[Toronto] The Race to 10,000 Mountain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buffalo vs Montreal vs Toronto 1 vs Toronto 2 (Becuz we could never co-exist)

It'd be nice if we had a rotation of T.O MTL and Buffalo Tourneys. MTL is like 4-5 Hours but I think we can handle it.

we should have a montreal rivalry.

You should do your best to make it out to the Toronto events, make yourself known. You've gotta get your face AND your game out there before people travel to play you.

I saw Oof's post and thought he was trolling, but then Juan IMd me around the same time and said the same thing, wtf is this madness?

I made sure to reup the video myself so I could get all of the delicious rage delivered right to me. Every time I check my email there's a new Setsuka fanboy crying all over the place. So good!

Maybe I'll main him just so I can be a Patsuka mod and listen to their complaints even more.

OOF what's with this talking about me like I'm black business in the Roster thread?

For the record, I am a staunch supporter of our hard working police officers and their continued struggle against all that is filthy and different.

Runic_Wolf: Looks like Setsuka is deconfirmed and her moveset is given to alpha Pat. Are you gonna main alpha Pat?

Ah well. She had a reason for being around in SCIII (Mitsu), but she was just kind of... there in SCIV. Shame, she was a beautiful character.

But yes, it looks like I will be using Alpha Patroklos/Patsuka.

Do they have a reason storywise or other for Patroklos to suddenly overtake Setsuka's style? Seems a little too out of left field to not be a joke.

Well in the story he gets SC, so that more or less explains the moveset change. As to why he plays like Sets (and also Apprentice apparently) I have no idea.

Somewhere in the 17 years since SCIV, Setsuka was somehow carrying Soul Calibur, and it committed her form and style to memory. lol

I'm a little disappointed in Project Soul's lack of creativity in this decision if it's true. I would have at least wanted an upgraded costume for Pat at least. Now you potentially get two Patroklos' facing each other looking exactly the same aside from their weapons and style. Meh...

Edit: Nevermind, his costume does look a little different. But still!

Random question: Edge Master is essentially Charade from SCII right? A random select type character?

Thanks man, I'm glad to be part of the fam. I've actually been playing SCII for years, and entered tournaments a year or two after it first came out. I didn't play any other iteration for a long time until I tried SCIV a few months ago (with C_3 as a training partner), but the game was pretty dead due to SCV's imminent arrival. This series produced one of my favourite games of all time, so I'm happy that I'm finally able play and meet all you like-minded individuals. My main for the time being is Siggy because he reminds me so much of SCII Nightmare, one of my favourites alongside Kilik and Cassie.

Partisan, I remember catching a good set of you vs. Malek on YT a while back . You play Cassandra right?

Welcome Raynex! Glad we finally have a Siegfried player.

We used to have another Siegfried player a long time ago by the name of PyroZamfir. I wonder if he'll come back?

edit: Thanks Oof. We met at A and C if you remember...I was the black guy you were explaining Dampierre to on your PSP.

I have a question I'd like to ask people currently entrenched in competitive SC. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Siegfreid or Nightmare? I know of their major distinctions in moveset, but not much else. My knowledge pretty much = Nightmare is a tad simpler but arguably more effective, excels at rushing a character and breaking down defense directly as opposed to maneuvering around it or focusing on space control. Siegfried is more unsafe (frame-wise), but has more moves to deal with a variety of situations. He also has a few good quick interrupts which is something Nightmare lacks (I think?).

Is there any benefit to choosing one over the other, and is there anything I'm missing in my narrow analysis? help lol

Hmm...

SC5 seems to emphasize Siegs stance game more so than SC4 while still allowing him to poke and play at midrange. He has a lot of safe stance entries and can turn what used to be punishes into "reverse mixups". Unfortunately I haven't really seen a lot of creative Sieg stuff yet, so it's hard to comment on him overall.

Nightmare is a lot like his SC4 version but now has a lot of tools to prevent certain characters from shutting him down with little effort. His CE is a counter that auto-GIs all attacks (compliments his style a lot imo) and he has things like A+B (which is basically the same thing but on a lesser scale) and an improved backdash which helps his spacing game. Apparently his guard break game is really good too.

They are both solid choices at this point, so I'd just advise trying them out and seeing which one you end up liking more.

getting a Blo Toronto rivalry going again would be nice. Because you know we're already better than the rest of Canada, so we are in fact your best comp, close by :)

You already win in the sandwich department (thinking about whichwhich right now mmmm) so I will admit to that sadly :(

However as far as SC goes...lets wait until Feb ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back