Trying to incorporate 11A[A]

Psylocide

[09] Warrior
Hey all, fairly simple... i'm trying to incorporate 11A[A] into my game plan. I know it's pretty nasty... i27 and like -17 on block. Do any of you use this at all? I just love the animation and i don't see a whole lot of people pulling it out.

i use it all the time! if you look at my vids from the last monthly, i use it for an easy RO

I don't use it. I Love 11A, but I rarely ever use the second A. Most players I play against will usually wait until the time where you have to do the UB, so they can AA you inbetween (depending on their char).

It depends. Alot of people tend to just stare at the pretty colors if you charge it, however, if they're used to people using it, and will knock you out, you may wanna switch it up. 11AA deals pretty good damage itself. (If you are using it for damage, that is)

11A is very good, it evades back. but blockable on reaction, so use it to evade 2A etc.

11A is very good, it evades back. but blockable on reaction, so use it to evade 2A etc.

Nice tip... just damn near impossible to get the UB off. I don't even think you could use the first A for Oki and have time to get out the UB on wake-up(probably tech anyway)

Edit: Can you G-cancel the UB? That might lead to some cool options. I'm at work so i can't test

11A[A] is a favorable risk/reward situation against most characters, they are usually forced to use fast and weak interrupts to stop you, where you might get big damage from the UB.
11AA is only -14, which, again, is often only punishable by fast and weak attacks.
11A is also a pretty good option, as it's a low that leaves you at +2. I usually WR K from there which is +9 on hit, and on block it pushes back and is -2.

Heh... i've found that if you space them a bit and totally whiff the first A of 11A[A], a lot of players will either A.) Stand there and eat the unblockable or B.) Try to step it lol...

Otherwise higher level players will interrupt with a quick poke, but still seems like a lot of people eat that UB

11A is safe on block too. The big thing you have to worry about when using 11AA/11A[A] is does the opponent have an aGI move that beats both options? Also if opponent is smart and they dont have an easy button to beat both, they can still GI the 11AA which tends to be worse than the -14 punish. risk for GI = Risk for block here since you cant stop once you're in the air and produce some high damage whiff punisher.

With 11AA/11A[A], it seems as though some people fall for it when you start the flame sound and immediately release A to do the quick non-UB hit. Correct me if I'm wrong, but a simple mashed out 11AA has no flame sound, I believe. If you can train people to start guarding when they see slight flames and hear the UB, you should have a better mindgame with them for when you actually do finish the UB.

With 11AA/11A[A], it seems as though some people fall for it when you start the flame sound and immediately release A to do the quick non-UB hit. Correct me if I'm wrong, but a simple mashed out 11AA has no flame sound, I believe. If you can train people to start guarding when they see slight flames and hear the UB, you should have a better mindgame with them for when you actually do finish the UB.

The flame sound is good, but also if the first hit connected you can charge the A for a flaming visual all the way up until it turns into the UB(The point where she stops moving completely) and it will still be uninterruptable (Warning statement not tested against taki 2bA or iMCF)

That move always never works well against the Taki opponent I always play... even though I try sometimes to use it whenever he whiffs, he still manages to AA or 1BA214 me out of the air... I just stick with 11A or 11AA at the most.

I find that it works best if you whiff the first A from long range, sometimes your opponent is baited in and when you are charging the UB they will either try and step or attack, at that point you can release and catch a lot of people.

Best use for 11A[A] that I've found.

On hit no move in the game is fast enough to interrupt the second A. On block everyone has something.

not everyone, i think zasa and nightmare have to slow WR moves to do so. i was talking on block off course. with most chars it's limited to a WR B or K. most of the time not that extremely damaging. how much frames are there between the two attacks anyway? i couldn't find it at frame data.

Back