Under-used moves

Who gets hit by Cervy's 2B+K quake stun?

Oh also, nice necro post man.
People on wake up.
And thanks, it's a good thread and I legitimately had a technique to share with one of Cervantes under-used moves, and there this thread was, sitting there.
6B BE is not hitconfirmable. You can confirm the BE on Hit, but then the BE followup can be blocked by the opponent. If you slightly delay the BE to try a hitconfirm this move is not a natural hit combo anymore. Only a 6B BE slide input is a NH.

If it was Hit confirmable it would be awesome. Its good to punish some lows etc though, massive damage.

Please check again, im pretty sure about this but maybe you can crosscheck.

Just did some more tests.

1. "Guard Second Hit" in Training mode is broken and unreliable. Use Action 1: Stand, Action 2: Guard All instead.
2. If the 6B stab is a Normal Hit, the GDR afterwards is only a combo if you do the sliding non-confirmable version. Delay it and they can guard.
3. If the second hit is a Counter Hit, you can comfirm a guaranteed Brave Edge. Press A+B+K soon after the Counter Hit connects, though, if you delay it too long, you will get Sail Nautilus instead, the double stab.

Watch your opponent when the stab connects. Yellow sparks = Normal Hit. Red flash = Counter Hit.

I knew there must be a reason it's listed in the move list as :6::B:,:A+B+K:
rather than :6::bA+B+K: like other Brave Edges.

6B BE is not hitconfirmable. You can confirm the BE on Hit, but then the BE followup can be blocked by the opponent. If you slightly delay the BE to try a hitconfirm this move is not a natural hit combo anymore. Only a 6B BE slide input is a NH.

If it was Hit confirmable it would be awesome. Its good to punish some lows etc though, massive damage.

Please check again, im pretty sure about this but maybe you can crosscheck.

I just played around with 6B BE and it looks like it's CH confirmable

6B BE is CH confirmable. But as Docvizzo said it is not NH confirmable. On NH the only way it will combo is if it is done immediately.

6B BE is CH confirmable. But as Docvizzo said it is not NH confirmable. On NH the only way it will combo is if it is done immediately.

Better than nothing though I suppose. Not too hard to whiff punish or CH confirm with it though, so a pretty decent move.
If only it was i18.....

Right now, I would only use it to Guard Burst as the iGDR followup deals standard dmg (Dmg of normal GDR not iGDR which is 37, 7 more than iGDR's).

If used outside of that it might be risky as some people might react to it and JG/GI/etc it and punish it on reaction.

Also I think if you land both hits it really dampen the dmg of the followups in the combo. But not sure as I haven't tested it. I might today though. But if that proves to be true then we should stick with iGDR/4B BE's only unless we are in the aforementioned situation.

Another neat thing, and, I might test this today for sure. If the followup has all properties of a normal GDR then that would mean the CE 9B+K tech trap setup should be applicable after the second iGDR same as GDR, iGDR, CE, 9B+K. And that would make the move for the first time valuable in our arsenals. As it opens doors to land the normal GDR which we all know it hits harder than iGDR but landing it is just plain stupid lol.

6B BE (Second hit hits after GB), iGDR, CE, 9B+K...

I'll post the results later.

I don't know if it is underused or not, but something the piratecast taught me was that a 1B+K cancel puts you in backturned for a BT B+K which can lead to lots of damage and is safe otherwise.

^ Yeah that was one of the first little tactics people learned when this game came out. Nice for mixing up between that and grabs or step killers.

I didn't read all of the forum so if someone posted something similar to this then tell me and I'll delete this.

But that aside I found that he has a good kick mix up game.

You use 2K when you think your opponent will guard high, and you use 3K when they guard low. Also if you think your opponent will guard it then you can use 3K:B+K to get them off guard and make them think if they should attack after normal 3K.

Back