= WARRIORS & MONSTERS: Teh Gatsu’s OC Temple =

NitricZenith

[05] Battler
I'd have to disagree on this simply based on this biast nature of that group. Visual Cosplay of other sub Reddit group that would appreciate his work would actually be more of a benifet than the Soulcalibur sub Reddit goup. Just my thoughts nothing more..
No-one there is biased and anyone is welcome to join, obviously we have a code of conduct to adhere to so it isn't just total chaos. But! My thoughts on the sub will remain exclusively there, on the sub itself, I was simply offering a friendly suggestion to Gatsu who seemed to express a desire to possibly share further than these forum walls, I'm sure our sub would definitely appreciate his inspired creations! Also, all of the creations in this thread are OCs, so they don't actually really belong on Virtual Cosplay. This is his thread, however, I don't wish to discuss it any further here, as I stated, it was simply a suggestion. =)

Last edited:

Gatsu

[14] Master
I think my post was misunderstood, while i truly appreciate the gentle advice i've no intention to post my stuff in other places, 8wr already eat all -and some more- the free time i'm willing to invest in CAS stuff :D
Beside that i know 8wr is a less small window than it seem, as said already seen plenty of lurkers that straight copied stuff of mine using it as their lol, but who cares let scavengers do their thing lol

Now please, while again i truly appreciated the interest, i ask to help me keep this thread all about designs and feedbacks, i like think when people see it bumped they can click expecting new -hopefully- cool stuff and not classic chit chat 8wr is already rich of
(first step would be just reply with a "like")

Thanks

Last edited:

Glitch-mode22

[07] Duelist
No-one there is biased and anyone is welcome to join, obviously we have a code of conduct to adhere to so it isn't just total chaos. But! My thoughts on the sub will remain exclusively there, on the sub itself, I was simply offering a friendly suggestion to Gatsu who seemed to express a desire to possibly share further than these forum walls, I'm sure our sub would definitely appreciate his inspired creations! Also, all of the creations in this thread are OCs, so they don't actually really belong on Virtual Cosplay. This is his thread, however, I don't wish to discuss it any further here, as I stated, it was simply a suggestion. =)
I agree with everything you said @NitricZenith in my experience, they're not bias on reddit at all. if you create good stuff -- people will like it👍

Fliptop

[12] Conqueror
It's always a pleasure to look through your designs, dude!

I think Umbra was pretty comprehensive in their post, so I'll try not to repeat anything. My favourites are Kenji, Feila, Leonor (sometimes you just need that mid roll, man!), Bastiaan, Wilfred and I'll give some love to Elowen's design as well. I like the subtle dark colours along with the pinks and the bronzish highlights. I also like the concept behind her - and the wordplay.

I had to do a double-take on Yrsa, though - I've got a viking girl as well that I haven't posted yet with a very similar name. I understand design elements overlapping, but the names being so similar had me shook for a good 5 seconds lol. I'll be sure to tag you when she's posted.

Looking forward to your next bunch!

P.S. Poor Demian...lol.

Gatsu

[14] Master
Weekend update: All Japan Special :D

Name: YOSHITUNE
Birthplace: Kyoto, Japan
yoshitune.png

Notes: He’s an historical figure, the story of him and the giant Benkei (that he defeated despite being much smaller, and as result became his loyal protector) is ever been one of most fascinating to me

Name: BENKEI
Birthplace: Buddhist Temple, Japan
Benkei.png

Notes: Benkei as said became Yoshitune’s bodyguard after being defeated by him. He was a warrior-monk raised in a temple. Gave his life trying to protect his lord, slaying fuckton of enemies in an impossible battle. According to the myth he died standing

Name: ASUNA
Birthplace: Osaka, Japan
Asuna.png

Notes: I just like how parts mesh well together, sometimes I have to stop myself from edit too much and just accept that a lucky combo of pieces barely need extra help. Of course most still got edited, but some parts had minimum or none touch

Name: JIROUBOU
Birthplace: ???, Japan
JIROUBOU.png

Notes: At first I was going to make him a human-crow hybrid with crow head and all, but after I found that everybody-animal head (got a lion head, a minotaur, recent elemental ones) gimmick was’nt elegant, so I sticked more with traditional folklore take on powerful tengus. Purposely NOT gave him Yoshi style, to keep them pretty different from each other when they fight

Name: KINA
Birthplace: Kamui Kotan, Hokkaido
KINA.png

Notes: May be the weakest design of the group, but I kinda like the result. I really wanted to add an Ainu rep in this “Japan Special”, they’re so unique people
I took her birthplace (as well as some cas pieces) from Nakoruru, who's ainu too

Name: GOKI GENMA
Birthplace: Hinowa-guni, Japan
GOKI.png

Notes: The Boss/Villain of this bunch, designed him with the mindset that while still mostly human, he should give “Japanese Nightmare” vibes. To be completely honest, just wanted to take that cool fire armor set (well, most of it) and make it look good in a cohesive design mixing it with other Japanese pieces

It's always a pleasure to look through your designs, dude!
-cut-
P.S. Poor Demian...lol.
Thanks dude, while i like see everybody's feedback, you and @Umbra4life are the two who i think have closest vision to mine about how to do this shit, so i'm extra curious to read your impressions, hope see you again

As for the name of the female viking maybe "Yrsa" sounded familiar to you because i used it since SC4, most recent was already in SC6 a first version of her (more Valkyria style and used a spear) in the old thread... memory does these tricks lol
Btw can't wait to see her, you ever deliver quality

PS: on Demian i had to take responsibility of my errors, so i essentially gave him my name as penitence LOL

Last edited:

Pocky-Yoshi

[14] Master
Japan Specials is very well put together. I'm into these kind of things, and you push the bounds to really think outside the box. That's something not many people do. Japanese kinda have simple yet sometimes over the top elegant balance fashion I adore, and you capture it on point.

Funny thing is it's the small things like decorating arabian vest like on Yoshitsune or that nakoruru scarf thing acting like a scarf on him. I would never thought of it.

I'm not gonna comment on other things because there's too much goodness to steal from.

I'm not sure how to capture CAS stuff with xbox like ps4, but I need to get off my lazy butt and create a thing or two some day. Keep on sharing.

Gatsu

[14] Master
I liked you used the word "elegant", because
it was what i had in mind the whole time while doing this, try to replicate the "cerimonial" vibe they got even when they go to war
I tried to avoid make them just armored warriors with bit of asian vibe, i wanted to have them pretty different from european warriors... for that dropped metal a bit and been sure every char had generous amouth of cloth, as you noticed even the heavy armored ones like Yoshitune and Goki got an over-vest and additional cloth parts

Now, just to not have this post go without pics, mini-1-shot-update

Name: LUCIO
Birthplace: Republic of Florence, Italy
LUCIO2.png

Not exactly a new entry, but i reworked on my most important OC, Lucio (was renamed Rodario, but prefer the original name)
May look the same i posted in old thread, but i changed lot of little details, now feels on par with most recent creations

Last edited:

Gatsu

[14] Master
Cold mini-update

Name: SNOW QUEEN
Birthplace: ???, Kingdom of Denmark
snowqueen.png

Name: OLAF
Birthplace: Novgorod's Mountains (Russia)
olaf.png

Now it's done for a while, i guess till next DLC
I'm considering do ingame shots, many chars lose a lot in generic CAS stage

Spanky

[13] Hero
Those are awesome!!! They're not an allusion to Frozen, are they??? Snow Queen definitely made me think of Elsa, and Olaf is the name of the snowman... :)
The designs are excellent, as always!!!

Voytek

[01] Neophyte
Your CaS are incredible! Can I ask what you used for the nose for Nemeas? I can't figure out what stickers you used for the black bit under his nose

Gatsu

[14] Master
Those are awesome!!! They're not an allusion to Frozen, are they??? Snow Queen definitely made me think of Elsa, and Olaf is the name of the snowman... :)
The designs are excellent, as always!!
Thanks dude
No, any link to frozen is coincidence i guess lol
Forgot to add notes, Olaf is supposed to be a dwarf of northern myths (dude got height 1, he's a fun stocky little mass of violence lol), iirc i somehow remember a dwarf with that name and picked it

The Snow Queen was a char of a HC Andersen story (the same story frozen come from), so i gave her Denmark instead somewhere in Russia like my initial intention
Your CaS are incredible! Can I ask what you used for the nose for Nemeas? I can't figure out what stickers you used for the black bit under his nose
Thanks! If you mean the horizontal nose line there was no sticker, iirc the nose was a gun item handle (i must check) with a pattern that gave it these colors

If you mean the vertical little line on the upper lip, then yes, sticker, was likely just a small "1"

Last edited:

Voytek

[01] Neophyte
Thanks! If you mean the horizontal nose line there was no sticker, iirc the nose was a gun item handle (i must check) with a pattern that gave it these colors

If you mean the vertical little line on the upper lip, then yes, sticker, was likely just a small "1"
Aha! Thank you! I was able to figure it out with your advice :)