Was SCIV a failure?

Status
Not open for further replies.
From an outward perspective, SC4 sucks because people see it as Tekken with weapons.

From an inward perspective, it sucks because the community can't agree on anything and can't find ways to grow.

From a personal perspective, its because I'm not in charge.

-Idle

(is he fucking serious? yes he is)

From an outward perspective, SC4 sucks because people see it as Tekken with weapons.

From an inward perspective, it sucks because the community can't agree on anything and can't find ways to grow.

-Idle
This thread is about making fun of Artilust, not being creepy and wishing you were in charge of everyone.

P.S.
I hear you have a passing fancy for penises.

-Idle

(is he fucking serious? yes he is)

What does Canada know; I'll vote for you.

Honestly the nature of this thread sickens me.

There's so much negativity generated by some of you guyz (not all) it makes me wonder WTF are guyz doing here?

If you hate SC4 so much do yourself a favour and the GTFO our forums; itz very simple isn't it?

Why not start off by posting topics that express your concerns instead of bashing ones?

This topic deserves to be closed.

Honestly the nature of this thread sickens me.

There's so much negativity generated by some of you guyz (not all) it makes me wonder WTF are guyz doing here?

If you hate SC4 so much do yourself a favour and the GTFO our forums; itz very simple isn't it?

Why not start off by posting topics that express your concerns instead of bashing ones?

This topic deserves to be closed.

I agree with this totally.

lol ol' artilust.

Tekken 6 while more popular (sadly), isn't a better fighter imo. It's an awkward 2D fighter that uses 3D graphics and the occasional use of the Z-axis. As well the 4 limb = buttons concept has always seemed retarded to me as none suggest why one limb should be used for the other without studying every move from the start...basically the learning curve is incoherent whereas SC makes much more sense with the A, B, K, G system. As well SC holds more variety in tactics between characters and within characters than any other fighter. Ever seen two "GOOD" (leave the lag tactic Teflon clones out of this) Ivy's fight the same?

The game is a success in the fact it made it respectable after the mess SC3 caused. The game is more balanced and has better mechanics.

This is to not say the game is perfect though. There are a few characters that drastically need buffs (poor mina) and some that need to be shot in the foot (Hilde...in hopes it will reduce that fuckin monster step). However the single player mode, ignoring the opportunity for tag team, horrible online, hitbox issues have left some of us with a bitter taste. However I think the game has a lot of potential and I think SC4 is going to make SC5 possible. It sold enough, made it into evo again, and is a better game than it's previous installment.

While I hate Namco's obvious ignorance to the competitve community (that shit stain I call SC:BD...RIP Ivy...lol mina), I have faith we'll see SC rise again.

Community wise though, I would have to say there were some DEFINITE mistakes that hurt SC. People on this site can be either very helpful or incredibly stupid and offending to new people coming in. I've dealt with a ton of retards here, but also a lot of people that have significantly improved my game play. A big mistake was NOT banning Hilde or at least softbanning the combo. Whether or not you think it fair, it DID cause people to quit. And rather than argue this since all sides had a point to some extent, we need to be aware of this for future games and make smarter choices...like how we banded together at Evo and made MASSIVE hype at finals.

lol Artilust.

if SC4 was released after SF4 and T6 than things woulda been alot different if not opposite. Tekken wouldn't have been as big as SC4 thats for sure.
and yes SF4 is the most Noob friendly fighter out there. Tekken is more like learning a juggle or two and make ur way to a tourney to compete.

SC4 is THE most technical fighter created. Sure it has it's problems, but their isn't another fighter out there that compares to the technicality level of the SC series. Winning is purely in your hands.

Plain and simple, SC players pride themselves in the hard work and effort they put in the game that makes them succeed. We pride ourselves in a game where button mashers are extinct. And if this is the reason that this game is unpopular, because u can't button mash, than i am proud of that.

Learning Setsuka is probably one of the toughest things you can do in ALL of video games and fuck, deserves an achievement all on its own (100G IMO).

When you learn a character and become to master him/her then take to the tourneys and learn to compete, Thats when u really see the beauty of this game. It becomes uncomparable.

Soul Calibur is not dead, it's just for Pros

This topic should have been locked from the jump, but whatever.

If I was someone who played SC4, then never looked back with the release of Tekken 6, I sure as hell wouldn't be on a forum for SC bitching about it. You being on here means that you haven't looked back. That's like me saying good things about my new girlfriend while constantly going on about the ex. Just move on. Why are you worrying about SC4 being a failure?

It's also unfair to compare Tekken to Soul Calibur because Tekken gets more love because Tekken is more popular in Japan, so it gets released in the arcade, which then gives Namco plenty of time to fix whatever's broken before releasing to console. If people still played in arcades here in America, things would be different. However most Americans are moving on to becoming online scrubs since it takes less effort and doesn't cost much instead of going out of the house, paying to enter a tournament, then getting that ass beat.

This game, by no means, is dead and buried. If it was, then no one would be playing it online or on here on these forums talking about it, nor would you be on here raving at how great Tekken is. But you played SC4 for as long as you did because you didn't have anything else to play, and now that you have Tekken 6 you want to dickride on it. I don't see why you can't play both because they are two entirely different games. And no matter what, Tekken is not better than Street Fighter, so what's the point of this?

SC4 may have its issues, but it's still more fun to play than Tekken 6. If you didn't suck so bad at the game, you'd see why.

I also have to take issue with those who say this community sucks and use topics such as these to take shots. Stop worrying so much about what is said or goes on on 8WR and play some fucking Calibur. It's that simple. What else do you need, a handjob?

This community is also more welcoming to new players than the other communities for fighting games. I don't know how many times my community in Philly has offered someone new to come down and session, but they never follow through. I don't know what else I can do for a new player besides chauffeur them from their house to our sessions and back while being fellated.

When I first started in this community, I was welcomed with open arms. All I needed to do was to keep showing up. We also had existing players have helped us grow and understand the game and get to the point where we still play twice a week and extend to other fighting games. I don't see why other communities can't do the same. It just takes work and commitment.

We do need some leadership, however having a leader isn't going to solve every single problem there is, especially if a decision is made that people don't agree with because what guarantee is there that everyone is going to listen to that leader? It's easier to make rules and decisions on a regional level which is what I will be looking to do going forward.

But the only issue that there is really is Hilde. Even if she was out the game, people would still quit because they are scrubs and move on to something else instead of learning SC4. And now there are more choices out there that are more scrub friendly than SC4, so there's a dropoff. Her combo is gay as shit, but how many people have actually won with Hilde? How many tournaments has she won? Who else besides Ceirnian and RTD has won with Hilde? It's time to stop using her as a scapegoat.

I also don't get the people who quit the game because someone else feels that Hilde should be banned, but I am sure that's just a convenient excuse. That's like me deciding to stop fucking Asian chicks because someone else on a forum doesn't like Asians. How silly is that? Hilde and Algol aren't banned nationally. Play them and stop bitching.

That's all I have to say. SC4 is awesome. This community doesn't suck. And SF4 > T6. If you hate SC4, then move on.

In my opinion, SCIV isn't a failure- but I will agree the community has died down a little bit since Tekken's release. Though, there was a lot of Tekken die hard fans just playing SCIV til' Tekken 6 comes out. Anyways, to say Tekken is a better game than Soul Calibur is wrong, in my opinion. SCIV is one of the best fighters, and the best 3dfighter ever made. The story is even unique, instead of the same ol' "Fighting tournament! See who's stronger for the 15th year in a row." The movement is way more fluid compared to Tekken. In Tekken 6, when moving or trying to sidestep- it's a lot harder, and feels stiffer compared to SCIV. So, SCIV takes the gold- and though the community took a little hit, the people who stayed are the people I'd rather befriend-considering they have a mutual interest.

Also, on the topic about online connection- SCIV is way better. Sure, you can play a laggy 3bar in Tekken- but it's horrid. Also, the fact that I get a 1-2bar with people from the Eastcoast (Florida for example) I'll have a smooth 4 on SCIV. I'm able to play more people in the States on SCIV rather than Tekken 6. Also, after-hours (1:00am-6:00am) there's only 1-2bar connections I can choose from on t6. On SCIV- I get 4-5bars everytime I search.

At it would seem this topic, like many others, is about enforcing your own opinion..

I shall be the biggest participant by being the only guy who's opinion has truly been enforced.

Thread Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back