Voldo Pre-release discussion ~ Michael Phelps is back! (with MC madness =)

Manta

[10] Knight
We're back, so let's discuss!

It looks like they combined elements of his usual 1p and 2p into one (facing forward and blind stance)

He seemingly RE'd from BS

BS A+B landed safely after combo hit.

He has some crazy new moves and transitions, it's insane. He seems very FAST!

I was terrified of what they might do to him, but this was beyond expectations.

Guaranteed setups into 2[B? Former BS CR 236B that launches and switches sides? The range on some of those mids? The hump in his super???

What a time to be alive.

@Sporko prompted me to watch again, and there was no 2[b, it was 2A+B. Which is EVEN BETTER.

Last edited:
Only thing I don't like so far is that 4[A+K], or whatever it is now, goes into MCFT instead of CR. Dodging back and jumping on people's faces was one of my favorite pass times. I could still do it on a delay but it just won't be the same. At least MCFT 66 can hit people now.

Also didn't see any Landfish/Death Roll outside of Soul Charge. All the moves during it had Soul Charge effects on them, as did the transition into it.

Yeah - Voldo's going to be an entirely different beast this time around, MC advancing with A+B, MCFT 66 hitting seemingly mid, so many other old moves converted into new strings. I really hope he's in the Evo build and we can see new, awesome stuff =)

Last edited:
Yeah - Voldo's going to be an entirely different beast this time around, MC advancing with A+B, MCFT 66 hitting seemingly mid, so many other old movies converted into new strings. I really hope he's in the Evo build and we can see new, awesome stuff =)
Won't be at Evo according to Markman on Aris's stream. Still using the E3 build.

Is it me or does Voldo seem to have a new MCFT/HT A? Because from what it looked like in the trailer that seemed to be it.

Back