Viola General Discussion / Q&A

am I the only one that ever gets violas 44A(BE) to never call the orb? Its always random as some times I can still see it floating behind her not moving. Same goes for 22B(BE)
i get it with 44A BE, probably depends on the distance your away fro mthe orb or something.

I posted the guide (prototype) check it out.

am I the only one that ever gets violas 44A(BE) to never call the orb? Its always random as some times I can still see it floating behind her not moving. Same goes for 22B(BE)

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "never call the orb," but you need to be in VS in order for the BE to execute, if that's what you're talking about.

They only BE viola can do while holding her orb is 66k BE, all the others REQUIRE the orb to be set to initiate.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "never call the orb," but you need to be in VS in order for the BE to execute, if that's what you're talking about.

he's talking about doing the BE, the move activates as the BE (as in she's glowing yellow) but only the 44A happens

I've actually had it happen with several different moves. I think it MIGHT have to do with plinking another move into an orb call (including auto-orb moves like 6A+B, 8A+B, 2A+B).

Maybe to early to tell, but do you think Viola is viable tournament-wise? Don't need her to be top/high or anything like that, but not siggycrappy either.

as in the orb stands still while she flashes yellow and uses meter, it even happens without any interference from the opponent, and has happened on counter hit to both me and the computer when facing viola. This should get patched as its a very aggravating waste

The 66B in that second combo won't ground stun the same because you use that same type of ground stun earlier in the combo on 6A+B.

HOWEVER,

Nice find. This 66B 66A+BB ender outdamages the 9K ender in every combo.

So new N/O BnBs are

No meter:
3B AAB 66B 66A+BB

1 Meter:
3B AAB 2A+B 2B+K BE AAB 66B 66A+BB
22B BE 1B 3B AAB 66B 66A+BB
44A BE 3(B) AAB 66B 66A+BB
1A+B 2B+K BE AAB 66B 66A+BB

2 Meter:
44A BE 3(B) AAB 2A+B 2B+K BE AAB 66B 66A+BB
22B BE 1B 3B AAB 2A+B 2B+K BE AAB 66B 66A+BB
1A+B 2B+K BE AAB 2A+B 2B+K BE AAB 66B 66A+BB

Thats quoted from the combo thread but I didn't want to clutter it up more then it already is with this. I am having the a hard time figuring out the proper timing to land the 66B 66A+BB ender. I can get 66B to hit, but very rarely the 66A+BB. I can't figure out if there is supposed to be a pause between them or not. I assume yes due to having to wait on Viola to recover from the TC part of 66B. Maybe it just have very strict timing?

Thats quoted from the combo thread but I didn't want to clutter it up more then it already is with this. I am having the a hard time figuring out the proper timing to land the 66B 66A+BB ender. I can get 66B to hit, but very rarely the 66A+BB. I can't figure out if there is supposed to be a pause between them or not. I assume yes due to having to wait on Viola to recover from the TC part of 66B. Maybe it just have very strict timing?

It can be teched left. Best ender now is probably 6A+B 44K, or 2A+B 1A+B. But no, the timing isn't strict on 66B 66A+BB and it still does the most damage, but they can escape it with a left ukemi.

It can be teched left. Best ender now is probably 6A+B 44K, or 2A+B 1A+B. But no, the timing isn't strict on 66B 66A+BB and it still does the most damage, but they can escape it with a left ukemi.
hmm well with it left techable that means I shouldn't really waste too much time perfecting it anyways. Thanks for the reply!

6A+B, 44K have really strict timing? She just doesn't want to throw out the knee slide for me on the 44K part. I do like the 2A+B 1A+B one alot though, shame I can only use it in combos that didn't ground stun already, right?

66B has 2 KND animations.: a sliding one and one that is at close range. 66A+B combos with the close range one I believe. Close range has strict timing.

It is a character dependant combo.
So far it works on male characters I guess.
Didn't check everyone but it's garanteed to work on: Yoshimitsu, Maxi, Astaroth, Patroklos
It's not garanteed on : Ivy, Leixa, Viola

Maybe to early to tell, but do you think Viola is viable tournament-wise? Don't need her to be top/high or anything like that, but not siggycrappy either.

I placed 3rd at a tournament this weekend, lost to Clint's Asta twice. I really didn't like that matchup, but against most characters / other players, I felt pretty confident. My viola still needs to level up some but I think she did well considering I was fighting people with established characters with pre-existing fundamentals. I don't think she's like, top tier or anything but competitive, yes.

Are there any good punishes if you hit a N/O 4B and WR B? WR B doesn't seem like you can do anything guaranteed, maybe just start pressure, but 4B I'm having a hard time finding no meter damage... maybe I should just look into spending a little meter there...

as in the orb stands still while she flashes yellow and uses meter, it even happens without any interference from the opponent, and has happened on counter hit to both me and the computer when facing viola. This should get patched as its a very aggravating waste
I really hate when that happens! It doesn't always happen but it does sometimes and when it does it completely messes my combos.

I really hate when that happens! It doesn't always happen but it does sometimes and when it does it completely messes my combos.
Yeah I just noticed it in practice mode last night while running through some 44A Be combos. Really hope they patch that soon as that will hurt bad online.

Yeah I just noticed it in practice mode last night while running through some 44A Be combos. Really hope they patch that soon as that will hurt bad online.
Definitely. I was playing online once and was about to finish off my opponent with a 44A BE combo but it failed and they punished me and won. :P

Without a doubt, Astaroth is her worst matchup. At the moment, it's the only match I REALLY struggle with.

Leixia and NM also can be trouble, but I can generally handle them. But a good Astaroth doesn't just feel like an uphill battle, it feels like a CLIFF.

Thankfully, he's the easiest character to parry in the game.

Unthankfully. Parrying online is not a good idea.

I haven't found any Asta's online yet except for one person but they weren't that good and kept spamming verticles. But my advice would be to just to rush in at him and don't let him get you far away. Or stay far away purposely and pester him with the orb. Actually, just don't follow my advice. It's probably wrong lol.

Back