Use for A+K?

Codemaster92163

[09] Warrior
Hey peoples. Im not new to Yoshi, but im really curious about something. A+K seems like the most useless parry to me, and I have never, NEVER, found a use for it. Im hoping someone knows when is a good time to use it, or if it can be used for anything other than the stun and AI. Again, all help is appreciated.

It used to be so amazing in SC2. =( Now not so much. I listed some uses in the Stance Evasion Study. Probably the only time I would consider using it right now is aginst Taki's Wind Roll and 3KK series.

A+K kills all of Taki's Wind Roll options except Wind Roll Side and Wind Roll Back. A+K also will result in a hit on the last K of her 3KKK series, her BAK series, and her BK series. Free 3B after.

After Zas pulls you in with 6AB for example, I use A+K to kill any of his B+K setups... easy to predict, just don't become too acustomed with it...
A+K will ruin Maxi's 44AB before B hits... and Zas's 4BA before the A etc... I have trouble dropping my block and parrying the attacks... thats just online...

I think we should have a little bit of information as to what this move cancels out. Ive seen it work in certain situations, so il share sometimes I know when to use it now (which si still rarely)

Amy's 236( ) anything there will result in her taking the damage from A+K.
Amy's 1KA or 3KA or something like that...using this move after the K will result in them taking damage as well.

A+K is useful vs Maxi....that's probably the only character where you can use it a lot. Maybe Maxi and Taki probably.

Hmm, would A+K work against the K follow-ups to Siegfried's 3.
I don't have the game so I can't test these things very often.

^against sigs K's after his 3 you can actually punish him with 6K2K. Frames are screwy there but it works (at least for me online, and im assuming thats what your talking about)

I use that a lot... but haven`t really studied it... You may find something useful in my fights with Fhowarang in youtube... My profiles is vegasan9

^against sigs K's after his 3 you can actually punish him with 6K2K. Frames are screwy there but it works (at least for me online, and im assuming thats what your talking about)

Sieg can 3{B} and you can A+K the follow-up K, but that's risky.

You cannot punish him with 6K2K, because he can just spam a single K until you learn you can't interrupt him.
If you want to discuss on-line tactics, go make an on-line tactics thread. Keep these clean for people who want to play off-line.

Amy3BA , A+K inbetween.

Too bad FLE is better. Nice to know, though.

Hey one use i have found for A+K is vs nightmare. When he grim strides you you do the ak and he gets stunned then i follow up with DNK. I definately will start testing more always wanting to improve my yoshi more with fancy moves.

also with nightmare;
if you're to the right of nightmare (2P position), you can run up to him and A+K and it'll stun him. it only works from the right side, most likely because his big hand is so far out infront of him from here.

Mmm... Looks like it hasn´t been posted, tough it´s on my two videos... A+K kills sophi´s 11AA_[A], no matter if the first hit land u, A+K will stop the second one.
And the other really useful thing, is against LM WS KKK... it will interrupt the second one giving u a free earslicer and 66B.

which attacks does it work on. id assume mid and high but i just wanna ask anyway so i dont get punished for using it at a stupid time

You can also interrupt any of Amy's attacks when she does that little high crush twirl thing that moves in towards you. 236 I think it is. Also you can punish nightmare's grimstride and other attacks that I cannot remember from the top of my head right now.

Back