Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3

Deadpool hasn't really been explored much. Right now people are just fixating on characters with huge damage output, more technical characters that focus on chipping and spacing will need more time.

I'm still pushin that this game needs to lower the damage outputs though. Some characters are just ridiculous with two 1 meter combos netting kills and gaining 3+ meter AND having great reset options. Akuma/Wolverine/Wesker ROYALLY piss me off for those reasons. You can't just nerf them though cuz thats their selling point, so I'd rather just do a blanket damage nerf and maybe reduce all damage by 20-30%.

X-factor lvl 3 needs some tweaking for sure, some characters are just ridiculous with it.

Can someone explain how the rank system works? I am 6th lord right now but I've seen scouts, rangers, and judges. My question is how do you become get another title? Also what does it mean by stability? I be confused.

I'm pretty sure the ranking system is like TvC, where you get a ranking depending on your 'playstyle'. The different playstyles? I dunno, but it more than likely goes by how 'stats'.

Stability = winning a lot. No matter how your play style is, if you win a lot your stability will be the highest and you will be a lord. You want lord

Ranger/Scout = offensive geared play style of someone who doesn't win enough to be a lord

judge/the other one (i forgot the name) = defensive geared play style of someone who doesn't win enough to be a lord

Advanced/basic offense/defense determine if your a ranger or scout and the same goes with advanced/basic defense.

I had to look deep into the SRK MvC3 forum to find this.

Lol another change of team yet again, but this time I'm confidant. Before I was just harassing the spacing, but I realized my damage out put was far too low in combos and not netting enough meter. So I'm going with:

Dorm(portal)/Dante(jam)/Task(horizontal)

The idea is that Dante lets Dorm continue combos anywhere on screen, DHC's well with both, acts as a GTFO for dorm, acts as a pillar to back peddle behind while you chip, and is a safe DHC (demom). Task is used like a beam character for teleport cross ups, can lengthen corner combos for Dorm, and is a strong anchor and can cover any bad hyper with an appropriate DHC. I lose the constant push back and lock down, but the damage and cross up shenanigans makes me much scarier with constant meter and 800k 1-meter combos.

Having my internet provider hopefully fix my shitty connection tomorrow and ill be asking for online games. My Dorm is VERY strong, my Task is average...and my Dante's a tard lol (picked him up yesterday)

Also side note...fuck Wesker. I have no idea how to deal with his shit.

What I've noticed with wesker is you HAVE to keep the pressure on him and not give him space to do his teleport shenanigans. Once you give him room to gun ya or teleport its GG's thanks for playing, the fact that he can build up meter and get high damage out is no joke.

IFB I don't see how you can have Dorm out as your point character seeing as he needs that meter to do real damage, if you face someone with a good beam or even a beam assist then your in for trouble with Dorm. When I play against people with Hulk and they have Dorm I just Gamma wave the hell out of them and use my Sent assist non stop, they can't attack I can just play dashing mind games and if they put a hole in the wrong place I'm in. Though I may just be playing scrubby Dorm's (minus SHINS Dorm) who don't know what to do with Dorm. IFB play me one of these days since playing random people online isn't that much fun since they never know how to handle my team.

Psn: Juece

IFB I would say to change the order of your roster, put dante as the point char and keep Dorm as second, or third if you're really confident with him. I mean I've tried to use dorm as my point char, but it isn't working well, so I switched places with sentinel as my point character and it works out most of the time, ususally I like to develop strategies as any one of my characters could be point or anchor for my team and work around that.

Yeah I'm still pushing around the order. Right now My Dorm is VERY solid, but my Dante is lacking and Taskmaster I'm still cleaning up things (but i can use him). I thought about Dante on point, but Dorm NEEDS Dante as an assist and if I lose Dante, I lose a lot of damage out put with Dorm. Secondly Dorm on point is very hard to get in with this team. I can create perpendicular lock outs with both assist. I can call Taskmaster and do teleport cross up, drop a pillar to stop jump over, do a jump portal, or wait and tag on a follow up chip. With Dante I can do a finger shot, a M or H pillar, portal, teleport if close, or just hide behind it and build stock. Dante is really useful in catching jump overs when i use portals and finger shot. As well advance guard then fire carpet + dante is very good GTFO tech.

Only concerns I have about team order:
  • Dante is needed to back up Dorm for combo
  • Dorm flame -> DHC -> Dante means you need to stop it early before the "pop" at the end
  • Taskmaster Hyper often requires stopping early for most DHCs and even the can drop it in some cases
  • Taskmaster and Dante can both fight well on their own, but Dante benefits more from Task assist with teleport.
  • Dorm offers little as an assist.
  • Dante and Task build meter well, but Dorm only when he has assist combos.
  • Dorm can extend corner combos better with Taskmaster assist than Dante
  • Dorm benefits the most from both assists.
As of now people playing me have a serious issue beating my Dorm. I find him to be an amazing point character, but you HAVE to respect his safety issues on whiffs. This team does a good job covering gaps and making it very hard to get in without being hit. Wesker is really the only issue I have and I've learned i need to respect Deadpool teleport as well. Drom and Dante teleport is easy to counter though (jump grab then combo!).

Ironman is also another consideration for the team but I find his combos very awkward to confirm. Also Taskmasters assist is better for damage since it's less hits and is safer since it recovers so fast. IM does more damage with lvl 1 and has a nice lvl 3, but Taskmaster has the ability to direct arrows to cover whiffs (valuable with Dante hyper), and can be tricky with the counter.

Now if i could just make it so my Dante wasn't so free >_<

What assists? And there's no noob questions with teams. There's a lot to test out and directions to run with. What's your gameplan and we can analyze the holes in it. I assume you're using Morrigan meter assist to abuse the buff hypers, Zero projectile, and not sure which felicia one (something that will help zero combo after OTG dive would be best). It has potential.

Felicia has amazing rush down, but has issues getting in and needs meter - so you want an assist that will help her get in and maybe one to stay in and keep pressure

Zero has high priority and can zone, but has weak damage output so you want something to help his combos extend and an assist to keep pressure

Morrigan is a good battery assist and good for harassing with projectile spam and dive kicks, but chews up meter as well.

My issues is this team is incredibly meter hungry, and you may be best using a battery character that doesn't need it. Chun-li would be great in place of morrigan. She's an excellent battery, great pressure assist for felicia and zero, and DHC's well. She also works to extend Zero combos.

I'm not to savvy on felicia and my morrigan is weak so i dunno. I might be missing something. With Zero and Felicia I would put all my interest in constant pressure and ways to get in and I feel Morrigan doesn't aid that. I also question DHC potential and over all damage output when you do hit confirm. It matters who's on point and what assist though. I can see issues with one character on point and the assist not helping, and then flipped the other way.

Many thanks for answering. Here's what I'm trying to do: support my character Felicia. I heard Zero was a good choice to support character so decided to stick with him after seeing Felicia's Dancing Flash into Zero's Rekkoha in a vid. But I never knew Chun-li would help I might try her out to see how she can fit into my team.

If zero can help felicia keep corner pressure and felicia can help zero keep pressure you have room to be free in your 3rd character. I wish i knew more about felicia beyond the fact her kitty helper pressure is incredible. I dont know if she needs help extending combos and if zero is a good enough assist to help her get in from afar.

If I just randomly picked a team though I would go Zero (projectile), Felicia (?), then some lock down assist (Akuma, Dante, Ryu, chun-li, Doom rocks, Sentinel, Wolverine would be my tops picks). You really want to keep corner pressure and use your hypers to access their buffs, but you also want to make sure your assists will extend combos if needed so you're building enough meter. I would hyper Zero, then tag him out and put felicia on point and he'll probably be more than enough to get felicia in, and from there you just want a pressure assist so you can keep going for mix ups.

Deadpool (y), Wesker (y), Magneto (a). How well does this team synergize? And any tips on using Magneto? I pretty much just spam Disruptor and spam L whenever they jump in.

I see that as a weird team but with good keep away possibility, I think dead pool is the weak link in that team. Magneto can play zoning and rush down really well and wesker is just a great character overall, but deadpool with those 2 doesn't seem to fit I mean does his hyper mesh well with weskers and mags hyper?

Deadpool's works great with Weskers...not sure bout Magneto. Should work in some ways but not in all. i can see magneto assist helping deadpool, but i dont know how wesker helps him. I think Deadpool and magneto both max their combos on their own really well, and im not a big fan of DHCing to wesker cuz the damage is so low by then. With deadpool you want to control space, so a beam is good, maybe some anti air, lock down, or GTFO.

Could be wrong. Wesker's ALWAYS a good character though. He kind of carries himself and beams/projectile assists always just make him better.

I basically just picked them because I liked them the most out of the roster. I used to have Haggar in place of Magneto, but I wasn't doing so hot with him. I'm trying to retroactively figure out the best way to have them work with each other, as opposed to choosing characters based on their synergy with each other.

In my limited experience, Wesker works amazingly with both Magneto and Deadpool, Deadpool does well with Magneto and okay with Wesker, and if Magneto is out I'm probably about to lose the match.

I see that as a weird team

If I got the DLC I wanted, I'd be taking Magneto out and having Dan Hibiki on point.

If you like the team then go for it, but you should work on magnet since he is a great character and having him out shouldn't mean losing. About the dan thing, if he was in the game I would be playing Joe, Dan, and deadpool for the sheer lawlz.

Sometimes it's a play style thing :/ Doom works well in a LOT of my teams, but Im terrible with using him unless it's keep away (lvl 3 214A spam...lawl). Same with iron man. So unless they're essential i wont use them and I'll hunt for characters that can mimic the assist or DHC need. I dont want to use dante, but I need his assist so im learning him.

Many thanks for answering. Here's what I'm trying to do: support my character Felicia. I heard Zero was a good choice to support character so decided to stick with him after seeing Felicia's Dancing Flash into Zero's Rekkoha in a vid. But I never knew Chun-li would help I might try her out to see how she can fit into my team.
I think felicia's best assist is her alpha assist, rolling buckler. It hits low and can potentially start up some unblockable combos and shit
Chun li's lightning legs, imo, are her best assist. Chun li is a great rushdown char.

Back