Viola Combo & Tech Trap Discussion

Costs 1 whole meter but..

SET 44A (BE), B+K BE (On 3rd ball hit, exactly) is a tech trap in all direction, follow up for a combo of your choice. Does meaty damage. Like 160 or something..

Posted in the tech trap thread, but:

Costs 1 whole meter but..

SET 44A (BE), B+K BE (On 3rd ball hit, exactly) is a tech trap in all direction, follow up for a combo of your choice. Does meaty damage. Like 160 or something..

What can I get off of CH WR B? It's not mentioned in the combo sticky.
You can get quite a lot off of a CH WR B. With CH ORB WR B, you can go for the usual 66A+B, but any 2A+B followups will fail because you already used the crumple stun. With CH SET WR B, you can follow up with 66A+B, as well, or burn some meter with 2B+K~BE into whatever.

seems like the combo sticky is not being updated too often.
I keep a fairly complete list of combos here
i still need to test ORB 3B 6A+B 2B. It is noted there, but i don't think it connects after patch. Or if it ever did.

It does, but it does less damage than a simple ORB 3B BB_BBB (31/32 vs 35) whereas it is more difficult to pull off. It's still very doable, but it just seems a bit unnecessary (saying that for the ones who don't know, as I can see your list has the damage listed too :) )

thx, Ikuwayo.
i can't test stuff until Wednesday cos i don't have my ps3, thats why i wasn't sure

Thanks guys.

I don't really like following CH WS B up, which is probably why I never put any guaranteed followups into the sticky. Didn't think about the followups there as I was doing B moves. It's a place where she has plenty of potent tech traps, or a free setup. So I usually go for those instead of wasting meter on a relaunch or doing 66A+BB. =P

This may already be common knowledge but came across a little combo while messing around with Viola and as far as I know it only works on Patroklos. No Orb 4 A+B 3B > into any 3b combo you want. Didn't test against the whole cast but from what I can tell only works on Patroklos.

It works on more characters, although I dont know which exactly. I'm sure I've connected it plenty of times on other characters in game though.

Quick question, is the AAB 66B 66A+B ender supposed to work after a 3B combo? (i.e. 3B AAB 6A+B 2B+K BE AAB 2A+B 2B+K BE ender) Every time I do it my opponent drops out after the last AA and the B doesn't connect.

From what I've seen, you can't use N/O AAB 3 times in a row, regardless of the setup. If I'm wrong let me know, but from what I've seen thats how it goes. Thus something like...
3B AAB 2A+B 2B+K BE AAB 66B 66A+B works better. Its not worth doing another relaunch / meter use if you're not going to guarantee yourself the damage.

Edit: To be clear, by 3 times in a row, I mean 3 times within the same combo string.

The same thing happened to me! But I turned on the air control feature in training, and THEN it connects. So I guess it works if the opponent is trying to escape, and it doesn't if you simply wait. What I have been doing is... 3B AAB 6A+B (slightly charged) 2B+K BE AAB 2A+B 2B+K BE B+K 66B 66A+B. The damage difference is very very little, and it is guaranteed!

66K (BE) max hold 66A+B.B 2B+K BE B+K 66B 66A+B.B - 110 damage.
66K (BE) max hold 66A+B.B 2B+K BE 33_99A.A 2B+K BE B+K 66B 66A+B.B - 136 damage.

Pretty cool how you can get an air combo off of 66K BE. You can get 9A+B, 66B, 44B, etc.

Didn't know they're able to get out of 66A+B.B, though. Still cool combos!

The same thing happened to me! But I turned on the air control feature in training, and THEN it connects. So I guess it works if the opponent is trying to escape, and it doesn't if you simply wait. What I have been doing is... 3B AAB 6A+B (slightly charged) 2B+K BE AAB 2A+B 2B+K BE B+K 66B 66A+B. The damage difference is very very little, and it is guaranteed!

Well THAT is strange.

I'll test more later, then. I always test with AC options on at least random, then check all directions. I never figured this would be how it would work.

Back