Viola General Discussion / Q&A

hey guys, i know i am late to the party since i just bought the game recently after refusing to buy it since release but.. where can i find these "tokido" combos that includes violas 66+a instead of 61+2 ? thanks !

That might've sounded harsher than I meant. It's true that Tokido popularized both combos, but the backthrow infinite was known even before release (I think the guys who worked on the FuturePress guide found it), while the 6B+K insert wasn't widely known until Tokido used it. I'm not even sure if Tokido discovered it (I remember hearing that he picked up a lot of stuff from futurestarmk2, the guy who also found the iFC K ToD), but the name is what it is.

hey guys, i know i am late to the party since i just bought the game recently after refusing to buy it since release but.. where can i find these "tokido" combos that includes violas 66+a instead of 61+2 ? thanks !
The Tokido combo is basically what I said in my previous post. 66A can be replaced with a single B as well, which does less damage but works in more situations and has easier timing.

Pre-Tokido combo:
(Any combo that leads to a ground stun like A+B, such as 44A BE → 6B+K → 6B → 3B → AAB → 2A+B) → 2B+K BE → AAB → 8A+B or some other ender
Tokido combo:
… → 2B+K BE → 6B+K → B/66A → AAB → 8A+B

That might've sounded harsher than I meant. It's true that Tokido popularized both combos, but the backthrow infinite was known even before release (I think the guys who worked on the FuturePress guide found it), while the 6B+K insert wasn't widely known until Tokido used it. I'm not even sure if Tokido discovered it (I remember hearing that he picked up a lot of stuff from futurestarmk2, the guy who also found the iFC K ToD), but the name is what it is.

The Tokido combo is basically what I said in my previous post. 66A can be replaced with a single B as well, which does less damage but works in more situations and has easier timing.

Pre-Tokido combo:
(Any combo that leads to a ground stun like A+B, such as 44A BE → 6B+K → 6B → 3B → AAB → 2A+B) → 2B+K BE → AAB → 8A+B or some other ender
Tokido combo:
… → 2B+K BE → 6B+K → B/66A → AAB → 8A+B
it's ok lol