Toronto Regional Full and Official Results

hahaha this was a very good tourney ^_^b and congrats to all the placers!!

OFF i knew you would take it !!!! and dino and russell ^^b...ohh and eveyone.. dotn' listen to russell..... he just to bounce on me whenever chances he gets ahahha... and there is no angry black man.. going to anyother regional.... ahhahaha....i'm too humble to be mad at anyone...(besides my car).. @@!!

kowtow.. our little matches before the tourney was good man .. and you to LIZARDMAN!!! also probs to that yun player!!!! good shit!!! wallace you to... welcome to the beasting catagory...ohhh and the out of towners... i hope you had a good time!!! sorry i had to leave early...but i really had to do stuffs that day.... i wan't running away ahhahaha....STD run???? ahahha

and to eveyone else out there.....for some reason my name was bolded @@ in the brackets list.... must be some error ahahhaha....

but come on people i went 0-2!!!!!!!! BEAT THAT!!!!!!!!!! STD making greatness all the time ahahhahaha

and sorry for my brother he really didn't fell like coming to this regional.. hahaha... he had other plans i think ahhaha.... ohh dino!!!!!! leave our msn conversation the night before out of this.. ahahah.... i lost period.....

ohhh

syxx!!!!!!!!!!!! dont' worry yo.... you must see the bigger picture... the more canadian in regional.. the better!!!!!!!!... sacriface must be made!!!! ahahahah.... joke joke!!!!

Congrats to placers and Oof on the win, a few of us might've seen that one comin.

Pyro, congrats on 7th in a regional you JI'in, JF'in SOB!!!

I'm sure I'll see ya at one of the tourneys this year... I'll be at the Southern Cali Regionals in a couple weeks.

Kowtow, looks like you matched up against nastiness right off the bat. Way to make the long trip for a tourney.

There were some bye's so even though you won a match, the system still deemed you in the place you are in because of them. Meaning, lower or the same result as the person who won less. Don't blame me, the system calculates these things.

Yeah that's pretty screwed. It really sticks in my mind how I placed higher 'cause of 2 byes but went 0-2, compared to Jug who knocked STD into losers but placed lower. Heh, and nice touch with the bold font there.

Guess I'll just post some random tidbits/props...that Apprentice counterpick was funny, although really first match counterpicks shouldn't happen. But everyone in TO already knows who uses who, and we're just laid back like that so I guess it doesn't matter. Plus page, you got a CF on OOF recorded, that more than makes up for it! You're lucky I offered to record that one haha.

Vince's Toronto vs Buffalo team tourney sweep! Damn, looks like the belt belongs to you now.

Speaking of Buffalo, I didn't really converse too much but we got in some good games. I'll just say that I tried not to be intimidated by a tall white guy with braces, and I hope Jug didn't let Russell's teasing get to him, as he looks like a really laid back and chill person (of course he wasn't bothered! but still...).

First time I saw you Pyro, I heard you're pretty good online. We didn't play unfortunately, but from what I saw from your matches you have a solid game plan. Heh, for some reason now I feel more discouraged than before about my own development.

Watching Wallace's matches made me feel warm inside as well heh. Always an inspiration! It was a little harsh watching you get scrubbed out a bit by Lizardman's crawl stance though.

Nice to see Sami. You should've put some money on that iMCF challenge!

Good stuff Dino. Priceless reaction when you got hit by seppuku!

Great job OOF, definitely looks like you deserved the win.

Lawrence, stick with Tira and keep up the constant stream of suck with me! Pssht, I'm not afraid of 236B, although I probably should be...

Good to see the Oshawa + 1 players come out. I think I only played a few matches with that Asty player? You were missing some of the better guaranteed combos from what I saw so that could use some work. Hopefully you'll stick around the community or forge your own local one...

Thanks for the transportation Russell, and for organizing the tourney. Don't think we even played SC at all, but I got a chance to play Tatsunoko vs Capcom. It's strange how I had to use all those Guilty Gear comparisons when you were explaining the system to me. Now only if I could actually play either of those damn games!

Kyper, after 9 tourneys you should stop using that French dude or at least pick up a secondary!

Congrats OOF, seemed like a pretty good tournament. Also congrats to Pyro for placing 7th (he's the only person I've played that attended this tournament), he has a fucking nasty Siegfried.

Kowtow, looks like you matched up against nastiness right off the bat. Way to make the long trip for a tourney.

I live in Buffalo now, wasn't a long trip at all. I don't think I can make the NJ regional though, still looking for work up here. Even though I have enough saved up for a few months, it just drives me nuts not to have gainful employment, lol.

But yeah, Chach had Oofmaury first as well, haha. Tough brackets are a part of the game, the best players work through them and come out on top, and the results say that I'm not on that level yet. Can't argue with the results.

Looking through my vids I see that BJ was playing Asta, so I guess it would be Devon playing Talim. Just to clarify.

Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Seems like the first regional of the year went well. Good job Russ. Congrats to the 1st-4th qualifiers. As Neo mentioned all results will be posted as such. Good too see that the turnout was decent. Remember to all though, if you don't qualify for nationals you still have shot to compete in the national tournament but you will have to play through pool play to do it to get a spot. It won't be easy but that's why you have 14 more regionals to compete in. Again, congrats to the winners and the website will be updated tonight!!

Congrats yet again OOF.

Also congrats to Pyro. Looks like you're making a name for yourself. Everyone's beginning to see your Sieg and respect it. Now if only I could do the same with my Astaroth at the upcoming TN tourney... :)

ooohh boy can't wait to see team buffalo get raped by an army of one, aka vints the super defense freak android muffin.

that belt is OURS next time punk!

syxx!!!!!!!!!!!! dont' worry yo.... you must see the bigger picture... the more canadian in regional.. the better!!!!!!!!... sacriface must be made!!!! ahahahah.... joke joke!!!!

good luck.. i think i was done playin this game as soon as HD Remix came out... I did what I wanted to do with it... But i'm still gonna cheer on you and damien, and some of my other friends who I think can make it, on the road to nats.

DFG regarding the Update...

My name is spelled Dianand, but you should probably just use Dino.

and Wallace will likely be unable to Travel. So the other Spot will likely go to Vints/Jeff. Likely vints unless he travels. But it would be nice if Jeff can make it.

Yes, if I understand correctly, Wallace announced that he can't go. I will get him to post here to confirm.

DFG: If this is the case, am I going instead?

Good games, everyone. Buffalo players have anti-nightmare inside their blood. They are specially good in casual play also. =(....

Cha Cha, I ate so much X's GB combo. I don't know why I'm unable to GI it by reaction no matter how many times I have trained. =(......

Valei, your Hilda owned my Nightmare. cry..... I was expecting you to get higher place. Anyway, GG.

Big Riches, it is good that you train them very well against nightmare. Actually, I didn't want to have a mirror match in this tourney also, but unfortunetly we need to fight against each other. By the way, your nightmare style is quite good. It is good that you can give russell a difficult time in casual play. =D About your question in nightmare's thread, I think 1K is better than 1[A] most of time. Just opinion.

Kowtow Robinson, you was like a beast which killing people in casual play including me, Dino and others. Too good.

Jug, wow..... you beated STD. You know how hard I can get one round from his Amy? 1 out of 10 probably. =D

B.J., Hi! Bye! I haven't played with you. lol...........

Devon, Hi! Bye! =(

Oofmatic, Damn Lizardman. Watch out! You will pay next times after I adapted my three options against Lizardman. hahahhahahahaa.......lkfjalfskjfshew.

Neorussell, stop sandbagging on me in casual....... lol.......................

Dino, hahahaa....... you are no longer to take my seat.

Vints, ops.... Hwang is back. Watch out. Good shit on beating entire Buffalo team.

Jeff, you are quiet and humble, but your X is cruel and cheap.

Pyro, you pop up first times, get 7th and beated Valei. Cool. Nice to meet you. I hope to play you more next times.

Lawrence, omg, surprise again. Next times no more surprise because you are already a solid player.

Page, my nightmare's fans. =D I think I have learned the basic of nightmare. Next LV is to smooth the game play, and I have been developing some setups which are not part of intentional designs. I think that is the only way to save Nightmare. =(.... Anyway, hahaha.... I'm your Mina's fans. Yeah! Pick Mina as your main, please.

Kyper, as a friend, I will support you. However, you seem still loving Raphael. =D lol...........

Sami, you choked. Anyway, GSKK is my breakfast. =D Give me your dinner.

STD, you rusted. Anyway, my buddy. Don't go early next times. Time to practice together.

At last, congrats all the placers and good luck to the Toronto crew in national tourney.

Back