Viola Combo & Tech Trap Discussion

Panther

[09] Warrior
As the title implies, this thread will serve as the discussion thread for all discussions related to possible and valid Viola combos. Combos that "make the cut" are then officially listed in the Viola Combos thread.

Please keep your discussion in this thread related to combos only. For example, if you wish to ask if a certain hit-string is a valid combo, simply post something like:

"Hey guys I just found a hit-string and I was wondering if it might work. Here is the hit-string:

(hit-string)

Could anyone else report their findings and confirm if it is a valid combo? Thanks!"

The above only serves as a rough example. Please be civil in your replies too as well and keep all posts only to the topic at hand. Thank you for your consideration.

This thread is where all the debates about the possible tech traps takes place for Viola's tech traps. The accepted tech traps will then be listed with information in the Viola Tech Traps thread.

Since there should be acceptable formats for listing what side(s) the move serves as a tech trap for, here is a format which should serve as a guideline:

(move) (side)

That is, list the move of Viola's that serves as a tech trap, then list the side (right, left, front, back, all; if multiple sides are somehow caught, list them as right/back in any order). The format is for a rough guideline only, but that should do the trick.

I'm having a difficult time connecting with 6A+B after 2B+K~BE > B+K, is there anything that is supposed to be done in-between the hits, like a small step?

actually going to edit Its no longer available -

No Orb - 22 B ~BE ,1b, 3b , a,a,b, 9k, 2b+k~BE,b+k,6a+b <= no longer hits

Seems like 4B works OK as a punisher. Off of 4B max damage seems to be:

With orb:

4B 66A+BB

Without orb:

4B 66A+BB (Note you get ~1 to 2 more damage if you quick step so that you hit them OTG from the side.)

4B 2B+K Brave Edge AAB 9K 2A+B

______

As far as combos filthie mentioned:

You can end them early and do 2A+B after the 9K, or do the 2B+K Brave edge B+K then 2A+B instead of the 6A+B.

______

Off no orb 44A Brave edge:

44A Brave edge 33(B) AAB 9K 2A+B

44A Brave edge 33(B) AAB 9K 2B+K Brave edge B+K 2A+B

44A Brave edge 33(B) 44B 2B <-- Just realized this was in the combo list. But yeah, it's there. Does less damage than the earlier no meter one though, but it's about ~3 damage less IIRC.

heres some quickies with violas orb...off a launcher

With Orb-

3B, 2B -roughly 30 damage great to follow up with a grab

3B, 4K- same damage but pushes opponent farther back great to mix them up

3B, 6A+B, 2B+K(BE), B+K, 6A+K if you feeling like squeezing some extra damage from an easy launcher *Note- The Timing for 6A+B is a bit tricky, iv tried button smashing it to see if i can make it come out on time with no avail...from what iv practiced its best to press 6A+B at the peek of the opponents launch....

Without orb

3B AAB 6A+B 44K

Without orb

4B 2[A+B] 2B

With orb

3B BB is the most damaging combo I found...

Without orb

3B AAB 9K 2B+K BEb+k 2[A+B] 2[A+B] 95 DMG is the only decent combo she has now, and is hard as hell, the 2B+KBEb+k has veeeeeeery tricky timing...

Ok the notations for with and without orb are:

N/Orb -> No orb (N/O works as well but it might be confusing)
W/Orb -> With orb (or simply put Orb; W/O might be confused for "without")

I was really hoping that w/orb 3B had a better combo than BBB, but guess not.

Trace: The notation is 2B+K (BE) 2[A+B] 2[A+B]. The BE is in parentheses after the move that is a BE. Just FYI, makes it easier for everyone to understand.

Without orb

3B AAB 6A+B 44K

Without orb

4B 2[A+B] 2B

With orb

3B BB is the most damaging combo I found...

Without orb

3B AAB 9K 2B+K BEb+k 2[A+B] 2[A+B] 95 DMG is the only decent combo she has now, and is hard as hell, the 2B+KBEb+k has veeeeeeery tricky timing...

Are you testing with Ukemi on? 6A+B > 44K doesn't connect when I have Ukemi on.

Neither does 6A+B > 2B+K (BE). I'm positive that 2B and 2K are the only guaranteed moves after the 6A+B knockdown.

Here's my small cup of tea for throw combos:

N/Orb A+G, 8A+B - Good for ROs, even with breakable walls.
N/Orb A+G/B+G back throw, 3B, AAB, 9K, 2B+K (BE), B+K, 2A+B
Opponent against a wall: N/Orb B+G, 2K

Just throwing this one out, but you guys probably already know:
CE, 44A+B, 2K (extra damage if opponent is cornered)

feedback if any of these works.......

With Out Orb

6A+B ~ (6)B Avoidable by Left/Right Techs, leaves opponent on a semi knockdown state, timing is simple, press B as soon as opponents legs hit the ground...

6A+B ~(6)A+B,B Avoidable by Left/Right Techs, Same timing as the First one, this moves hits on the ground, you know when you have teched it when the opponent is standing up and still getting hit.....Leaves the opponent stunned.....

6A+B ~(6) ~8A+B Avoidable by Left/Right Techs, Same timing as the First one, Leaves the opponent on ground, This can Ring Out....

6A+B ~(6) ~3A Avoidable By Left/Back Techs, Same Timing as the First one, Leaves opponent in slight stun animation.....

6A+B ~(6) ~2A Catches All Techs, Timing is easy Run up to the opponent as close as possible then 2B , Leaves opponent in a slight stun animation...easiest tech to perform so far....

6A+B ~(6)B - Avoidable by Left/Right Techs, Same Timing as the First, Does great damage, can be BE for even more damage....

6A+B ~(6) ~A+B, A Catches All Techs, Timing is similar to the 2A timing, except your gana want to press A+B a few frames before Reaching the opponent, High damage Tech, Leaves opponent in Stun, can be BE for greater damage....by far the best, my personal favorite.....

theres still plenty more, but for know this is all i can do

its not a combo, but something is bound to come from it, there is a funny hitbox property of violas orb.....

if you hit an opponent from the back with her (N/O) 6A+B, the opponent will be knocked Face Down rather then the usual Face Up knockdown of this move.....

basiicaly because ur hitting the opponents back the game registers a back hit ( which does more damage) the first hit of 6A+B registers normally , but the second hit registers a knockdown as if it was coming from the back(which it is) but the move its self is going forward.... so its looks funny...

Back