Tira Video Archive and Discussion

Good vids. Kind of surprised on some of his losses and wins. It looked like he lucked a few and had bad luck on some of his losses. He was VERY comfortable in JS.

Hi.
I recorded some Matches with a friend recently.

2ndFace(Tira) vs. Grumpy(Yun Seong)

Part 1:
Part 2:
Part 3:

During part 1 and 2 I play with my Arcade Stick.
At the beginning of part 3 I Switch back to Joypad because I got annoyed by stupid input mistakes.

Hi.

Part 1:
Part 2:
Part 3:

At the beginning of part 3 I Switch back to Joypad because I got annoyed by stupid input mistakes.

Nice matches. If I may offer a bit of input...

:sc4tir1: Careful about that BT B+K mixup you do. If you only do the first hit, it's -19 on block! If your friend knew any better, he could have BB'd you out of all your options. I know I know, application over theory, and for what it's worth, it DID work (TCing under highs or throws is a pretty sweet deal)... Just be careful you don't get found out.

:sc4tir1: Just so you know, Yun only has 3 mid options out of CR stance, and one of them can't be done at close range (his CR B+K, which hops right over your head). His 2 viable options are CR A+B (and its [A]+ variant, both of which are easily telegraphed and blockable on reaction) and CR K (and it's K:G variant, which your friend actually does very well). CR K is the only one you need to worry about, and it's only ever troublesome if you get CH'd with it (unless he did the JF version, which won't launch you into the air). In most cases, it's really just best to duck against Yun when he goes into CR; Yun is at a REALLY bad disadvantage when he whiffs CR A, and CR B is best avoided at all costs since it's so fast. Ducking also lets you guard against his low options, CR 2KK and CR A+K, both of which are pretty bad on block also. In most cases, you can GS 2A him out of his CR stance if you ever have advantage on him. As for JS, you may want to FC A him after you duck/guard one of his moves.

:sc4tir1: I uh... would recommend against using GS 22B outside of combos. It's slow, low range, linear, and it got you killed that one round =O. I can't think of a practical application for that move unless your opponent likes to lie on the floor, in which case it would net you a free BF 66B.

:sc4tir1: You can net yourself a bit more damage if you do BF 66K after GS 22_88A connects instead of 2A+B, but you do hurt yourself a bit in doing so. Neither option is a 'better way', so you can choose which one suits your needs better.

Thanks for the hints.
I know that BT B+K is very risky, but grumpy almost always thought that I would finish the String and kept blocking. So I kept doing it.

About the missed damage opportunities: I really blame my lack of experience with Tira for that.
I am still not very accurate with the BF buffering and other stuff with her.

The self kill with 22B was intentional... really. That round was a bit frustrating for me and this was my way to deal with that.

Hi.

Part 1:
Part 2:
Part 3:

Good fights, you've got a solid Tira

~I like that use her 4B as often as u do, using that consistently is one thing im lacking

~Something i noticed too, is that u seem REALLY comfortable in Jolly, and at times it seemed like that was the mood u preferred to be in, so props for that dude.

~Also, in the second vid when u used 4A:A and broke down one of the walls followed by 44K, did u try and shake the self stun or no?

~I cant believe that u didnt Updraft very often, also somewhat impressive.

~Overall, nice Tira, and I love the fact that all Tira users who are good, fight with completely different stlyes.

~ Also, what did u use to record to matches with??

Thank You.

-Yes I love 4B. It's a great "tool to fool".
But only versus characters with worse or about the same reach as Tira. Against good Asta or Hilde players I might be heavily punished for my overuse.

-Jolly is not really my "preferred" state but I still think it's very good. for example 4B (<3) and 66AA are quite good moves.
And her mixup with 44A A_B_2B is quite good too.

-I can't really recall if I tried to shake the stun. I usually try to shake every stun(even unshakeables :D).
I'll watch the video again and maybe I remember the situation. edit: Just watched it: No I didn't try to brak the stun...

-I don't like updraft... It's begging for GIs IMO(grumpy GIs any mid UP move almost 100%). The only "useful" move on experienced players might be UP K on low hit distance, and that's a bit too tricky for me.

-I recorded the matches with a VHS-Recorder(Yes, Cassettes :)), copied that tape with a DVD-Recorder and another VHS-Recorder, converted the DVD with AutoGK to AVI and finally cut the Videos with VirtualDUB.
Took quite long, but I had no other choice because the DVD-Recorder didn't record either from the PS3 or the tape directly.

Again thx to all for watching.

Updraft has it's uses. Sometimes an "empty" updraft baits GIs. But still risky :-/

true statement, I used to abuse it A LOT, but then i started getting GI'd heavily so now i either do an "empty" (nice notation Arn =) ) and buffer a JF 66B, K, etc. Or ill use it to evade an atttack, or in one near impossible to land combo

I use a lot UD on wakeup. Like after 66A or CH wrB or 22B/1B on grounded etc. They're really far away so that's the only way to keep pressure on. Admittedly I'm using more and more empties as time goes by (and less UD overall) but I think it has it's place. I don't really use it for evasion so much as wakeup.

I use a lot UD on wakeup. Like after 66A or CH wrB or 22B/1B on grounded etc. They're really far away so that's the only way to keep pressure on. Admittedly I'm using more and more empties as time goes by (and less UD overall) but I think it has it's place. I don't really use it for evasion so much as wakeup.

i use to it a lot on wake up too, but the ppl i play with have gotten used to it, I still use for wake up sometimes, or ill use her 4B+K, this can cover ground quickly too, and u can buffer a JF during the cartwheel animation

Just a few vids of me playin against a buddy of mine, be gentle :)

Hey,

the quality is excellent, compared to my own vids:D
#

-Nice usage of JS 6A shenaningans.
-Good wallgame
-The first round you played a very unsafe Tira but this got better in the following rounds.
-You abused UPD because the Yoshi didn't step or GI (maybe because of online). Don't forget it's riskyness.
-same goes for 1A. Blocked it begs for mixups.

well that's what I saw straightaway

Back