Watch Top 16 At MLG Spring Championship Today

Soulcalibur V at the MLG Spring Championship in Anaheim, California, concludes today with top 16 action which you can check out today beginning at 3PM Eastern/12PM Pacific/7PM GMT. After the break, you can find an embed of the stream, the bracket for Soulcalibur V, and a list of the remaining competitors.

Also, make sure to visit the chatroom to discuss the action as it takes place, or you can leave your comments or predictions on who will win Soulcalibur V at MLG in this post.

soulcal_spring2.jpg

Bracket
Videos

Results:

1st: [nSydia] Keev (Nightmare) $6,000
2nd: Kayane (Viola) $3,600
3rd: LostProvidence (Viola/Mitsurugi) $2,400
4th: [vVv] RTD (Mitsurugi) $1,600
5th: Something-Unique (Pyrrha/Patroklos) $1,000
5th: Hawkeye (Natsu) $1,000
7th: Kinetic_Clash (Ivy) $550
7th: [EMP] LinkRKC (Ivy) $550

Stream matches:
[vVv] RTD (Mitsurugi) defeats [EMP] KDZ (Patroklos/Siegfried) 3-0
Kayane (Viola) defeats Something-Unique (Pyrrha/Patroklos) 3-1
LostProvidence (Viola) defeats [EMP] LinkRKC (Ivy) 3-0
[nSydia] Keev (Nightmare) defeats [EMP] BlackMamba (Pyrrha) 3-2
Kayane (Viola) defeats [vVv] RTD (Mitsurugi) 3-1
[nSydia] Keev (Nightmare) defeats LostProvidence (Viola) 3-0
Hawkeye (Natsu) defeats [EMP] LinkRKC (Ivy) 3-1
Something-Unique (Pyrrha) defeats Kinetic_Clash (Ivy) 6-3 (continuation)
[vVv] RTD (Mitsurugi) defeats Hawkeye (Natsu) 3-0
LostProvidence (Viola) defeats Something-Unique (Pyrrha) 3-2
Winners Finals: [nSydia] Keev defeats Kayane (Viola) 3-0
Losers Semis: LostProvidence (Viola) defeats [vVv] RTD (Mitsurugi) 3-2
Losers Finals: Kayane (Viola) defeats LostProvidence (Mitsurugi/Viola) 3-0
Grand Finals: [nSydia] Keev (Nightmare) defeats Kayane (Viola) 6-0 (continuation)

Rank
Player
Teams
User
1st
Keev
$168.00
2nd
Kayane
$120.00
3rd
LostProvidence
$72.00
4th
rtd_atl
$48.00
5th
_Hawkeye
$24.00
5th
Something-Unique
$24.00
7th
Linkrkc
$12.00
7th
Kinetic_Clash
$12.00
9th
TOKIDO
9th
EMP_Black_Mamba
9th
KDZ
9th
Xephukai
13th
Rikuto
13th
Nofackill3r
13th
00FMATIC
13th
Signia949

DevilJim: Never expected to see you out of state, but glad you were there. For some reason we've never really done stuff together until this trip. When I pick up Tag 2 I'll probably hit you up for advice.

S-U: You've become one of the players I hang out with most at tournaments now. Tekken got hard when you remembered Steve's juggles. When you learn to break throws you'll be a tough player to beat. Also, remember to fax your forms for that online tournament.

KDZ: We need to get you off LoL and on Patroklos 1K. Hope you enjoyed your birthday weekend. Green knight for life.

Ramon: Your stories about failure in Minecraft and Zombies were the best.

Oofmatic: You were the unofficial recorder of this event. Post up if/when you upload the videos and pictures.

Hawkeye: Good stuff in our top 8 match. I became far too acquainted with A:6 wall combos. We should try to get some online games if our connection is decent. Your DOA games with S-U were hilarious. And don't give up on Tekken just because I can block Asuka strings. =P

Lost Providence: I guess trying to run up and JG 44A was a bad idea. That's probably the worst I've been beaten in SC5. I appreciate the tips post-tournament, and I'll definitely see you online. You should have tried to get with that Asuka cosplayer, by the way.

Norcal: Krayzie, Alex, Manta, I missed you guys. It felt like old times. Genver, it was good to finally meet you, even though we didn't get to play. Hates, I hope your personal stuff turns out okay.

Sora: Thanks for the ride and room. I hope my advice helps a bit, even though I didn't quite execute it well during the tournament. At least you learned about 3B, haha.

Xeph: I've heard a lot about you, and you did not disappoint. The way you picked up things in VF tells me the mental ability to be a top player in any game is there. It's just a matter of practice and experience.

Bibulus: That electronic swing music was too good.

Noface: Sorry we didn't get to play; I went to get food not knowing they were going to take the casual stations down so early.

Kayane: Your translation services are always appreciated. Too bad we didn't get to play this time; I would have liked to personally see how you take to a new character.

Keev: Congrats on the win and thanks for the advice. I didn't realize how loose my style had become until you told me to "play more cheap."

Banes: Thanks for the ride Sunday night/Monday morning. It's always nice to meet players I've never met before. Even better when they're great people.

Hope to see you all at Evo.

Link : I wish we could play together as well, seeing how you would play against my Viola ! You always amaze me when you play, your Ivy and your mental are scary !!!!

Thank you guys for everything, we've spent good times together !
Can't wait to meet you again for EVO, and maybe MLG in August :)

I've been wanting to do one of these...

Oofmatic: It was really nice to meet you. Thanks again for letting us room with you, saved us a lot of money. Too bad we had to face each other in the losers bracket. If it were up to me, we'd both be top 8.

S-U: I'm still kicking myself for letting that first series against you slip away from me. By the time our continuation came around you had me all figured out. You're a really great player though, definitely one of the best.

Sora: Glad we finally got to play in person. Keep working on that Ivy, we definitely need more Ivy players like you.
KINECTIC CLASH- GREAT SHOWING FROM YOU AT THIS TOURNAMENT!!!! I was impressed by ur placement in the tournament.. It was full of killers but u managed to squeeze into top 8.. Congrats, FUCK WHAT PPL sayin about u and ur online connection.. LOL.. U did ur thang.. Sucks i didnt get to play u in some casuals..

I definitely appreciate it. I'm glad I got to show that I'm not just an online warrior, haha. We'll get some casuals in next time for sure.
KineticClash - Huge props to you. Regardless of what anyone may have said, you made top 8. You held it down for the WC. Though I can understand why, I hope you didn't feel alienated. I didn't get to talk to you at all (and I'm sorry about the voice confusion thing). Hopefully, we get to hang out and play a few games next time we come down there.

Hahaha, that's alright man, I get that a lot XP. And thanks for the props. After watching you beat SU's Pyrrha with your Viola, I figured I should probably enhance my Viola a bit before the next tourney, lol. But wow, that was impressive. Looking forward to playing you offline.

NFK: Thanks for letting me play a few casuals against you. I definitely wanna see your Ivy someday. It was nice to meet you in person.

Keev and Kayane: Thanks for showing us Americans how to really play SC5 lol! I wish I had a chance to play both of you some more.

Xeph: Too bad we didn't have a chance to do our MM. But w/e, there's always next tourney.

AZ players: It's dumb we had to play each other so early on in the bracket. I hope I repped well for the state. Next time I'll shoot for first!

Err, hope I didn't forget anyone. For those of you I didn't meet, I hope we'll meet at Evo. I'll definitely get some more casuals in then.

RTD - You didn't say a word until after you were eliminated from the tournament to us. Wtfux? Don't tell me you're just using errbody! =( Still, I know you had the fam with you so I didn't want to pester you. Hopefully you don't treat us all like the enemy at the next event.

that's because when i was on stage getting killed by one hit Hilde, i mean Viola, no one offered to give me an exotic hug with tender and gentle whispers. all i got was a manly stare from Alex J.

Shoutouts time:

KrayzieCD: Only thing I need to say is Rick James live at Long Beach

Manta: We came a long ass way for you to lose to Krayzie, congrats

Genver: Fuck you, what part of driving down to Anaheim involves a plane?

Hates: That shit was like old days, ditching NDK in a bar with our tabs was good times. Also seeded bitches needed to make you switch sides more.

LinkRC: next time you better win, I had a grandiose speech all ready for you.

RTD: Any time you want my warm embrace, you know where to find me. BTW, I had some pro advice waiting for you.

Signia: Stay Free

NoFace: Wear matching plaid with Signia next time, that was your downfall of the tournament.

Oofmatic: Hope your wife enjoys all that close up camera footage of my face and the back of my head.

LostProvidence: didn't really talk to you but anyone who can power up and beat people after getting warm embraces from typhoon and hawkeye is cool in my book.

Mamba: everyone always underestimating you man, you the real deal.

KingSalmon: my favorite man from Socal, always good chilling with you sir.

Spman: Damn dude, could you have choked any harder? Maybe it's good we didn't have that beer match, it would of definitely been on you.

i was doing a little vacationing with the family but i love all you guys and i hope to see you at Evo!

p.s. i can't wait to go back and watch all of this. it was really hype. i'll pay to listen to Hates do commentary though. it was really good at fr when he was bashing sword lord.

Shoutouts time:

KrayzieCD: Only thing I need to say is Rick James live at Long Beach

Manta: We came a long ass way for you to lose to Krayzie, congrats

Genver: Fuck you, what part of driving down to Anaheim involves a plane?

Hates: That shit was like old days, ditching NDK in a bar with our tabs was good times. Also seeded bitches needed to make you switch sides more.

LinkRC: next time you better win, I had a grandiose speech all ready for you.

RTD: Any time you want my warm embrace, you know where to find me. BTW, I had some pro advice waiting for you.

Signia: Stay Free

NoFace: Wear matching plaid with Signia next time, that was your downfall of the tournament.

Oofmatic: Hope your wife enjoys all that close up camera footage of my face and the back of my head.

LostProvidence: didn't really talk to you but anyone who can power up and beat people after getting warm embraces from typhoon and hawkeye is cool in my book.

Mamba: everyone always underestimating you man, you the real deal.

KingSalmon: my favorite man from Socal, always good chilling with you sir.

Spman: Damn dude, could you have choked any harder? Maybe it's good we didn't have that beer match, it would of definitely been on you.
I guess me body-ing you leaves me shoutout-less :(

Shoutouts!

Hawkeye:
I'm so happy we roomed with each other. Finally! Someone who can keep up with my smoking track record! Definitely was fun kicking it with you again. I will see you at EVO, and you and I will definitely be partying together. Love you Donnie!

LP:
MAAAAAAAN, I love you but hate you at the same time. You are one of, if not, the best player in this community, in my opinion. You and the rest of the CHI mashers were the highlight of this tournament. Funny ass dude. We will also be kicking it at EVO. By the way, thanks for the drank throughout the whole weekend at various restaraunts. You and Donnie have become two of my best friends in this community.

HumanTyphoon:
LOL- dude, you were fucking hilarious throughout the whole stay. We didn't get to play on a none laggy TV, but we'll get some games in next time. Stay classy, Malcolm ;P.

NDK:
Always a pleasure kicking it with you- you're my boy, and I'm glad you decided to stick around to learn this game. Hit me u, you got the number.

Keev:
Very impressive play. Not just Versus me, but VS everyone as well. You're a very great player, and an eve better person. It was cool kicking it with you, and thanks for the casuals. Hope to see you again.

Genver:
My Pinoy brotha'! Glad we got to kick it, and actually followed through with our plans of smoking on some dank. You can hit me up anytime, and I'm always down to kick it. btw, SWAGSWAGSWAGSWAG

Ramon:
I love you. I really appreciate the practice rounds you gave me before the tournament. You put me on point that morning. You are one of the best players in this community, and I was very disheartened when you were eliminated. Also, for everyone who wasn't there, RAMON beat KEEV in the 100$ side tournament hosted by BIC. It was the hypest matches of the tournament, and your skill is top tier.

KrayzieCD:
Man... we always have to play each other in tournament's- it's always a toss up, too. Only reason I won that set was because you weren't experienced with the Natsu match up. But you fucked me over against Astaroth. Anyways, it sucks you were taken out by the WC. You, me and NFK are the top 3 on the WC and you had to face both of us. You're always goin' be my brother, and my best friend in this community. Now we need to step up shit before EVO. Love you, dog.

Something-Unique:
Ughh, you did steal my soul this tournament. But, if I were to lose, losing to you is not a bad thing. You are another player who I feel is top tier in this community. You're good people, no matter how much hate revolves around you. Keep it real, Omar. See you at EVO. FYI: I always bring 5 fitted's to every tournament.

Banes:
You may have lost to two girls in the tournament, but you won the hearts of all of us there. You smoked me out, and supplied drank, and provided rides for everyone who needed them. You were a crutch in this event, and I hope we can kick it again. Now, we just need to level you up, then you can enjoy the glory as well.

NFK:
We pretty much destroyed all of WC... sadly... Anyways, you know the deal, hit me up and we'll get some games in. Time for you and me to level up so we can be stronger WC reps.

Signia:
I''m sorry bro. Pat wins again. Don't be disheartened, though. You're a good player- there's just a wall that you need to figure out how to scale. Hit me up for some games.

Linkrkc:
Kicking it with you, even though you don't drink/smoke/eat/drink/live, was awesome. Thanks for teaching me some VF and thanks for the compliement in your shoutout post. You are a killer, and I know you could be taking 1st. Hit me up at EVO.

RTD:
It was cool meeting your wife. Also, congratulations on the newborn! And, NICE FUCKING BEARD! Always a pleasure chatting it up with you, man. Hopefully EVO we can kick it again. Also, that Viola dog... gotta exchange some anti before EVO.

Hates:
Shame we didn't get casuals in. It's always a pleasure kicking it with you. My prayers go out to your current situation. Hope you make it to EVO- we will get games in and probably get fucked up together. Keep it real, Hates.

KDZ:
Nice to finally meet you- happy birthday, again. You are one funny dude. We will have to kick it with each other next time. But you were all over the place. Shots for us, next time. Also, good showing via tournament. I'll see you at EVO hopefully.

OOF:
We didn't get to play, but we will next time. Good kicking it with you the little time we did, and thanks for being the photographer the whole tournament. Hit me up for some games online. Again, congrats on the baby- and tell Surione I said whaddup.

SPMAN:
The fuck dude...

KingSalmon:
Heard your match was pretty close VS Keev... this is the shit I'm talking about. Sleeping on WC, and you brought the heat. You and I will train more and put us on the map. Keep it real. and see you at EVO.

KineticClash:
Props on top 8- let's just hope you go to EVO and not face me ;D. We can do our MM then if you want, but I don't care really. But hey, hit me up, you had a great showing, and I hope you continue to travel. You have potential to be incredible.

Aris:
I hate that I had to eliminate you from tournament- it's never good when WC vs WC. I know you have the potential to be greater in this game than you are. Oh wel, TAG2 HUH? I'll see you there, brotha.

Random Mexican dude who hated on me:
Thanks for telling me I'm a nobody. Faggot.

DrDogg:
Impressive play- sorry to dissapoint you and not get top 8. I'll see you at EVO, and/or DEV. If you're at EVO, Greatone and I need to speak to you about something. Seeya.

Manta:
Thanks for rooting me on VS SU- and for watching my match VS CD. It sucks to have to play CD at every-fucking-tournament. Anyways, hope you go to EVO- we will get some games in. And don't think I forgot about that MMM ;D

Mamba:
The community needs more people like you. Travelling to tournaments-back to back. Goood fucking showing at MLG against Keev. And congrats on 9th place. You and I will have to get some games in.

AlexJ:
ohhhhh destroyed you in that MM! Hopee you level up next tourney- we'll run it back. But good kicking it with you, again. Love you Alex.

Kayane:
Oh Kayane, what can I say about you? Haha. Nice meeting you. I heard a lot of disbelievers about your skill- but I think you're top tier material. Thanks for the help at the Korean BBQ. I'll see you at EVO, we will definitely have to kick it more so then. Let's hope that Viola shit still works 3weeks from now ;D

Want to shoutout to everyone I forgot, and to everyone in this community. You guys are the sole reason I am still attending. Fuck the money, the fame and the bitches. I love all of you as family. See you guys at EVO.

My shoutouts:

Link - Yes, your Ivy advice is MUCH appreciated. I will make damn sure you will see an improvement come Evo from my game.

Kinetic - Damn man, surprise of the tournament as SU said. Your CS setups is even SCARIER in real life. Like Link, learned a lot from your play.

Norcal crew - Always cool to hang and chill with you guys. Norcal will always be a home to me. Just a favor though, let's plan better next time. ;)

Xeph - Wish I got a chance for revenge on you. #eSports lack of casual setups on Sunday = fail.

Aris - For giving me my most epic tournament match to date. That shit was good.

Kayane - I FINALLY got the chance to fight you since my MM challenge (that never happened) back in 2K9! Your Viola is hyper solid, I will put up a better fight next time we meet.

Keev - I now know the man behind the hype. And that man is good.

Ramon - No swearing? With LP right beside me? And you call ME out? WTF? Lol. :p

LP - For trolling me with aPat, I thank you.

SU - We should play more next time -- that way you remember my name. Lol.

Oofmatic - For being stalker photo status throughout the tournament. J/k. :p Seriously though, nice hanging out with you.

King Salmon - Absolutely great talking with you man. We should pick up our discussion on #FGC and gender come Evo. Haha.

To everyone I missed, thank you for the experience. It was absolutely hype, and will probably be the most stacked tournament that I ever played/saw. Every match was with a killer. And every match WAS a killer.

my turn!

highlights first: Anaheim, that one tournament, also that side tournament, the surprising number of females in attendance, eating, smoking, drinking, and generally being a very fun experience. and many moreeeeee lol

#esports - I can accept this now. lmao

Norcal - yeaaaaaaa good shit not placing top 8 (besides Reno Xephukai). next time let's place top 8. k bye

Sora - good shit on handling everything, I don't really have to say anything else to you lol

Hawkeye - OMG UR SO COOL TEACH ME NATSU

LP - you are super solid and better than most at Soul Calibur V. wtf don't play mitsu ever

Malcolm - play mitsu lol

Ramon - U R SO 1K!!! DON'T BEARHUG ME AGAIN YOU BEAR PERSON <3

Xeph - good shit as always, we'll play online more. still better than me at Soul Calibur V lol

KDZ - Happy Birthday!!! GEMINIS!!!

S-U - solid af!!! let's play next time, so you can teach me spacing

RTD - fuck esports for ruining our set!!! we'll play some other time so you can teach me how to be good at Soul Calibur V.

Keev - you are the real deal, let me play you when I'm actually good so I can not do scrub shit lol

Kayane - GEMINIS!!! you are still from France, however.

KineticClash - good shit, I like those no-shuffle CS-es. let's play that online Soul Calibur V.

LA folks - good shit on showing up in force!!! you guys are still from LA, however.

Rikuto - you are not better than me at Soul Calibur V lol

Vicious - good shit. you were better than me at Soul Calibur V lol

Link - yay we finally met! too bad we didn't play because of laziness and Sora. you're the real deal and I wanna get to your level lol

to everyone that watched the stream or participates in tournaments: keep doing the same shit!!! y'all like Soul Calibur, right?

good shit to MLG for having us there, good shit to Anaheim for being all clean and family-friendly. good shit to all us players for showing up!

anything else y'all wanna come talk to me about, talk to me in person! I'm so nice :)

My shoutouts:

Link - Yes, your Ivy advice is MUCH appreciated. I will make damn sure you will see an improvement come Evo from my game.

Kinetic - Damn man, surprise of the tournament as SU said. Your CS setups is even SCARIER in real life. Like Link, learned a lot from your play.

Norcal crew - Always cool to hang and chill with you guys. Norcal will always be a home to me. Just a favor though, let's plan better next time. ;)

Xeph - Wish I got a chance for revenge on you. #eSports lack of casual setups on Sunday = fail.

Aris - For giving me my most epic tournament match to date. That shit was good.

Kayane - I FINALLY got the chance to fight you since my MM challenge (that never happened) back in 2K9! Your Viola is hyper solid, I will put up a better fight next time we meet.

Keev - I now know the man behind the hype. And that man is good.

Ramon - No swearing? With LP right beside me? And you call ME out? WTF? Lol. :p

LP - For trolling me with aPat, I thank you.

Would've deleted the whole thing but I'm typing from my phone and it was taking hella long. Why do you say I was trolling you I may very ell have been, but I don't remember doing tat to anyone. Was just having fun. =p

Oh guys, you make me remember how Soul Calibur community is so unique by making a big message to shoutouts everyone we've met...that's really particular to our community.

Love you guys, I wish I had time to shout outs everyone like you, unfortunately i'm travelling from a place to another and i'm being so busy and very tired with the trips. Thank you to think about me, you're all awesome !

I'm going to make my article about MLG soon, hopefully before CEO begins (i'm already in Orlando). I'll post the link once it's done, it will be on http://kayane.fr :)

Take care !

Would've deleted the whole thing but I'm typing from my phone and it was taking hella long. Why do you say I was trolling you I may very ell have been, but I don't remember doing tat to anyone. Was just having fun. =p

T'was a compliment sir. :) I like thrash talking while playing.

Live streams

5 Viewers
DUBZKITTY
DUBZKITTY
🐾AKATSUKI RAID STREAM IS ENDING TODAY! Zetsu has made his appearance!👹🐾|!welcome !feed !treat !sr👹
5 Viewers
FuzzyCatGirl
FuzzyCatGirl
Soul Cal Saturday!!! Get in here!!!
3 Viewers
pricebehigh
pricebehigh
Pull up on Meh | Overwatch|

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member