Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3

Struggling with this game's odd control scheme, my own inability to properly use a stick yet (getting better though), and just adjusting to the game mechanics in general are proving difficult. As was said earlier, timing changes throw people off on the mission mode combos. A little word of advice, if you can't connect on something, you probably need to delay jumps, hits or whatever to make them connect, try varying the timing.

Dormammu as a character is a bit more complicated and awkward to get used to than i originally thought. It really is essential that you fully understand the different ranges of his Darkholes and Purifications. I'm really bad with that so far because of the confusing controls. I just have them coming up in totally random places still and because i'm still having such an issue with that, i haven't even begun using teleports or his potc/potd yet.

However, the good news is Trish's Peekaboo is soooo amazing with him. I would have to say it may be hands down the best assist for Dorm. It basically removes Dormammu's greatest weakness. Only way they can get around it is with beams and teleports it seems. And although i haven't really spent much time using her, she seems a lot easier to get used to than Dorm at least, so that will be good down the road.

Right now, i'm trying to figure out a third teamate. I've been rolling with Morrigan so far, but she seems to not mesh very well with the team. I like her for sure, but i might need to use her in a group without Dorm. I find her Shadow Blade an inferrior choice to Peekaboo, her Soul Fist is nothing special either. So i guess her meter builder might be worth looking at but i also think i need something to lock down that mid to long range, such as Amaterasu Cold Star perhaps?

Definitely having a lot of fun with the game though, just gonna have to be patient and really focus on the basics.

Ugh this lag is killing me. Feels like all but 2 losses are lag related. Just had a match where i was juggling 2 of their characters going for the kill on both. game lags just as i call my OTG assist, i drop combo and the asshole xfactors and kills them both instead....FUUUUCK. Is there any way to tell if the connection is good before entering. This is more frustrating than SC4 online! One lag drop and I'm getting fucked raw.

I had lag problems on perhaps 1 to 2 matches, but damn was it laggy as fuck! I couldn't even guard, instead my character stood there and ate up a lv3 hyper. I got revenge though, I got a perfect on the other guy back, all with Taskmaster.

He took out his assist before launching my hyper combo and BAM! They both ate that shit up, repeat process twice more ( he called for his other assist and I got a double-kill at the end >:D ) and I won!!

i haven't really had lag issues at all, just connection issues. my biggest issue at this point is variety. i have absolutely zero interest in playing a game where 90% of everybody uses the same characters.

12 hours deep and i STILL haven't fought against half of the cast. it is really really sad. i feel like the whole of psn is picking hilde and labyrinth every single match. sure, you can beat it, but it's no fun, so why even bother?

And, yeah, other than that, you've gotta give people time to play the game; scrubs and the fighting game sheeps are all going to flock to whoever someone says is good or who gets them easy wins. The best thing you can do at this point is just learn how to win with whoever you play!

But, yeah, I got online last night and couldn't even hit any of Felicia's combos. =(

Mine always has some lag and it leads to me missing a lot of OTGs and special/hyper cancels. X-23s air dive kick has failed to come out on so many moments where I was going to get a kill it's not even funny. It's not even a strict timing, it just fails to get the j.H or doesn't come out. IT also makes it impossible to use Taskmaster counters on reaction.

Surprisingly I've fought a ton of variety with only Wesker and Dante being seen too often. Only a few sentinals...and yeah that lvl 3...wtf.

I need to get off my damn wireless connection (next week). Are you guys playing on xbox? maybe thats why you have better connection.

360 controller makes a better connection than PSN worthless. Yea, you can pull the moves better with better timing, but holy fuck is the D-Pad jacked up for this game. The game has a tight level of directional control, to tight for the 360 d-pad to handle on any level.

dude idk if it's only me... but MvC3 is getting kind of boring... idk, I think SC4 has a greater spark, something that makes you go back to it, I'm even thinking about selling MvC3 =/

ridley...keep it. i'm holding on to my MvC3 for the same reason i still have SSF4 (which i never ever play); because i often have non gamer friends over and they like to play as well. everyone can throw a fireball and feel good about it. don't get down because you are losing to people from here...remember how long it took you to stand on your own in sc4 against these guys?

most people here are not very casual players. if you wish to remain one, then treat the game as such. don't sell it though! as much as i hate playing people online and getting my ass handed to me, this has got to be one of the best offline scrub party games ever.

bah... I guess you're right -_- *pouts* but i still think SC4 is better... well at least until number 5 comes out >=)

It's like how people drool over SC2, but compared to SC4 it doesn't stand the test of time. SC2 was probably more well received in it's time, but SC4 is simply a more fun game with greater depth.

MvC3 will be getting patched I suspect march 15th with the DLC unlock. 2 infinites have been found and people are making x-factor-less 100% combos with only 1-3 meter. As well a lot of these combos meet their corner only requirement by carrying them pretty far horizontally before needing to do the necessary OTG relaunch shenanigans.

As for sentinal other characters can do the damage he does, they just have to put more effort into maxing out the combo damage. The bitch with sentinal is he only needs a few hits to get the damage, but really anyone can turn an L attack into sentinal damage if they keep the combo active...I know C.Viper sure can (1meter 100% combo wtf?!?)!

Back