Tira's Just Frame Moves and discussion.

it means doing the directions of the move while in the recovery of a particular state. Eg. While blocking say mitsu's 3B, you can keep mashing 44444, and as he is finished the move you press K. That will give you her 44444K jf as a punisher. You don't need to wait until the 3B is done to start pressing 4444.
There's more to it than just that though..but when you play some more it'll come naturally. Basically you just start inputting directions before hand.

ok so i apologize if this was already mentioned but UD K can also be high, if it hits under her animation barely then you get alot of spacing and in BT. Raphs 6BB punishes it though so its still punishable but not as much as the low and mid versions of UD K because of spacing.

44AA on NH then UD works well on closing in because of the bizzare and long KND from 44AA

I figured this information is important enough to require me posting it here as well.
(most of this data was originally posted by Skatan Milla on cf.com)

Tira has two standard just frame moves:

4A:A

and

GS 4B;B;B

Each successive just frame hit should be pressed at roughly the frame of impact of the previous hit. If you hit it correctly, you'll see a white flash and the move will continue.

Here's where it gets a bit odd...

Tira has SIX non-standard "just frame" moves:

GS 44444A (38 damage, up from 26)
GS 66666A (26 damage, up from 20)
GS 44444B (35 damage, up from 20)
GS 66666B (48 damage, up from 22)
GS 44444K (22 damage, up from 18)
GS 66666K (33 damage, up from 24)

Yes, you have to press 4 or 6 five times in order to see the white flash and pull of the "just frame."

The advantage of doing any of these moves (over the non-JF versions) is purely for the added damage they give (though GS 66666A gives frame advantage on block depending on how many 6's you press). Most only give 5-10 points more damage, but some of them (ie. 44444B and 66666B) about DOUBLE the damage output for pulling off the JF. Sadly, they also take away a tad bit more damage from Tira for performing them (damn Gloomy Stance!).

And for those of you thinking it would be impossible to press so many imputs fast enough to make these moves useful I say this: These JFs are COMPLETELY BUFFERABLE!

Yes, in a game where pretty much all regular move buffering has gone away, THESE moves can be buffered from ANYTHING. Step, guard, other moves, you name it.

Lastly, it's worth mentioning that ALL of these moves can be performed with anywhere from two to five directional presses with increased damage corresponding to the amount of directional presses you pull off. (Example: 6666B does more damage than 666B) You just won't get the white flash unless you pull off alll five.

Hope this helps!
im most probably really late, but if you get the GS 444444k just on an airborne then again on a knocked down, it is a ground stun, which allows you to pull of 11B ch or gives you extra time for 666666b

Back