Viola Combo & Tech Trap Discussion

IF you want to use it an combo like that this is the best option I guess:

3B AAB CE 9A+B (wait) AAB 66B 66A+BB

But as said, CE is usually not the best option in combo's.

I prefer using it like for example on hit BBB CE.
If CE hits: you do BB 3B (insert combo)

if it doesn't hit you can still try to start the combo by making them guess between a 1K or BB

If you want to spend meter for flashy, b+k be combos from CE too but its 150 meter. Mainly I've only done it to win final matches or look cool. Its 100is damage tho so shrug. It can close out a match.

ORB 33B 6[A+B] (slight charge) 2B+K BE AAB Ender works (with the 66B 66A+BB ender it does 111 damage).

The timing on charging and hitting with the 2B+K BE is very strict though and both can be screwed up easily, but it does work. :)

EDIT:
tokido vs daishi it also includes new viola tech that tokido used on daishi.
tokido vs daishi starts at 1:33:39 http://ja.twitch.tv/topangatv/b/322079056
looks like daishi is happy for viola to remain untouched and is fully aware of all her damage.
tokido also does the back grab infinite on him.

Notation of Tokido's combo:

3B AAB 6[A+B] (slight charge) 2B+K BE 6B+K B AAB 66B 66A+BB.

I have tested it with various aerial control settings and it seems to work perfectly fine vs the training dummy. It worked on Daishi too :P. The combo does around 125-145 damage (usually it's somewhere between 133-140), depending on:

- Whether they tried to tech it or not (if 2B+K BE catches their tech it will do more damage)
- Whether both hits of 6A+B connected or only the last one (the first hit will do 7 extra damage)
- Whether 66B is a clean hit or not.

EDIT 2:

You can replace 6B+K B by 6B+K 66A if the opponent is hit too far to hit with B. It's harder to do though since 66A is slower...

Set 6B+K > 3K > B+K BE > 6A+B (slight charge) > 2B+K BE > 6B+K > B > AAB > 6A+B (slight charge) > 2B+K BE > 6B+K > B > B+K BE > 66B > 66A+BB

IIRC you can't combo after this when it hits in air without it being ACable left. You can just AAB here then 66B anyway. The B+K BE is a bit of a waste of meter.

Edit: OWAIT you can't. I see why now. Still, ACable, though I believe.

can someone else check this,
some say its ACable, but no one has managed
3B aab (wait till they have nearly landed, 6B+K etc

can someone else check this,
some say its ACable, but no one has managed
3B aab (wait till they have nearly landed, 6B+K etc

... What? This isn't a combo.

If you're talking about the

3B AAB 6(A+B) 2B+K BE 6B+K B/A AAB stuff, it's not ACable.

um yeah it is lol ya might wanna check
3b n/o, aab wait a sec then 6b+k (while they are still airborne)

OOOOOOOOHHHHH, ORB 6B+K... lol. I was assuming you meant to hit 6B+K before return and continue someting. So you'd get SET 6B+K in combo. - No your combo doesn't work. ORB 6B+K isn't ACable itself, but any followup afterward is ACable Left, Right, Back right and Back left. There is a RARE occasion that it isn't ACable, but it generally causes the camera to flip out and you can't continue with a 2B+K BE followup.

OOOOOOOOHHHHH, ORB 6B+K... lol. I was assuming you meant to hit 6B+K before return and continue someting. So you'd get SET 6B+K in combo. - No your combo doesn't work. ORB 6B+K isn't ACable itself, but any followup afterward is ACable Left, Right, Back right and Back left. There is a RARE occasion that it isn't ACable, but it generally causes the camera to flip out and you can't continue with a 2B+K BE followup.
hehe mistake on both of our behalfs
I doesnt work if you do it straight away, but if you time it so it hits opponent in air when they are level with your knees, it doesnt seem like they can Acon out of it

hehe mistake on both of our behalfs
I doesnt work if you do it straight away, but if you time it so it hits opponent in air when they are level with your knees, it doesnt seem like they can Acon out of it

Yup, I'm timing it super late. Still ACable left + right. MAYBE not back left and back right.

Now for more flashy stuff since I've been messing around again.

3B AAB 6(A+B) 2B+K BE 6B+K B B+K 2A+B Random ender. Way flashier than standard loop, does like 10 less damage :[

44A BE 6B+K 6B 3B AAB 6(A+B) 2B+K BE 6B+K B 44A BE 2K 2B+K BE AAB 66B 66A+BB Full meter, not so good but flashy as hell. Second 44A BE needs to be done kinda late.

3B AAB 6(A+B) 2B+K BE 6B+K B B+K 44B Again, flashy as hell. Ends combo early into some oki, but does like 30 less damage than 66B ender.

c_c

6B+K 3K B+K BE {6[A+B] 2B+K BE 6B+K B AAB}x2 66B 66A+BB 234 damage on counter hit, 227ish normal so more or less instant death off guard crush (didn't get any clean hits), 150% meter, can't do a third loop because they will fall out (makes it not a full life combo) but .. come on. someone tell me this doesn't actually work and I'm missing some vital escape point c_c

218 off 6AB counter hit

224 off 6B+K 3A

ReEdit: No this totally works you just have to watch their height really closely as you do it because if the recall part of the 2nd AAB hits them too low they slip right out of it and hit the ground. I kept losing it online so I wondered why and that would definitely do it. Yay online timing.

Edit again: I'm wrong, it's worse. You can do a 4th 6[A+B] into 2B+K be B+K 66B 66A+BB for 257 damage off 3K 6B+K(hit) starter, 238-251 off 6AB counter hit.. Fuck me. Full Life combo.

For Elysium with Viola style:
Set 6B+K > 6B > back throw > 44A BE > 6B+K > 6B > back throw > 3B W! > 6B+K > 6B > back throw > 3B W! > 6B+K > 6B > back throw > 3B > AAB > 6[A+B] > 2B+K BE > 6B+K > 66A > AAB > 9K > CE

Angle dependent and impractical but I wanted to see how many hits I could get. This one comes in at 53 hits and is over 240 damage.

IIRC you can't combo after this when it hits in air without it being ACable left. You can just AAB here then 66B anyway. The B+K BE is a bit of a waste of meter.

Edit: OWAIT you can't. I see why now. Still, ACable, though I believe.

It's a true combo, not ACable

Back