Viola General Discussion / Q&A

what to do against players that knows how to fight viola and interrupts all the 6B+K setups?

what are the frame data of full crouch B and K? these are the only moves that aren't listed in the frame data page.
are they just 1 frame faster than the 2B 2K versions? what about the frame advantage on hit and on block?
I remember fc K can combo with 6B+K while 2K can't, but I don't remember why.

what to do against players that knows how to fight viola and interrupts all the 6B+K setups?

what are the frame data of full crouch B and K? these are the only moves that aren't listed in the frame data page.
are they just 1 frame faster than the 2B 2K versions? what about the frame advantage on hit and on block?
I remember fc K can combo with 6B+K while 2K can't, but I don't remember why.
Well it depends. Let's say you're doing 6B+K FC 2K B+K BE. If you're getting interrupted when doing the FC 2K, you have a lot of options.
You can either stop doing 6B+K and be passive aggressive by making good reads, punishing and spacing (you should really try to always be doing those three along with 6B+K though).
You can do a raw 6B+K and block. This tests your opponent and you can see what they're going to do. Let's say they tried to 2A interrupt you, but now you blocked their 2A and are at advantage. From there, you should proceed how you see fit.
Finally, you can run up and block. If they were trying to interrupt the 6B+K then you're at advantage for blocking...

Can you be more specific? Which 6B+K mixup are you trying and where are you being interrupted?

after getting frame advantage at close range, opponent either standing or crouching, I sometimes try to do 6B+K follow by the usual mid into combo etc, but opponent sees it and interrupts immediately. same thing if I do a low, basically they instinctively press button once they see 6B+K

They're very unlikely to be reacting in time to interrupt 6B+K. More likely, they are predicting when you are going to do it and attacking then. It's often good to just go straight into an attack when you would normally do 6B+K if you keep getting hit out of this - you'll often catch the opponent out and will at least keep them guessing.

For example, people sometimes twig against me that I'll often do 6B+K after SET BBB. I mix it up with 66B, 44A and 3B and it will often catch them.

No point in even doing that combo. If you don't have meter do
3B AAB 66B 66A+B

If you have meter do
3B AAB (slight charge) 6A+B 2B+K BE 6B+K B (orb hits the opponent) AAB 66B 66A+B

I am having a lot of trouble with the 2B+K BE and connecting with anything after I land it. Anyone have advice on pulling off this combo?

I am having a lot of trouble with the 2B+K BE and connecting with anything after I land it. Anyone have advice on pulling off this combo?
Well, there's not really any special or hard timing to it. Personally, 6B+K B is the easiest afterwards. Just do 2B+K BE then 6B+K immediately after. You don't want to mash B right away, but just a slight pause so that the opponents falls just a tiny bit more. Play with the timing until you get it down. Don't worry, practice makes perfect. :)

The charge is on the 6A+B is pretty strict. If you do it too much, the orb won't pin 'em right. If you don't do it enough, they can tech out.

3B AAB 6(A+B) 2B+KBE 6B+K
for this to work, you must charge 6A+B enough so that opponent can't tech out, but if you do charge enough, you must 66A instead of single B because only 66A could reach enough distance to catch the opponent.

Last edited:
I don't think that's true, I just managed the B in training mode during your combo.

The only time I think 66A is needed is after SET 6B+K 6B 6A+B 2B+K BE. I think I mentioned this in my last post.

from my training before, I found that if you charge enough, it's untechable, but only 66A can hit. if you don't charge enough, dummy can still left tech, but B can connect. I always use viola 1P as dummy so I don't know about doing this on any other character.

did you do step forward B? or did you just do B right after 6B+K?

I always 66 anyway, seeing as I trained my muscle memory to do a 66A, not B. The range of B is a hellofalot bigger than it looks like.

B is not even long enough to consistently land 6B+K 3K 3B AAB 2A+B 2B+K BE 6B+K B, I learned it the hard way and was late to join the 66A wagon. yeah that extra damage is much appreciated, but running forward AAB is much easier to players with bad input consistency like me.

B is not even long enough to consistently land 6B+K 3K 3B AAB 2A+B 2B+K BE 6B+K B, I learned it the hard way and was late to join the 66A wagon. yeah that extra damage is much appreciated, but running forward AAB is much easier to players with bad input consistency like me.
Sorry to sound blunt, but I think there's something wrong with your game or you're not doing something right because you've consistently had this problem for a while now. Everyone else can get B to land perfectly fine.... It's usually much easier than 66A. I don't understand what the problem is but there is something wrong.

I remember someone telling me that 6B+K 3K pushes the opponent too far so relaunch B won't work and I have to take a small step forward for B to connect, but then if I am going to do step forward B, might as well just do 66A.

I remember someone telling me that 6B+K 3K pushes the opponent too far so relaunch B won't work and I have to take a small step forward for B to connect, but then if I am going to do step forward B, might as well just do 66A.
Instead of doing 3K do 6B+K 6B or 6B+K 3A. I know both of those work with B.

I just tried 6B+K 3K 3B at max range and I could still land B after 6A+B.

Can someone here test out this combo:

6B+K 6B 6A+B 2B+K BE SET 6B+K 66A B+K SET 6B+K B AAB 66B 66A+BA

I can't get to my Xbox at the moment, but I swear to god I pulled this off once. I might have been wrong though, this was during my training to get the bomb-loop. I watched myself do the same combo so many times, I might have gone insane.

A fun combo starter to do (not sure if it's worth it, etc.) is...

SET 6B+K 3K 3B b+kBE ~~

It's got fairly strict timing since you can't really buffer the brave edge but it's fun. :b

Back