[WARNING!: Contains Spoilers] Resident Evil 5

Well VS mode is out. I swiped it up and well...Its basically modded modes of Mercenaries.
My biggest gripe is the fact to use the same characters I unlocked for mercs, I have to re-unlock them for VS. However this is only a minor gripe tbh.

Slayers/Team Slayers: Is it just me or is this game of Mercenaries crowded? This is Slayers mode. Basically it appears we are competing for points. Either 1v1, FFA, or 2v2 rulesets you and the others are trying to kill all the motherfuckers possible and get a big enough combo to over shadow the other players scores. However, its VS for a reason. Yes, these sloppy bitches can(and will) shoot the shit out of you. You'll lose some points if you fall.

Survivors/Team Survivors: This mode is also a variant of Mercenaries, except of trying to chain together combos, you're attacking the other players in the game. To Be fair(yeah right) All characters start with a pistol(some a machine gun) gernades, and a First Aid Spray, however ignoring enemies is a BIG NONO as they drop the better weapons, ammo, and health items. Combo Time Chests now contain Gernades or Herbs and the timer starts at 5 mins (For the FFA match I joined)Falling in this mode costs quite a few points.

Im shocked to report, it is more than playable. Its actually, kinda fun. In its own twisted way...In a few games I hit some HARD lag which completely DESTROYS this mode. But in most games I found an enjoyable time. Especially Survivors mode, where I watched as Astaroth came up behind some guy shooting me, NAILED him with the axe...Allowing me to run up and claim the kill. Plenty of Safari PAWNCHES to go around in that mode for sure.

I didnt particularly care for it. Visually was gorgeous, story was really good, but gameplay was fuckin horrible

I meant the DLC I already have the game. And its too late I bought it :P Also LOL at "story was really good" did we play the same game?

I didnt think the story itself was bad. Got a little twisted I guess ur right. The horrible gameplay killed it for me. I gave it back to gamestop

Resident evil brings back good memories ive beaten every RE game since the realese of the first one of ps1 the gamecube remakes are defently my favortie the enhance in the graphics made it more scary it entered a darker atmosphere and the fact is RE zero was only on game cube but i bought re5 and traded it in i was expecting more i did not want a improved RE4 i wanted a completely deifferent way for them to end the saga with wesk i mean my god wesker almost was invcinable he lasted so many games lol but yea id buy the older RE games before you get re5 anyway good luck and if RE doesnt scare fatal frame is fucking awsome!

I dont think the controls are terrible at all. I think they are great, they just take some getting used to.

I dunno, I guess Im spoiled on games like cod4 and l4d where you can run and shoot with ease and RE5 required you to stand still and shoot "oh no enemy is coming" move shoot "oh no enemy is coming" I just couldnt get used to it.

I dunno, I guess Im spoiled on games like cod4 and l4d where you can run and shoot with ease and RE5 required you to stand still and shoot "oh no enemy is coming" move shoot "oh no enemy is coming" I just couldnt get used to it.

Yeah its not really supposed to be a shooter at all, so don't look at it like that. Also the game would be so easy it wouldn't even be funny. Its supposed to be survival horror but they've pretty much ruined the horror aspect.

Resident Evil 5

Astaroth makes an appearance, but you should run away from him.

Lol thats the very first thing i thought when i saw the executioner you do need to run until you get that silver mag with the long barrel and infin ammo then every boss in the game is a joke. I'm not a rpg type of guy i like my hand cannon.

Kura-X and I just got 140K points in the Public Assembly stage in Mercs using S.T.A.R.S Chris and Tribal Sheva. 130 kills, 86 chain. This game is freaking insane.

Also I don't see what's so complaint-worthy about the control scheme. I just change my controls to Type B (RE4 style) and rock out.

Its not so much the button configuration, its the way you move. You constantly look like you are hiding in cover like in GoW or something. But I think dizzy hit something on the head though. I was totally looking at it as a shooter, not a horror type thing. I wanted to run around guins blazing donkin noggins like a mutha fuckin tank and shit. I think I was looking at wrong. And from the dis-approval of a couple of friends who are pissed I got rid of it, I think I have to buy it back now.

Well, let's face it. RE5 is NOT a shooter, so you shouldn't compare it to one. Though, there IS that one segment in the missile base where you start fighting Majini with guns, and they give you corners and chest-high walls to hide behind. That sort of felt a little GOW-like, which sort of upset me because I liked the feel of running from mad villagers with shovels and turnpikes rather than ducking behind corners and fighting boring soldier guys.

Well, let's face it. RE5 is NOT a shooter, so you shouldn't compare it to one. Though, there IS that one segment in the missile base where you start fighting Majini with guns, and they give you corners and chest-high walls to hide behind. That sort of felt a little GOW-like, which sort of upset me because I liked the feel of running from mad villagers with shovels and turnpikes rather than ducking behind corners and fighting boring soldier guys.

same here srry for the thread necro i was gonna start a re5 thread till i saw this one that isnt that old.

Its a great game ive had it for a few weeks now and its definately worth it. The story is fun but way too short and kinda pointless to replay once youve unlocked everything and got all your 1337 guns. I really felt let down by the last missions tho, they were plain boring.

Online is great as well i've had a blast on mercenaries (i recently got 625k on public assembly) altho the versus mode is so boring. Re5 is a game you don't want to play competitvely against someone but rathe work together.

Its amazing the amount of strategy that goes into mercs tho. Your time left matters way more then any combo which is why to do good you need 2 characters with good melee (eg Midnight cobra strike and Jill knee drop). Combo's don't really matter much if u want to score well since a second left counts as 1k anyway.

Back