Trying to Warn You: A Comprehensive Ezio Guide

Hey Jimbo, I skimmed through some of this and its pretty good. There are a couple things you should definitely put though. JGs is the main thing. For example: vs Hilde, you don't list C3A. JG it and a free A+B(I think lol). It would help a lot since some things are JG punishable only. Another thing is that you listed 1BBB as a decent poke. If they JG the last hit on block(yes its possible. I've started doing this), you get punished vs anyone. Last thing, you put Damp's 623B as 236B. :)

Yeah, JGs is something I (THE WHOLE EZIO COMMUNITY ACTUALLY) should work on getting down. Next week when finals are over I can sit down and edit everything, add match up notes, and finish the crossbow section. I still think 1BBB is a great poke even with that information, the fact you can cut it short to one or two hits plays enough into the mindgame aspect I feel.

I'm working on videos to go along with each character but apparently I can't JG on camera. I don't perform well under pressure it seems.

Here's some anti-Raphael stuff (Brave Edge strats):

Prep BB BE (also applies to 6BB BE):
If the Raph player ever tries this as a block string against you, such as trying to deplete your soul gauge (It breaks in about 6 I believe and is -6 on block), or trying to catch you pressing a button, there's a couple of ways to deal with this attack (some are harder than others)

- If you have half a bar of meter (1 BE), you can GI the last hit and get a GI follow up of 1K, 4AB (for ring out) or A+B, 44B (for damage)

- You can (try) JG'ing the move but it's kinda hard to do in an actual match since you JG the rapid portion (it does it for you after the 1st hit) but have to time the last hit (which does the most damage and guard damage). If you succeed in JG'ing the string, you are at +27 and get a free A+B or whatever (you have the same advantage as a GI).

- You can also sidestep the last hit of the string to Raphael's Left Side and get either:
  • 66_33_99BB or BE version for (57 / 83) damage
  • 66_33_99A+B, followed by: 6K2, 44B, 66BB, 66BB BE or CE for ( 71 / 81 / 94 / 116 / 124 [136 with Clean Hit]) damage. 3B will whiff here. Also note the 66BB and 66BB BE must be input as soon as possible.
  • 1K, followed by: 44B, 6B, 6B BE for ( 61 / 46 [52 Clean hit] / 93 [99 105 with 1-2 Clean hits]) damage. 4AB doesn't work because the crossbow shot whiffs.
  • A+B, followed by: 6K2, 44B, CE for (69 / 79 / 122 [134 with clean hit]) damage.
  • 11A, followed by 1BBB into 44B / BB BE or just CE for ( 72-73 / 91 (98 with extra 2K) / 111 [123 with clean hit])
  • Overall, the 66A+B, A+B, and 1K punishes are the easiest to remember. 11A and 66A+B are to style against the opponent
Prep K BE:

Always remember to duck the second hit, as you always get a free whiff punish instead of wasting meter do GI him or attempt to JG the move.

If you JG the second hit, you're at +17, so you only get a CE, 6B, 3B, or 6B BE. (BB tends to whiff on occasion)

Ducking the second hit, you get: 6B, 6B BE, CE, WR BB, 1K with follow up for 1K for (28-30 [35-38 clean hit] / 71-80 [77-94 clean hit, depends on side hit or not] / 90 [105 clean hit] / 56 (44B follow up) 86 (6B BE follow up)) damage. Note that 6B will get a damage boost for hitting Raph on his side, while 1K has to be done near instantly from ducking, otherwise Raph can block in time (damn slow launcher).

Interesting find: Surprisingly, A+B will interrupt the second hit of Prep K BE clean because of the TC frames, getting you 79 damage with 44B follow up, 69 with 6K2 follow up, or 122 [134 with Clean hit] with CE follow up.

33_99K BE:

There's only 2 things you can do here: You can try and JG it to get a free A+B, 1K, 44K (you're at +25), but it's harder to do in an real match, or you can anticipate the move and do a 11_77B in anticipation and get a 6K2 afterwards for 85 damage or a 44B followup for 94 damage.

I'll look into extra strategies against other opponents, but I'll probably look into common opponents first (such as Nightmare/Siegfried)

Nice stuff! Yesterday I personally just started tuning up the MU section of the guide with a more detailed string evasion guide for each MU. Hopefully I can get little match synopses for everyone in the vein for what I have for Patroklos.

I'm starting to see some lovely hidden uses for A+B. I figure I'll test out the move's interrupting skills vs the whole cast and either make a separate thread, or make several posts here.

What do you think?

Do what you want FD.

Jim, I read what you put in the Pat part of the guide and I need to tell ya, Pat's 3B is weird at tip range in that you have to buffer your punish and it will still sometimes whiff.

This may take me a bit of time, but I should have a healthy list of general interrupts with A+B and potential follow ups with damage values.

Hey guys, I have cleaned up the match up section considerably and have stuff like ducking, stepping and some vital JG's for respective match ups. The character anti is pretty much done, just have to finish up the Natsu stance defense guide and Raph's stance defense guide, take a look, you'll find some interesting things.

Back