Tira Video Archive and Discussion

Will fill in comments soon.

be nice!!! thats not the best ive ever played, i plan on posting more soon, (most likely while im playing really solid opponents, this was more of a test vid than anything)... once i get my recording down, so far the most i can record at a time is 3 mins, so bear with me :D

the quality is excellent, compared to my own vids:D
#

-Nice usage of JS 6A shenaningans.
-Good wallgame
-The first round you played a very unsafe Tira but this got better in the following rounds.
-You abused UPD because the Yoshi didn't step or GI (maybe because of online). Don't forget it's riskyness.
-same goes for 1A. Blocked it begs for mixups.

well that's what I saw straightaway

thanks about the quality :)

-switching up with JS 6A is one of my main strats while in Jolly, its ALOT more useful when playing online though IMO
-yea, sometimes my hunger for a wall combo gets me trouble tho
-yea i was really unsafe, the matches prior to that one i did alot of winning so i was feelin antsy, and my playing always suffers under high pressure situations (tourneys, recorded matches, mirrors etc)
-ohhh UP, yea the guy i was playing hardly ever steps or GI's it, but yea if im playin someone who does, ill just do an 'empty' UD or use it solely to escape
-1A is probably my worst habit, im trying to reduce its usage unless im canceling her UB

Just a few vids of me playin against a buddy of mine, be gentle :)

Nice eh? I'll try lol. Ok quick comments:

Vid quality's good enough. Aww man online play. I can't really judge you from this but biggest thing I noticed is you GI after certain moves too much. You could be punished pretty hard for that when people catch on. Unless you're doing that for another reason try not to. In some places that you GIed GS 44A might have worked. I'm surprised the whiffed moves into BF 66K worked. If you block Yoshi 214A your best punisher is GS 6A MSH A. If you're slow to react do FC B for damage or FC A for advantage. Your Tira seems fine (online aside) but I suggest working on those GI habits and ur basic defense. Your brave offense (read unsafe) does seem to work for you so that's definitely an interesting edge.

Really nice Vids! Didn't know you could buffer BF inputs during 6A+B and do BF 66B after the G-cancel. 4A+B was thrown out so much and almost never stepped or GIed. Have to watch again and find the reason. I almost forgot about this move :-/

Oof's Vader completely destroyed his Tira. Not saying it's his fault, but more 1A agains Vader may be wiser due to the delay to bate Auto-GI and it being safer and having more range than 88K. It also deals more SG damage.

4A+B was thrown out so much and almost never stepped or GIed. Have to watch again and find the reason. I almost forgot about this move :-/

i think there wasn't a reason.he just not Gied.furthemore Tira's 4A+B you can side step it very easy.

nice Tira though from Lawrence.i dont know if Nightmare player or he was playing first time.because they didnt block to some very obvious moves each other.

can someone be so kind to tell me how to do this move? (in a simple understandable manner)
in the vid description its says 1A:B but idk wut that means -_-'
do i have to move the control pad a set # of times like in her gloomy stance or something??
is it like 5 times ----> or something. (just an example)
please and thank you <3

That move is JS's version of GS's 2A+B.

If it's the notations you aren't understanding, think of the number pad on your keyboard. The numbers refer to the direction you have to press for the command.

7 = up-left
8 = up
9 = up-right
4 = left
5 = neutral
6 = right
1 = down-left
2 = down
3 = down-right

As for A:B, it simply means you have to press them one after another rather than pressing them at the same time. If you had to press them at the same time, the notion would be A+B.

That move is JS's version of GS's 2A+B.

If it's the notations you aren't understanding, think of the number pad on your keyboard. The numbers refer to the direction you have to press for the command.

7 = up-left
8 = up
9 = up-right
4 = left
5 = neutral
6 = right
1 = down-left
2 = down
3 = down-right

As for A:B, it simply means you have to press them one after another rather than pressing them at the same time. If you had to press them at the same time, the notion would be A+B.

THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!!
<3
*hugs tightly*
you are awesome, you have made my day :)
keep spreading that happiness <3
~U.E.K.636

Back