*votes SCII best OST in gaming*

Jlikew00t

[09] Warrior
I have just been listening to the SCII soundtrack and it's godly.

All the music is so emotive and powerful and you can picture the stages perfectly. Everything has a distinct and individual feel and has nice loops and transitions. It makes me shed a tear to nostalgia's sake and makes my blood boil that SCIV has such a lame assortment of backdrops.

I can't agree more.

And I feel exactly the same about the stages. It seems like there is such a lack of creativity and passion that it makes the whole atmosphere of the game dull.

I'm still more impressed by the stages in SC1-3 than SC4... and god get rid of those crappy star wars stages. Or at least allow to deactivate them.

I noticed however that in some videos (see the combo videos in the setsuka section), some guys manage to play old SC themes. How is that possible, I was told about having to purchase them on PSN or smth like that...

I thought sc1 had the best music of the games. I don't think namco knows this but the sc4 sound track is REAL bad compared to sc1-3.

I thought sc1 had the best music of the games. I don't think namco knows this but the sc4 sound track is REAL bad compared to sc1-3.
They absolutely know it... and they did it on purpose...

This way they can charge you an extra $15 to put better music in the game (which they already did).

i'd have to say its a tie between "Castlevania:symphony of the night" and "Final fantasy 8" for the best OST in gaming.

But I am a proud owner of the SC2 OST and it is REALLY good. I listened to it a week ago and all it did was remind me how badly namco dropped the ball on SC4.

Castlevania: SotN had a fantasitc soundtrack, but I personally liked FFVIII's soundtrack ( about the only think I liked about FFVIII), but I personally wouldn't compare it to Castlevania: SotN.

As for SCII, it had a really good soundtrack, but listen to all the arranged Soul Blade tracks and Kahn Super Session. Those were amazing. It is just my opinion, but Soul Blade had by far the best music of the Soul games.

SC IV has like two or three good tracks. Its clear they did it to rip you off, but I agree that it is all the move obvious when you go back to older soundtracks.

I never played SoTN when it first came out so I only got to peep it when I played that Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles on PSP and I have to say - oh my fucking god...that game deserves every merit gamers throw at it.
It was reminiscent of all those great times playing Super Metroid.

It was a perfect adventure game. However I cannot remember the soundtrack for the life of me; it was overshadowed by rehash Rondo's OST in my opinion.

I am glad to see some love for FFVIII's soundtrack. I find VII has a much more memorable soundtrack overall but I feel there were some better quality tracks in VIII that'll always stay in my heart. Btw I find VIII > VII as an overall game (despite the draw system).

Everything about SCIV feels halfassed and being milked for more dough via PSN is a fucking disgrace; but sony KNOW it works and my theory is because people get bored, and buying shit is like eating snacks, you do it just to pass time and fill a depressing void at times. Online purchasing doesn't feel the same as withdrawing cash and physically getting the product.

It's much easier to waste money on crap online than it is when going out to buy it - logic doesn't seem to kick in as quick.

I wish people wouldn't...because you're just giving into the system. If it failed they would resort to freebies or lower prices...but that wont happen cause gullible twats will still buy it.

My favorite FF game... FFVIII... haters wanna hate.

\m/(>_<)\m/

Rock on, brutha. Keep fightin' the good fight!

Anyway, SC2 certainly has a great soundtrack, but it's far from the best in gaming. Take a listen to pretty much anything Yasunori Mitsuda has done (Chrono Trigger and Cross, Xenogears especially) and the difference in quality should be obvious. SC2's music is to Gaming music what Hans Zimmer music is to film music... good at what it is supposed to do, but far from "art". Mitsuda is more like a John Williams (see: Schindler's List, Amistad), John Corigliano (Red Violin) or Clint Mansell (The Fountain, Requiem for a Dream).

My favorite FF game... FFVIII... haters wanna hate.

When it comes to FFVIII, yea I do, but I'm done hating here. This thread isn't the proper place. I have had this argument with many people, and it often ends up the same. It is like Red VS Blue.
I do like the soundtrack a lot, and I think the card game rules.

I am actually waiting for Namco to put stages and music from SC2 for DL content soon. I did go back to SC2's soundtrack after making my first post and I can easily say that SCIV's soundtrack is lacking in comparison.

Memorable Melodies. Each of the other games had those few good tracks that would make you remember it and wanna hear it. I don't even feel like the soundtrack is bad for SCIV, it is just entirely forgettable.

I completely agree with Ravariel when it comes to SC2's soundtrack. It is good and memorable, but I do not put it with the greats. Some of the tracks though were truly SC2 were great though. - My problem is that you couldn't play most of them in versus.

I always forget about that card game...thats another reason I love VIII. An ex of mine used to get pissy when I was playing FFVIII cause i'd spend all my time just going upto people to play cards with them instead of actually advancing the plot at all.

Jaxel you're on my wavelength regarding favourite FF.

IV's OST is incredibly forgettable. I think it has a couple of okay pieces, but they're just not sticking in my head. I would say i'm not playing it enough but i've racked 100 hours already and I can't even recall any background noise...oh, except for the online lobby music >_> that's not a piece I WANT to remember...they could have made a better track for you sitting about waiting.

Wow...all of you hating SCIV's soundtrack :P Be glad you have SCIV, lol.

I borrowed the SCIV promo OST from a friend(supposedly came in the bonus package or something like that), and I rather liked many tracks out of it. Particularly Tempered Soul, Halycon Harbor and Destiny Will Tell.

I do think SCII's music is better, but SCIV is not really trash you know...

As for other games...
Fire Emblem 5,6,10
Zelda: OoT + MM
Super Mario Galaxy (this was awesome)
Soulcalibur Legends (crap game, decent soundtrack :P)
And SSBB, which basically is to say all of nintendo's best music rolled into a game :D

Well he didn't produce the beat. I can't remember the producer now, but the song is featured on Game Over. A Hip hop compilation sampling game music and the such. The track (Hellbound) is technically Masta Ace's and a random early Eminem verse is thrown on it.
Masta Ace also had a Simpsons-esque beat track on the single of Hellbound.

Yeah, that track is cool - has the announcer and obvious SC rip. I wonder if I got that single still somewhere or whether or not I sold it.

There was another Masta Ace track on that single talking about the music biz like it was a video game and has random Streets of Rage sound effects in it.

SC1 had the best music out of the SC line of games, followed closely by SC2.

SC2 had the best stages hands down. They really need to bring some of them back as DLC, but I heard that there will be no extra stages being released as DLC.

Soul Blade had the best music out of the entire Soul series. Truth.

soulcalibur 1 best stage music ever. best option screen music ever. best voice announcer ever. when that man said welcome to the stage of history, you felt moved.

That song was great. When I first heard it, I thought it was so unbelievably cheesy. But since they got rid of it, I have never been happy with an intro to a Soul game.

The Edge of Soul was one of the great highlights to Kahn Super Session.

I could turn this into a "how awesome Soul Blade's soundtrack is" thread, but I should get back to SC2. The game had a good soundtrack, but some tracks really had better appeal when you actually owned the soundtrack and listened to it. "Hellfire" or the track where you fight Inferno is like 50 times better if you listen to the whole thing rather than what you hear when you play the game.

I would have liked to to play with "Hellfire" and the destined battles tracks in versus.

Back