Voldo Patch Notes

Enkindu

This town needs an enema
ヴォルド
Voldo 1K(スコーピオンズテイル ~ 背向け): ガード時に相手に与える硬直時間を減らしました。
22or88A(ブラインドブレード): ダメージを下げました(36→26)。
44or11or77B(フレンジィージャイロ ~ 背向け): ダメージを下げました(38→28)。

English translation:

1K (Scorpion Tail facing away): shortened opponent's freeze when blocked.
22 or 88A (Blind Blade): decreased damage (36 to 26).
44 or 11 or 77B (Katar Gore facing away): decreased damage (38 to 28).

Only 3 nerfs! We should consider ourselves lucky.

You can read all of the patch notes here:

https://sdtekken.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/soulcalibur_v_battle_system_update_march_2012.pdf

We should not consider ourselves lucky, screw this patch, why the hell does Voldo need nerfs, he needs massive buffs not nerfs of any degree. This must be some sort of joke...

I hope finally Voldo will be able to GI lows in BS, after this patch, if not when opponent will re-GI our move from BS he will get low guaranted, LOL. Knowing what happened to others characters, we still can consider to be a bit lucky.
Did you knew that part of a Project Soul responsible for balancing game cant understand a word in English? All the opinions about characters they get from Japan forum, they dont give a f*** about 8wr o_O - Daishi has said it on Euro Impact.

I don't get why Ezio got his B,B fixed from whiffing on ducking opponents but Voldo didn't?

Because this patch is a total joke....lets just keep it real.

They just nerfed bunch of mid and mid-low tier characters, left Mitsu and Cervantest almost untouched. both Pyrrha's got a small nerf on stab. I was just laughing my ass off reading the patch notes...never listen to the japanese when it comes to balance, i learned this already in Tekken.

I'm hoping that the fix to opponents no longer being forced to stand after getting hit by a 2A, or 2K will not affect Voldo's 4BAA on a crouching opponent.

we did get somewhat of a buff...for what its worth.

''Fixed character's guard burst damage not recovering between rounds. Characters that were affected: Voldo, ..., ..., ... etc.''

oh wow, we will definitely be seeing those Voldo's in top5 with this buff =P

Well lets see how can we make Voldo even worse? Oo I know decrease his damage on his only safe step killer while FT and not fix his hitboxes at all. I mean no one over here plays Voldo who cares right? (Ligths torch and heads to PS building)

Just want to cry...
So Voldo will be never a good character in this SC. 22A was probably his best move.
I hope 1K is not completely unsafe now...

The changes are not that bad. 22_88A was never used for damage, it was a step-kill that tech crouched. 1K could be changed from -8 to -10 for all we know, as long as it is not stab punishable I am not going to be up in arms about it. 44B change is also meh. His nerfs in SC4 were much larger.

Keep saying everything is fine. I seriously hope theres a next patch and they nerf the fuck out of Voldo. I mean you guys wont mind, then you can be like "3BB losing 15 damage is not a big deal, we still have..bla bla"

The patch is in and i dont think 1K~BS got any more unsafe, im trying it against Natsu with the "Counter, after phase 1" she can never AA it after blocking. Unless they made it like a frame more unsafe.

Now is the time to stop posting and quit while you are ahead.

Sorry kinda said it out of frustration. I play Voldo so obviously i dont want that, but if theres another balance patch it could possibly nerf Voldo again because no one is saying anything about this and PS obviously, i mean OBVIOUSLY doesnt seem to know about the balance of some lower tier characters because of the lack of player feedback.

Voldo changes are not a big deal, 1K is still safe, the bad news is he still cant GI lows in BS [LOL] and the good news is in BS he still can interrupt QS and step any time by simply pressing block.

Voldo changes are not a big deal, 1K is still safe, the bad news is he still cant GI lows in BS [LOL] and the good news is in BS he still can interrupt QS and step any time by simply pressing block.

He can? I *told* people that was a feature. Sweet vindication!

Yep i remember that, you were the one who claimed that`s not a bug. However we cant be 100% sure about it anyway cause the BS low GI bug/feature is still there.

Someone should ask Itoh about the GI, does he have a twitter or facebook or something, i didnt find one. Btw Good games earlier Bolgan, i really got inspired by you.

Back