Vader video thread

xosra

[08] Mercenary
I am making this so we can collect up some vader vids for people to see. I have 4 that i will add to this post when they finish downloading. I hope some vader players contribute.

Hahaha. I watched my recordings and noticed my excessive talking so i am gonna record a new patch with the new skills i learned.
Strangely FF wont stream the second so it needs to be downloaded to watch. It is the better one IMO
http://files.filefront.com/02+Vader+vs+NightmareAVI/;13313749;/fileinfo.html

Here are all my vids from the recent Toronto tournament. Enjoy!

Grand Finals

Toronto vs Buffalo Team Battle (5v5, Ironman)

(batteries died near the end of this match)

Money Match

(Best of 3, $10)

Ahahaha...I loved the OTG 4A+B -> A+B -> Jump K RO combo. *Vader launches Lizzy incredibly high into the air with the power of the force then does a wimpy looking skipping kick to make him flop over the edge*. I swear, Vader's visuals have to be the most redeeming factor of playing him.

OOF, maybe the right situation never presented itself, but how come you decided not to step that much?

also, did you prefer using aGI B just for the wakeup opportunities, instead of the A's guaranteed dmg?

I didn't really feel the need to step much, since I was playing Vader pretty aggressively. And I usually prefer using the aGI A for damage, and I save the B for wall splats/RO/or if I'm low on force. So if you see me do it and it's not because of any of those three reasons, then I do it because I didn't have time to look at my force meter to see if I'm low, so I do the aGI B just in case.

I was a little skeptical about you saying Vader is the RO king in another thread OOF, but you completely changed my mind XD The best part is you didn't RO with 1 Palpatine throw. True pro indeed.

Hello, i got a couple of vids capped from last weeks B.O.N.E(Best Of New England)tourney in MA. @ Game Universe..

Myself(Vader) vs Jian(Sieg) in the grand finals, went round robin format except for finals which was best 4/7, enjoy :)

game 1 finals
game 2 finals

i went undefeated the whole way in the brackets and i got my revenge on g0ofus earlier on in the tourney(too bad those weren't recorded because it was a slaughter!!.heheh) , had a completely different game going on from what you will see in the finals... but i generally play that way against characters like Sieg anyways, just not a good match up for Sieg.

Though i wish a lot more was recorded but the venue manager was really busy that day so he was able to cap the finals at the very least.. so thank you Jamie!!

feedback & criticism welcome.

Nice vids, JustKill. I noticed right away that your Vader is similar to mine with the combos and setups.

Although, Jian (like most people) seemed pretty inexperienced in this matchup. He let you get away with waaaay too many 1BA on block, where he should have been ducking the A and punishing with wr . Or something even easier would be to do 3 after blocking the 1B, which would tech crouch the A and punish. Since he didn't do anything about it you had it pretty easy when it came to applying pressure with that move.

OOF...

thanks man :) ....i was messing up a couple of things and figured pretty much right away that he was weak to reacting to 1b~a anyways so i capitalized on that weakness..he played well on his part even though not knowing about the match up , and i had to adapt a bit to the way he was using sieg with his easy stance range moves/throws.. and stop him before getting mostly anything sieg has for offense while i was in range for it(which is another reason why i used it the way i did).... for the players that know to duck... i know what to do at that point..

... though earlier in the tourney i was playing completely different vs all my opponents, but to be honest about the finals.. i did loosen up my game up a bit because it was sieg and i really didn't have to use a lot..he only has so few moves that are truly safe against Vader i.e. blocked moves ..and those moves are VERY easy to see followed by stepping~punish or react to by attack interruption because it takes a while for them(sieg's attacks) to execute through frames.

I'm going to try and see about getting some vids scrapped up possibly?;.. somehow in the near future if i can, of myself and probably g0ofus, if he gets his camera running we might be able to get a few capped.

They were both very good, but I felt the vader had some wasted opportunities, especially on the pick ups. Though I assume the re-JI must have been frustrating as hell...

Back