Viola Combo & Tech Trap Discussion

I had a fellow 8WR'r get a 2B+K BE 66B loop off on me. I laughed to deny my sadness...Tried rolling a different direction each time and still got walloped.

I had a fellow 8WR'r get a 2B+K BE 66B loop off on me. I laughed to deny my sadness...Tried rolling a different direction each time and still got walloped.
lol but in all fairness unless its gonna ko and your in either last or penultimate round surely stopping mid combo to start another one up like 6B+K mix up into some sort of launcher is

So... Viola (well everyone) has TC's that get under high attacks. Her best is her prolly her launcher 3B. Second best maybe 8A+B. But 1B, 2K and Set 2B+K also get under highs. But, 2B+K and 8A+B are the only ones that duck throws right? Also...if I forgot any TC's feel free to correct me.

So... Viola (well everyone) has TC's that get under high attacks. Her best is her prolly her launcher 3B. Second best maybe 8A+B. But 1B, 2K and Set 2B+K also get under highs. But, 2B+K and 8A+B are the only ones that duck throws right? Also...if I forgot any TC's feel free to correct me.

i believe every TC move may duck a throw. If it comes to length of TC window 1B and 33B TC for the longest time during animation. Also Viola has a lot more TC moves, check out my frame data (link in sig) to see every TC move denoted in "notes" column.

i believe every TC move may duck a throw. If it comes to length of TC window 1B and 33B TC for the longest time during animation. Also Viola has a lot more TC moves, check out my frame data (link in sig) to see every TC move denoted in "notes" column.
doesnt 99B tc

Idunno...last night I kept getting thrown on 3B...must be tight timing to get under a throw with this one. It's easier to get under highs than throws. It seems like I was coming out of the TC when the throw would connect, just before 3B connected. Kind of like when you duck the throwers arms as they extend but raise too early and stand into it. I think tonight when I see a throw coming I'll try to stun with 1B then do 3B.

Idunno...last night I kept getting thrown on 3B...must be tight timing to get under a throw with this one. It's easier to get under highs than throws. It seems like I was coming out of the TC when the throw would connect, just before 3B connected. Kind of like when you duck the throwers arms as they extend but raise too early and stand into it. I think tonight when I see a throw coming I'll try to stun with 1B then do 3B.
I think its a tc from frames 9-16 not certain though

44B is still a good ender. No idea why people have completely forgotten about it.

doesn't give whore-butts of meter i guess.

Also you totes can quick step before 66B's when trying to loop it but I've yet to make it force a back facing position. You can get 1 step before you need to hit with the 66B and I feel like you probably need a second but the window is simply not there. Maybe if you start from BT and keep zipping around them but my fingers are just like "what is this you're doing we don't understand.."

Sure lots of people know but Tokido has some fuckin' sick! Combos! Yes, it took two exclamation points. And, also, he is VERY good; he makes some really intelligent decisions!

No, I meant in a practical sense. 2B+K BE B+K 44B gives a sort of oki that you can't really get with any other ender, and TBH, the more you keep your opponent guessing, the better IMO.

What kind of oki is it? In what way is it different to :8::A+B:?

because of the buff, viola doesnt need to rely on massive combos, and the orbs makes up for her puny arms lol. helps against pushback issues, eg sieg NM, etc

ORB 6B+K. -1 on block, frametraptastic!
ORB 2A+B is also nice.

Anyway I like 66B 66A+BB better but to each his own.

Well, of course. But why would you want to keep the orb rather than set it?

Your orb options on oki are rather nice. As mentioned - ORB 2A+B is a force block else they eat it OTG.

You can even ORB 4A+B here, as well, to bait for a B+K BE combo, etc. There's more stuff you can do with tech traps here, but I've forgotten many of them @_@

Guess this one is new
No orb
3B aab CE 99 K, B+K (backflip) hope is new for you guys =D sorry if not

Back