Voldo Patch Notes

Ok somehow in some way shape or form this patch fucked up 66B. 66B and 66B BE are the exact same speed. Yet take NM 22AA for example. You can now 66B BE punish it but the 66B gets blocked. And if you take algol into training mode and record him to do 1K followed up by an immediate 2A 66B magically hits through the 2A even though 1K is 0 on hit. Yet if you try to 2A his 2A it clashes. Seriously how many more weird glitches are we gonna get with Voldo.

Edit: if you do the 66B BE version after getting hit with Algol's 1K you get hit by the 2A. Just not the 66B.

66B for president. Please find more instances of it being magic, because 66b beating 2A post 1k algol hit is MAD practical.

Algol's 2A and even 2B have weird hitboxes where they whiffs on certain things and Voldo's 66B BE has a bigger hitbox than 66B thats why that happens.

i think you didnt input the 2A fast enough or something, cause i get hit by 2A every time after 1K hit

Algol's 2A and even 2B have weird hitboxes where they whiffs on certain things and Voldo's 66B BE has a bigger hitbox than 66B thats why that happens.
Even if it is Algol's 2A that's the problem (and yes i know of the 2A whiffing problem) it doesn't explain why some things are punishable by 66B BE and not 66B.

i think you didnt input the 2A fast enough or something, cause i get hit by 2A every time after 1K hit
You're not inputting the 66B fast enough. If it's delayed at all after 1K then you'll get hit out. But if you do it as soon as you recover 2A whiffs everytime.

Have you simply considered that they made 66B a frame slower, to make it the same speed as 666B?

I'll be doing my testing tomorrow

Have you simply considered that they made 66B a frame slower, to make it the same speed as 666B?

I'll be doing my testing tomorrow
I tested that too. But I'm going to recheck it again here in a few minutes to make sure. I'll update post as soon as i do.

Edit: Ok I did my testing and either Algol's hitboxes are so screwed up beyond belief it's not even funny or something really weird was done to Voldo's 66B. Algol's 1K is 0 on hit. I know this for a fact as after getting hit by 1K Voldo's 2A will clash with Algol's 2A every time. But Algol's 1K followed by BB is beaten out by 66B. Algol's BB is only i15 and therefore if Voldo's 66B was made a frame slower it should get hit by the BB but it doesn't. Voldo's 3K which is also i15 clashes with the BB every time.

A list of the moves and their frames that 66B beat out after 1K on hit.
2B-i16
BB i15
2A i13
6B i14
Then finally after trying all of those moves I finally find something it clashes with which is Algols 4BA at i16. So yeah there is definitely something weird going on. :/

1[k] nerfed / buffed ~ On a distant hit, they get stunned further back so 2A+K, K won't connect / Rings out a tad farther.

Another secret change that's not in patch notes. Not cool, but let's keep hunting for more stuff.

1[k] nerfed / buffed ~ On a distant hit, they get stunned further back so 2A+K, K won't connect / Rings out a tad farther.

Another secret change that's not in patch notes. Not cool, but let's keep hunting for more stuff.
It was like this before though? I've had my 2B+K whiff pre-patch as well.

It was like this before though? I've had my 2B+K whiff pre-patch as well.

On very rare occasion, yes ~ But it's noticeably much worse now, you gotta be point blank and visually see if you're close enough before the BS 2A+K. I'm now having to go for less damage, then a mixup as it's more safe =/

I just want to see if others are experiencing the same issue. When playing with Voldo since the update, I have been noticing that any moves using the directions of 1 or 3 are not working right while playing online? For example, inputting 1A+B comes out as 4A+B, 1B comes out as 4b, 3B,B comes out as 6B. In training or arcade, using 1 or 3 directional moves come out with no problem, only when I play online, for whatever reason, it's hit or miss. Anyone else noticing this with Voldo?

Weird, all directional moves work normally for me, and i've played like hundred voldo matches online post-patch.

So wait, I really cant Gi Lows from BS?! Its hard for me to tell because I usually BS 8B or BS 4B over that ish

for what its worth , i too have noticed that BS 2 B+K after 1(K) whiffs alot more post patch. I'll do 1(B) sometimes now for the sweet mix-up but i do miss that combo.

So since 1[K] sends people waaaay out of range for 2B+K in a lot of instances, what should I be doing to get damage more reliably?

You are always in range after 1[K]. Just move forward in BS then do 2B+K. You have plenty of time to keep it guaranteed.

Back