Viola Combo & Tech Trap Discussion

So I'm going to post this here, as it's what I've found. If you don't want it here, you can move it to the video thread panther:

Transcription:

W/O 4B 66A+BB
N/O 3B AAB 9K 2A+B
N/O 3B AAB 9K 2B+K (BE) B+K 2A+B
N/O 22B (BE) 1B 3B AAB 9K 2A+B
N/O 22B (BE) 1B 3B AAB 9K 2B+K (BE) B+K 2A+B
N/O 4B 2B+K (BE) B+K 6A+B 2B+K (BE) B+K 2A+B
N/O 4B 2B+K (BE) AAB 9K 2A+B
N/O 4B 2B+K (BE) AAB 9K 2B+K (BE) B+K 2A+B
N/O 4B 2B+K (BE) B+K 6A+B 2B+K (BE) AAB 9K 2A+B
N/O 4B 2B+K (BE) B+K 6A+B 2B+K (BE) B+K 6A+B 2B+K (BE) B+K 6A+B
N/O 44A (BE) 33(B) AAB 9K 2A+B
N/O 44A (BE) 33(B) AAB 9K 2B+K (BE) B+K 2A+B
N/O A+G 9A+BB

@Panther so the Brave edge you would use in that combo is one that was kA+B+K ?

No, it was 2b+k(A+B+K). In other words, the BE was for 2B+K. K has no BE.

Neither does 6A+B > 2B+K (BE). I'm positive that 2B and 2K are the only guaranteed moves after the 6A+B knockdown.

Not testing, but I am pretty sure as well what you said is right. 2B would be better for more damage, and goes into FC. I am not that fond of her WS game but since you are close enough, you could mix up a bit with that.

N/Orb A+G, 8A+B - Good for ROs, even with breakable walls.

This combo is do'able? I thought only 4K was guaranteed after N/Orb A-throw.

Destin: Post it again in the video thread just for reference's sake. Thanks.

Yep, I actually found 8A+B after A+G before I knew about 4K. :( I kept looking for other moves, found none that were really comparable in damage. If anyone else can find something let me know.

Alright, since most people have a hard time finding combos W/ORB, here is everything I could find that doesn't use meter:

(NOTE: These combos were tested with every combination of Air Control and Ukemi, and with the second action as Guard After First Hit)

3B > A,A= 30 DMG
3B > B,B= 35 DMG
3B > 2B= 30 DMG
3B > 6A+B= 22 DMG
3B > 6A+B > 2B= 33 DMG

4B > 11_44_77K= 37 DMG
4B > 2B= 41 DMG
4B > 2A+B= 43 DMG
4B > 33_66_99A+B,B= 44 DMG

1A+B > 2B= 35 DMG

9A+B (Second hit only) > 2K= 31 DMG

33_99B > B,B= 40 DMG
33_99B > A,A= 34 DMG
33_99B > 2B= 36 DMG
33_99B > 6B+K(2 Hits)= 35 DMG
33_99B > 66A+B,B= 48 DMG
33_99B > 6A+B (2 Hits)= 36 DMG
33_99B > 6A+B (Last hit only)= 27 DMG
33_99B > 6A+B > 2B= 38 DMG
33_99B > 44B= 40 DMG
33_99B > 9A+B= 48 DMG
33_99 > 44B > 2B= 70 DMG

22_88A+B > 66A+B,B= 68 DMG

CH 66B > 2K= 45 DMG

CH 3A > 2B= 25 DMG
CH 3A > 66A+B,B= 42 DMG

CH 11_44_77A > B,B= 42 DMG
CH 11_44_77A > 2B= 34 DMG
CH 11_44_77A > 2A+B= 34 DMG
CH 11_44_77A > 66A+B,B= 35 DMG

CH Rising B > 2B= 35 DMG
CH Rising B > 2A+B= 42 DMG
CH Rising B > 66A+B,B= 44 DMG

CH Rising K > 2K= 41 DMG
CH Rising K > 3K= 45 DMG
CH Rising K > 2B= 46 DMG
CH Rising K > B,B= 54 DMG

Running K > 2B= 41 DMG

heres a pretty good damaging W/O......

3B, 6A+B, 2B+K (BE) ~66~ A,A,B, 9K, 2A+B ....does about 71 damage, what makes this combo great is that its off of violas 3B launcher W/Orb.......

Can we call this the "Artilust" ??? Rotfl. I'd love to get credit for this.

9B as opposed to 9K keeps them closer to you for mindgames.

I'm currently looking for the highest possible damage situation. I can also get 74 out of 1A+B ender instead of unblockable, but I'm not sure how reliable that is yet.

I'm currently looking for the highest possible damage situation. I can also get 74 out of 1A+B ender instead of unblockable, but I'm not sure how reliable that is yet.
"Time for bed...now sleep forever." - this fits so much considering Siegfried is downed on the ground getting raped by an orb. xD

Are you testing with Ukemi on? 6A+B > 44K doesn't connect when I have Ukemi on.

Neither does 6A+B > 2B+K (BE). I'm positive that 2B and 2K are the only guaranteed moves after the 6A+B knockdown.

Yes it does, of course I´m trying ukemis and 44K is guaranteed after 6A+B, but you must hit your enemy with both hits of 6A+B, the claw and the orb hit, then do 44K and is not techable in any direction.

Nice find 9A+B after A+G!!

I already said her most damaging combo with 1 BE is 3B AAB 9K 2B+K BEb+k 2[A+B] ground stun [2A+B] it does 95 DMG with only one BE but is hard as hell.

9B can be teched with right or left air control, I don´t remember wich one, at least before the patch.

Also. You get the same sort of deal with 3B aab 2A+B 236236A+B+K. The ground stun allows them to be hit. Also I think you can AC out of 9B

Hey, I figured out another useful way to use the CE. If your back is to the edge of the ring and the ball is on the floor next to the opponent and you use your CE, you can 3B them and it'll fling them over your head and they'll be ringed out.

EDIT:
This only works in specific occasions. Sometimes it'll do it and others it won't.

EDIT2:
Okay, I figure it out. You have to be at a edge that is like a corner. Like the part corner of unknown forest that doesn't have walls on either side. It USUALLY works but not always.

And here are some combos I made. I'm usually not that good with testing combos but I'm pretty sure they're legit.
N/O
  • 6B+K, 4B
  • 44A BE, 66K
  • 3B, wall, 2B+K BE, 66K BE
  • 3B, wall, 3B, wall, 4B, 2A+B

Eh guys stop double posting, if you can reply in one post or you want to make a new reply, just edit your previous post. If you saw someone post after you made a post, then it is ok to make a new reply (though you can also edit your post if he/she posted same time as you and you want to reply without making a new post to keep from cluttering the thread).

The other issue is, do I add every combo tested, or just the most damaging ones? Or do we think about which combos might be useful for oki and etc., or what? There is a lot of combos, whether w/ or n/orb, and it might be daunting for people who are looking at her combo list and find there are so many combos to go through, when we know most of them are just up to "preferences", if you get what I mean.

For that reason I am not adding anything to the combo list (aside from the BnB and a few others) until we have decided on this issue.

3B, AAB, 9K, 2B+K BE (buffer run towards), run towards, AAB, 2A+B, ground stun, 2[A+B]

I'm having a lot of trouble dashing in. Does this work on smaller hitboxes? The only one I've been able to hit with AAB after 9K 2B+K BE is nightmare.

However, I did find through this that you can do something to the effect of

3B AAB 2A+B 2B+K BE Step forward AAB 9K 2A+B for around 80 damage as opposed to the 70ish damage old BnB

For that reason I am not adding anything to the combo list (aside from the BnB and a few others) until we have decided on this issue.

The combos I made were all based around how much meter. So I'd just separate these combos by how much meter is used. Highest damage goes top, any lower damage combos below that, and put the damage next to the combo. Combos with better oki than the highest damage can be listed with a note like ** Provides better oki.

And here we go again with Day 2 stuff:

Transcription:

Key: W/O = With orb | N/O = No Orb | WS = While Standing | CH = Counter Hit

BE = Brave Edge or A+B+K

W/O CH WS B 66A+BB (This works with N/O as well)
W/O 1A 66A+BB (This works with N/O as well)
W/O 1A+B 66A+BB (This works with N/O as well)
N/O 1A+B 2B+K BE AAB 9K 2A+B
N/O WS B 2B+K BE AAB 9K 2A+B
N/O 3B AAB 9K 2B+K BE Dash Forward AAB 9A+BB (Ringout Version of this combo. It only works when you're pushing them close to wall or on big hitbox characters)
N/O 3B AAB 2A+B 2B+K BE Step forward AAB 9K 2A+B
N/O 3B AAB 9K 2B+K BE Dash forward AAB 2A+B 3B (Only works when pushing close to a wall or on big hitbox)
N/O 44A BE 33(B) AAB 2A+B 2B+K BE Step forward AAB 9K 2A+B
N/O 22B BE 1B 3B AAB 2A+B 2B+K BE Step forward AAB 9K 2A+B
N/O 1A+B 2B+K BE AAB 2A+B 2B+K BE Step Forward AAB 9A+BB (Ringout version)
N/O 1A+B 2B+K BE AAB 2A+B 2B+K BE Step Forward AAB 9K 2A+B
N/O CH WS B 2B+K BE AAB 2A+B 2B+K BE Step forward AAB 9A+BB (Ringout version)
N/O CH WS B 2B+K BE AAB 2A+B 2B+K BE Step Forward AAB 9K 2A+B

I was bummed that the Artilust apparently got patched til I seen a 100 damage BnB?

*fires up ps3*

See you kids in a few!

EDIT:
N/O 3B AAB 9K 2B+K BE Dash forward 66A+BB is the no meter ender if you arent near a wall. 72 damage

Idk if guaranteed
N/O 3B AAB W/O 2A+B CE (big delay) N/O 44A+B.

Idk if the CE is guaranteed

W/O CH 6A B BE B/B+K and this has multiplefollow ups. I I have found alot of other. Stuff but I can't type on phone

Back