Tira's Just Frame Moves and discussion.

Rico

[09] Warrior
I figured this information is important enough to require me posting it here as well.
(most of this data was originally posted by Skatan Milla on cf.com)

Tira has two standard just frame moves:

4A:A

and

GS 4B;B;B

Each successive just frame hit should be pressed at roughly the frame of impact of the previous hit. If you hit it correctly, you'll see a white flash and the move will continue.

Here's where it gets a bit odd...

Tira has SIX non-standard "just frame" moves:

GS 44444A (38 damage, up from 26)
GS 66666A (26 damage, up from 20)
GS 44444B (35 damage, up from 20)
GS 66666B (48 damage, up from 22)
GS 44444K (22 damage, up from 18)
GS 66666K (33 damage, up from 24)

Yes, you have to press 4 or 6 five times in order to see the white flash and pull of the "just frame."

The advantage of doing any of these moves (over the non-JF versions) is purely for the added damage they give (though GS 66666A gives frame advantage on block depending on how many 6's you press). Most only give 5-10 points more damage, but some of them (ie. 44444B and 66666B) about DOUBLE the damage output for pulling off the JF. Sadly, they also take away a tad bit more damage from Tira for performing them (damn Gloomy Stance!).

And for those of you thinking it would be impossible to press so many imputs fast enough to make these moves useful I say this: These JFs are COMPLETELY BUFFERABLE!

Yes, in a game where pretty much all regular move buffering has gone away, THESE moves can be buffered from ANYTHING. Step, guard, other moves, you name it.

Lastly, it's worth mentioning that ALL of these moves can be performed with anywhere from two to five directional presses with increased damage corresponding to the amount of directional presses you pull off. (Example: 6666B does more damage than 666B) You just won't get the white flash unless you pull off alll five.

Hope this helps!

Awesome.

What about JS 2AB:A+B? Me not having access to the game makes many questions, but is it CH only or something?

4A:A works only on opponents already in the air, right?

But yeah, when doing the 66666/44444 just frames, i feel like im mashing, and my opponents are like "wtf are you doing" its pretty funny. I like how it feels like something is actually bufferable in this game cause of that, tho.

Awesome.

What about JS 2AB:A+B?

4A:A works only on opponents already in the air, right?

I have no idea what you're talking about with that "2AB:A+B." Are you thinking of another character?

And 4A:A works any time. Standing or in juggles. Just not if the opponent blocks the first hit.

I haven't really used 4B;B;B too much in actual combat(not at all). I didn't really get the time very well in battle and I don't find myself to be in a position to do 4B often with Tira.

How good is the last B on block?

Sadly the last hit of 4B;B;B on block is CRAZY unsafe. I mean FREE LAUNCHER unsafe. Not sure about stopping after the second B though I imagine it's a bit better since I think it forces crouch and has the fear of another hit possibly coming.

I find very little use for 4B;B;B, for the same reasons stated above, needs CH to be guaranteed otherwise it get's blocked and you get housed.

anyone, im not at home to test, how much more dmg does GS 66666K get on CH? For that matter, what is the use of GS 44444A over 44A?

I can't give specific numbers but it's probably around 10-20 dmg more. Will recheck and edit later. 44444A does more damage as well.

Hmm, I can't see the point to GS 44444A. I mean that move is mean't to be buffered quickly to nullify a dash in attack, or to be used as a quick backstepping spacer. Inputing it 5 times, no matter how fast doesn't seem practical and almost seems like it needs to be pre-planned...I guess the only thing that may make it worth trying is- does it yeild more adv. on block?

cha cha

None of the JF moves seem to change the properties of the move itself, just the damage it causes. (aside from 66B which does more hits per 6 that you press).

44A is really only a good move from mid distance when you think a stepable attack coming (or when your back is to the ring edge since it's a reverse ring out). In both of these cases, I could see having input an extra 4 or two just as a consequence of spacing (or while holding guard at the ring edge) though I admit, it seems a bit cramped to squeeze in that many extra inputs when all you're trying to do is a quick evade.

In general, I find the advantage of these JFs is that they can be fully buffered and thus can be instantly executed from a guard or after a move. Thus, instead of having to let go of guard and then press 44A or 44K, one can have the move come out at the first frame possible. This is particularly great with GS 44444K since it's an 11 frame punisher when buffered.

Hmm, I can't see the point to GS 44444A. I mean that move is mean't to be buffered quickly to nullify a dash in attack, or to be used as a quick backstepping spacer. Inputing it 5 times, no matter how fast doesn't seem practical and almost seems like it needs to be pre-planned...I guess the only thing that may make it worth trying is- does it yeild more adv. on block?

cha cha

GS 44444A does 38 regular version 30
GS 44444B does 22 regular version 18

I agree with you somewhat about the practicality of using the jf for such an attack. The most practical one is 44444K, as you can buffer it and use it as a punisher. Although, the move evades so well, that when bombarded with a character tha flows well, throughout blocking their strings you can buffer it and do 44444A. I think you can also buffer it while being hit. It becomes more practical when you think of it in terms of when to start buffering it. One may always have to be on a look out for buffering. Harder than it sounds imo.

The only time 4B;B;B can be used without taking a risk is after landing a GS 44(444)B because it combos, otherwise I haven't been too big on using it.

I have no idea what you're talking about with that "2AB:A+B." Are you thinking of another character?

And 4A:A works any time. Standing or in juggles. Just not if the opponent blocks the first hit.
Well, i didn't have the game until today (my 360 died), so when i glanced over a movelist a week ago, i thought it said 2AB:A+B (like her old 33AB:B).

Then I saw it said 2AB A+K in the command list today and im like "oh shit, im stupid, they're so gonna make fun of me on 8wr, lol"

If nothing else, 4B: B:B LOOKS cool. I was able to combo a 66K after it in the corner, and it looked really dope, even tho it did crap damage.

cha cha
My major use for that move is when under pressure. They start spamming fast moves to be keep me blocking.....I predict a vertical or 2A.....reverse ringout!

My major use for that move is when under pressure. They start spamming fast moves to be keep me blocking.....I predict a vertical or 2A.....reverse ringout!

Exactly, an auto-gi doesn't need to be fast to fill it's purpose, especially not when you've got close to 100dmg combos from it.

Exactly, an auto-gi doesn't need to be fast to fill it's purpose, especially not when you've got close to 100dmg combos from it.

Skatan, he was talking about 44444A, not 44444B. Both have A LOT of uses though. But I wouldn't use 44444A unless I'm relatively sure it's going to hit or if I'm at the ring edge.

Skatan's right about 44B tho. In SC3 it was from a stance (name I can't remember) and it sucked. Had the same animation but you had to do it well in advance of expecting an attack. That property hasn't changed but at least it's not stancebound. I landed it online once and got so surprised that I didn't follow it up in time. With the raping that move can cause it's fair that it's slow. Too bad it doesn't make people react like Sieg's B4.

Tira's 5 directional input JFs are so fun! Yet another crazy aspect about her fighting style.
Do any other characters have this? Just curious.

Back