Viola Combo & Tech Trap Discussion

It works on all characters, and it is not a dash, but a buffered run.

I will make a quick vid of it so you can see that you have the most damaging and best oki for 1 BE that anybody can do after a few mins of practice. 105 to 110 damage or 94 to 99 with potential for WAY more.

Please do!

Did anyone else notice that you cant juggle off A+B BE anymore after the patch?

What exactly was the reason for that... I dunno. Considering that would have been yet another starter into beefy damage.

Viola isnt nearly as bad as people are saying. Loving her moderately high barrier of execution as well.

When they have moves like 22_88 what move is that and what is a CH moveand how is it done

In Soul Calibur, we use the numbers 1-9 in our notations to represent the direction you push your stick.

If you superimpose this grid of numbers over your stick, you'll see that 2 and 8 equate to up and down, 4 and 6 to left and right, 1/3/7/9 are the diagonals, and 5 is when the stick is left at neutral. CH, or counterhit, is a state where you interrupt your opponent's move. Some moves have different properties on counterhit, and generally, a counterhit combo will do more damage.

Please disregard as it seems there was a patch that invalidated my combos. You no longer popup as high as before after the 2B+K BE.

Ah, alright. I thought I was just really bad at timing it. o_o Your combo still works on small stages or when you push them near the wall. But yeah, it's situational.

In Soul Calibur, we use the numbers 1-9 in our notations to represent the direction you push your stick.

If you superimpose this grid of numbers over your stick, you'll see that 2 and 8 equate to up and down, 4 and 6 to left and right, 1/3/7/9 are the diagonals, and 5 is when the stick is left at neutral. CH, or counterhit, is a state where you interrupt your opponent's move. Some moves have different properties on counterhit, and generally, a counterhit combo will do more damage.

I understand about the numbering system whats getting me is the doubleing of it is it saying down down up up for the move?

Bad news! 66B 66A+BB combo ender don´t work if they thech to the left :S back to the old combo ender (6A+B44K) T__T

Finally got the game, finally got time with Mystic Meg, she's so awesome ^^ A few questions: her 22B BE and B+K BE, are you guys using these, or favouring her other 2 BEs? At what range is 6B+K best used for, and what kind of mixups do you go for along with it? Finally, does she really have such limited options after a W/O 3B? It's depressing -__-

I like 22B(BE) B+KBE never sees any use from me.

44A(BE) A+B(BE) and 22B(BE) get the most meter use out of me, CE being situational and I never use B+K(BE)

Finally got the game, finally got time with Mystic Meg, she's so awesome ^^ A few questions: her 22B BE and B+K BE, are you guys using these, or favouring her other 2 BEs? At what range is 6B+K best used for, and what kind of mixups do you go for along with it? Finally, does she really have such limited options after a W/O 3B? It's depressing -__-

6B+K Re tracks. So just use it when you know you're safe pretty much. Though tbh I'm still more of a fan of B+K. 6B+K's delay takes too long for me, so I use it really situationally.

B+K BE is nigh useless. It's slow, depends on position of the ball, and leads to absolutely nothing.

22B BE is great.

44A BE is great.

2B+K BE is great.

As far as W/O 3B, you can AAB to set ball, you can do a couple other things, but honestly my favorite right now is to 2A+B. Forces block, and gives you tons of options after it.

I like doing N/O 3B AAB 2A+B [2A+B] when I have no meter to spend, as you say gives you a lot of options. Learned the hard way earlier about the shortcomings of 4A+B, can't just throw it out there and got myself stuffed most of the time. I'm just letting myself go Day 1 crazy at the moment, try and pressure as hard as possible and see what my opponent is doing to stop it, take that data back to the lab and figure some stuff out. Is 22B BE a combo starter or ender? I can't recall exactly what it does right now.

I like doing N/O 3B AAB 2A+B [2A+B] when I have no meter to spend, as you say gives you a lot of options. Learned the hard way earlier about the shortcomings of 4A+B, can't just throw it out there and got myself stuffed most of the time. I'm just letting myself go Day 1 crazy at the moment, try and pressure as hard as possible and see what my opponent is doing to stop it, take that data back to the lab and figure some stuff out. Is 22B BE a combo starter or ender? I can't recall exactly what it does right now.
You can do
N/O 3B AAB 7K 2+AB instead for a bit as well, if you want to give yourself more space from your opponent.

And to the person who asked what you can do W/O after a 3B...
I -believe- I was doing
3B AA 66AAB.

Just wanna say that 1A+B , 2B+K BE can be teched right and left so its not a real combo. :D Sad thing since it was pretty good damage off a low :D

Didn't try with all characters but Mitsu and Pyrrha can tech the 2B+K BE right and left

Total Soul Calibur scrub, but I found, if nothing else, a fun combo. Forgive me if it's in one of the videos (I'm at work and YouTube is acting up). Yell at me if the notation is wrong, I'm still learning this stuff:

33B (fully charged) AAB CE 33B (fully charged) AAB CE 33B (fully charged) AA

25 hits, does around 170? damage, I don't remember. Now here is why I came to this thread: I don't understand why I can't land AAB after the third launcher.

This combo is probably silly and doesn't do enough damage to warrant two full bars, okay, I get that. However, I have noticed that the dummy always seems to fall way too fast after the third launcher to combo the full AAB (which I would then lead into 9K 2A+B). Can anyone give any sort of feedback on this? Even try it out and see what I mean? I'm no desk when it comes to execution, but I can tell that I'm executing it the same and the timing is definitely different. Does this game employ some sort of anti-juggle mechanism that causes the opponent to fall faster after a certain number of hits?

I even changed it up a little bit and, during the CE juggle, threw some Ks into it. I found that I can never get it to exceed 25 hits no matter what.
Still waiting on someone who better understands the engine to weigh in on this.

6A+B ~(6) ~8A+B
Im sorry Im so noob, but can someone break down what this means please? I know the number formation for joystick direction, but why are their tildes? Why is some numbers in a () without a command?

Is 6A+B the move being used to knock down...?

Thanks!

Back