Viola Frame Data Discussion

Since nobody saw it necessary to test/share any information about Set 6B+K, the startup animation is 20 frames, during which she can't block. So using Set 6B+K at neutral puts her at the same disadvantage that she'd be at if she backdashed.

Yep. It's rather a large window. Which is why I've found the whine about her "safe" mixup absolutely ridiculous.

It's theoretically "unsafe", but no one can react to 6B+K animation and step+block/interrupt before the next moves comes out.

20 frames is a pretty decent number of frames imo. Not too much, not too little. Used wisely reacting to it can still be very difficult, especially since 6B+K itself can also punish some blocked hits, but if you spam 6B+K without any thought to it, get ready for CHs.

It's theoretically "unsafe", but no one can react to 6B+K animation and step+block/interrupt before the next moves comes out.

I don't see how. Most 6B+K followups are around 16 frames. A 36 frame window is pretty huge, I'm sure most people could AA.

when you see 6B+K, you just have to attack with something fast and safe (for example 2A). If Viola tries to mix you up she will get CH, and if she blocks you will recover quickly enough to block or maybe even step the orb. Its really simple, i believe everyone can do it with practice.

Back