepping but this improved during the matches.
-harder whiffpunishing and less whiffing on your own.

Keep it up!

Nah, I play on pad. If you're hearing a stick in the background, it's because Wu's playing it. I'm not pro enough for stick =(

Anything you could recommend to use as punishes? Looking back I could see a lot of opportunities to land a guaranteed hit, and I only just did BB instead. Does Tira have anything around i17 that could be used as a good punisher?

Thanks for the feedback =D I hope to have more matches recorded later on.

I try learning Tira with stick but it's like learning the game from the beginning again :-/

Does Tira have anything around i17 that could be used as a good punisher?
Thanks for the feedback =D I hope to have more matches recorded later on.

Punishers < i17
GS 6AAaaa - especially near walls
GS BF 44K - her fastest move with high damage potential. BF version covers slightly more range
GS BB - it's not the worst option if you want +frames and damage
GS 2A - it's 2A

JS BB/AA - Jolly doesn't have no good punishers <i17 :-(
JS 6B8 - for plusframes
JS 44K - almost no range but if close it's her best punisher in JS

Hope this helps.

ABI: We can discuss your vid even more in Javachat. Judging by a recent post of yours though you're starting to get the idea.

arnboku: I'll say this again. You LVed the f*ck up son! Some of the best Tira vids out there currently. I do have some suggestions for you.

-More pokey pokey so you don't spend most of the time blocking in JS. 1B for example. You know how good it is. JS 4B is useful against her as well if you account for 33B.
-More 1A. Hard to punish with umbrella even though it's -12 up close. Completely safe against her at tip which is where you want it blocked.
-Have your umbrella punisher set in your mind so you'll react out of instinct. I usually do 3B. No fuss, no muss.
-Punish B+K with 44K, JS FC A or GS 6A MSH A.
-Duck 66BA and punish.
-44B+K is BB punishable.
-After JS 6AB try some more mixups. 88K to TC. 66AA if you're brave. 6K to TJ and beat anything i14. 44K for a straight-up frame trap. Etc.

Thx again mikosu :)
Gonna try to work your advice in.
Somehow I didn't manage to duck this 66BA nonsens lol.

I would have provided my latest vids aswell but because of the bad contrast settings of my webcam there are only shapes to see...

Because this thread is dying I post ONLINE matches. Criticism is appreciated but mind it's all online!
(Especially the GI-Window got screwed so I do pretty useless stuff after GIs :-/)

Arnboku (Tira) vs. Ring (Ivy)

I was destroyed but never the less had much fun. Ring is such a monster :D

A big thx to Sprudling for making the recordings possible

Found some vids of this nervous Tira scrub. Tell him what you guys think.

This scrub played pretty well and did some spacing I didn't know Tira was capable of lol. Solid play. Liked your cautious playstyle (disregarding JS 66AA spam but hey you got away with it).

Against Mitsu:
I would be using 4B+K or even GS 2A+B after lets say Mitsu's WS B on block or similar "minor" blockstuns of him when he is 4B_ happy or just backstep G occasionly.

Against Amy:
-Against Amy 6B, 6BB, 6BB spam 4B+K could have helped you out aswell. (TC 8-14, TJ 18- ) or 22K
More 6K up close and "leave-me-alone" stuff such as 1B, 6B, A+G throw maybe.

In general:
-In some occasions you missed (guaranteed) followups after 1A (dunno if on purpose or not).
-After GS 22_88A, 2A+B you could have forced the GS 66B ; 88K mixup somewhat more because no one seemed to be able to block 88K on reaction.
-After a GI go for her post-GI stuff. Throws are ok but this is one of the few possibilities for Tira to do actually high damage.

Your match against Idlemind was weird because he didn't block lows at all and he seemed to freeze every time you came near him so I assume you did everything right :D.

Congrats to your placing btw :)

hey, just thought i would plug in my matches as well. wel one of them.

apologies for the bad quality of it.

not a serious match, but fun and a few LOL moments. let me know what you think. you guys are awesome tira players btw.

Found some nice ideas in there like 6A+B cancel into GS BF 66B after B+G throw. Basically both of you have to throw more step more and punish each other more. You should stop using JS B+K which is a bad move to put it in kind words. If you are going to play offline your habit off using 1A over and over may put you in trouble.

But lol what's this at 4:14. Looks like JS B+K aGI triggers GS B+K. But you probably pressed B+K after the recovery of JS B+K. Or is this some sort of trick I haven't discovered yet?! I was really confused at this moment :D

yeah i cancel 6A+B alot, though i didnt show much in the video. our rules when we play, is that we dont throw or ring each other out(which explains the lackness of it). but offline, and with tourney players, i do throw at times. more with zasalamel than tira to say. i dont know why i used b+k, i think i just use it to taunt. i cant help but use 1A, i know its a bad thing to keep on doing, but i just love the combos involved with it whether it is mid air or headbutt stun. clearly by the LOL i gave at 4:14, i was shocked, but yeh i think chaser did GSB+K as soon as JSB+K finished. even though it still shouldnt have happened. hopefully ill record some of my serious play later on but yeah, theres more than that.

This scrub played pretty well and did some spacing I didn't know Tira was capable of lol. Solid play. Liked your cautious playstyle (disregarding JS 66AA spam but hey you got away with it).

Against Mitsu:
I would be using 4B+K or even GS 2A+B after lets say Mitsu's WS B on block or similar "minor" blockstuns of him when he is 4B_ happy or just backstep G occasionly.

Against Amy:
-Against Amy 6B, 6BB, 6BB spam 4B+K could have helped you out aswell. (TC 8-14, TJ 18- ) or 22K
More 6K up close and "leave-me-alone" stuff such as 1B, 6B, A+G throw maybe.

In general:
-In some occasions you missed (guaranteed) followups after 1A (dunno if on purpose or not).
-After GS 22_88A, 2A+B you could have forced the GS 66B ; 88K mixup somewhat more because no one seemed to be able to block 88K on reaction.
-After a GI go for her post-GI stuff. Throws are ok but this is one of the few possibilities for Tira to do actually high damage.

Your match against Idlemind was weird because he didn't block lows at all and he seemed to freeze every time you came near him so I assume you did everything right :D.

Congrats to your placing btw :)

Thanks arnie. I'm not afraid to spam gimmicks 'til people learn how to deal with them. Unfortunately my mindset wasn't normal during the tourney so I didn't do a lot I could've.

With Mitsu I don't feel like Tira's better than him at any range. I mean let's face it her spacing/zoning is kinda sucky. So I figure I might as well do what I can. Poke at mid range and mix up close. I had amazing luck JUing 2KB that day and it's a load off your mind if you don't have to respect that low. I recommend blocking and punishing it though. 4B > my patience but I should do better against it next time.

Lol Amy. I gave in to her completely that vid. I was trying to not respect her lows since her mids hurt more. Sadly her lows need to be respected too so I'm sure what I'll do against her in the future. 4B+K would've been perfect. Can't believe that slipped my mind. I feel so scrubby eating all those 6BB sequences but I chalk that up to nerves.

The first time I missed the 1A combo was because I was off-axis against Ivan.2nd time was because the inputs didn't come out for some reason (pad I used the whole tourney wasn't mine).

Post GS 2A+B oki slipped my mind. Thanks boss man. The fight with Ivan made me wish it LNC on NH. Having to anticipate the kind of hit for the most damage is pretty annoying.

I was afraid to GI too much so when I did I probably did something crappy instead of the damaging post-GI. I really need to play more.

My win against IdleMind was due to total Tira ignorance. If we ever play in casuals I'll be telling him anti.

Overall the tourney was great but I hope I won't be so nervous next time. And I'm bringing my own dang pad. Not risking that again.

EDIT: My favorite moments were from
to 1:10. I LANDED WR B+K on a breathing human being! Then landed that tech/no tech mixup. It's soooo good. If they haven't respected Tira's oki before they will now.

im not an expert with every character but, with zasalamel, u could have used 2A more frequently at times where 6B+K or 4A was blocked.(you kinda just stood there blocking once it was blocked) you could have also used it to dodge 6BB spam, and then follow up with some draw moves(i.e 2B6) and then mix it up however u do afterwards.

Not really ZUZU. Amy can beat out anything worth doing in those situations. I was waiting to see what he would do. 4A (blocked) 2A is not a frame trap but it works from time to time. By the time I thought I had him figured out to some degree I lost :(

well i did say im not an expert with all the characters. so i wasnt expecting to be right about it. i dont play against any people that use amy, probably because there isnt a big SC community in australia. btw mikosu, i see that you are watching melbourne players on ustream, how do you find the aussie players such as i?

Most of the players I saw on the Melbourne stream are new so I can't say much. But I'm glad there's a newly thriving community out there. You should join Engared and them on the stream. Show us your skills!

Back