US Government Shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norik

[14] Master
aka: Bunch of salty scrubs are mad because Obamacare OP.

Discuss.

PS: LOL @ Fox News calling it a "slimdown."

o-FOX-NEWS-SLIM-570.jpg

All I gotta say is THANK GOD there are people on the other side of the fence that will fight Obama, and Obama care, and all the nonsensical bullshit he tries to pass.

Obama: "Let's cut military spending and give it to the teachers union! Oh, did I mention the military endorsed Mitt Romney and the Teacher's Union is one of my biggest supporters? Yep... Yep... no favoritism there...."

EDIT: Lol @ Unions claiming they'll fight for "back pay" when the average government union worker (like for the department of transportation) makes around $180,000 - $210,000 per year on the tax payers dollar. Go figure they'll want their precious "back pay". -__-;;

These shut downs are great.

Not only does it cost an obscene amount of money, (government workers ultimately get paid for sitting at home doing nothing) it makes the Reps look like fools every single time.

The last "slim down" by by Newt wasted 80 million in tax dollars.

All I gotta say is stuff.

They fought for a full fucking year. Ultimately after gutting the original proposal, they "lost"(though considering the shape Obamacare arrived in its hard to say that happened definitively). I'm sorry but the time to "fight" has passed, they failed in the legislature, that does not mean they get to hold the budget hostage. This should not be veiwed as an admirable struggle but as a failure to compromise and govern, which last time I checked was their entire job. But these failures are becoming more and more routine, just look at the "special bipartisan commitee". The most ridiculous thing is the "carrot" they're dangling. "Delay Obamacare for a year and we'll let you have your funding then." Yeah right, like that'll happen. The most telling thing of all however is that most people aren't even concerned over the "government shutdown", they're more concerned over the end of Breaking Bad.

Last edited:
All I gotta say is THANK GOD there are people on the other side of the fence that will fight Obama, and Obama care, and all the nonsensical bullshit he tries to pass.
And this, my friends, is why America is seen as shit by the international community.

Everyone else in the first world gets the healthcare they are entitled to by right. This includes even countries like Brazil, and India. But in America? It's seen as "nonsensical bullshit." Good job falling for their propaganda.

And never mind the fact that it costs millions of dollars to us taxpayers and we have no say on the matter, except of course for being forced to pay for this insanity; or the fact that the hundreds (if not thousands) of people directly and indirectly employed by the government, ranging from museum workers to NASA researchers, have to stop their jobs for an indefinite amount of time. Yeah, fuck those people, the economy, our international reputation, and the taxpayers; gotta fight Obama's nonsensical liberal bullshit or we'll be doomed to become a communist muslim country!

ಠ_ಠ

At least Ishimaru Jinrai is consistent.

Be careful. He might think thats a compliment. Then he will tell you exactly what you are valued as a person in this world based on your youtube subscribers.

*duck for incoming shit storm*

The government will be up by the end of the week. Then we can all go back to watching them do nothing. Kinda like what they are doing now. So to me there is no difference between government shutdown and government active.

In the UK we have a free healthcare service called the NHS (National Health Service) which is paid for out of our taxes.
If the US government shuts down, do the British get to resume colonial control?

If so, Please do. Can you bring some less shitty tea over this time? You know, something good enough that we don't have to dump it into a harbor in protest?

If the US government shuts down, do the British get to resume colonial control?

If so, Please do. Can you bring some less shitty tea over this time? You know, something good enough that we don't have to dump it into a harbor in protest?
lol if that happens I don't think it's Britain that would take control of the US.

I don't like tea so sorry about that.

I don't like tea or coffee, they are grown up drinks that taste like shit.

Fucking hate politics though, just cunts that are taught to pretend to be good leaders instead of actually being one. Ohh look how persuasive you are, very impressive now fuck off pls.

Apparently this could go on for weeks.

I'm really hoping Republicans are not this fucking stupid. If this goes on beyond October 17th, they can't raise the debt ceiling. The world economy would collapse in an instant. All because ZOMG STAHP OBAMUH HE DA ANTICHRIST.

Thing is, with the debt ceiling debate coming up, this current government shutdown may lead to that possible shutdown, which would mean a lot of people screwed for many months to come. Let's hope it doesn't come to that..

I'm still trying to find out if Women, Infants, and Children (W.I.C) is affected by this. Googling seems to not come up with good answers, and CNN, BBC, Don't really talk about that.

I'm still trying to find out if Women, Infants, and Children (W.I.C) is affected by this. Googling seems to not come up with good answers, and CNN, BBC, Don't really talk about that.
Well, the website is down, so there's that.

Also, CCN and BBC? Mainstream media is shit, they won't talk about things that actually matter to us.

This board has a lot of Sony fan boys in it (AKA Xbox One trolls) but don't tell me we have Obama supporters here ALSO.....

Not that it matters, I could write a massive, multi-paragraph post regarding all the negative effects of Obama Care and how it barely sneaked by the supreme court with a 5 against 4 victory, will make it so regular Americans can't get 29+ hours of work a week, and why young healthy people will have to pay more for medical insurance and old, sick people who smoke pay less.

Of course this board is saturated with morons like Hot Rod dave, but now there are Obama supporters here too?

Lol, not that anything in this topic that 20 people at maximum will read matters. With that said, I feel assured that the same morons who claimed PS4 had "free to play" online, and Watch Dogs was a PS4 exclusive are now discussing Obama Care? LOL!!

Last edited:
Idiot rant about delaying Obama Care

Obama Care never should have been passed in the first place. Romeny was going to repeal Obama Care, it barely got passed by the House of Representatives, and it was upheld by the supreme court by a split decision 5 to 4 victory.

Obama Care is crap, you're average premium for standardized insurance will be around $200 a month. If you defend Obama Care you're either a Leftest Liberal, or just plain stupid. (Usually those two are roughly the same.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back