WCG Ultimate Gamer - Reality TV Show

this show is awesome!!!!!!!!

I didn't know Mark had a bit of baller in him, that shit was great.

Cha Cha - this show is great because it entertains me. Lets just hope that KDZ gets on the next season

can someone explain what positives there are in having a show like this?
Eh. It's somehow less pathetic than those Madden Challenge shows. That's the best I've got though.

The format doesn't make much sense. "You're a sponsored FPS player? Ok, play Mario Bros 2 with only a power pad!" Seems like that's kinda like setting up a show with a bunch of chess and go champs then seeing how well the can play Monopoly.

[edit]Did think of a positive. In a tournament setting people tend to pay more attention to participants that they know. Putting a face and (presumably) personality on some of the competitors could potentially help interest in those tournaments, and give people outside the gaming scene people to pay attention to/follow which could in turn build attention to the hobby and the tournament scene in general.

can someone explain what positives there are in having a show like this?

Exposure? Sure if you like gamers to be portrayed as shady, emo, whiny kids with no social skill.

Pride? Does anyone feel proud that gaming communities are cast in this kind of light?

Potential? For what? what kind of deals could this possibly get gamers if successful? Just more of a scripted show, with obvious plants pretending to be something they aren't?

Really, please tell me how the show pleases you... unless you just like lame, scripted 'reality' tv, then just don't bother answering.

I'm a fan of reality T.V. (on of my guilty pleasures) But I gotta agree, this show is junk, I'm pretty sure "Daisy of Love" will be better than this!

VG Cats doesn't seem to think much of it either:

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/

yes it will be... but something tells me it will be depressing to watch and very one-sided to mark or jamal's favor since the other guy doesn't seem to play fighting games...

yes it will be... but something tells me it will be depressing to watch and very one-sided to mark or jamal's favor since the other guy doesn't seem to play fighting games...

He deserves to lose just 'cause of those contacts anyway.

lol...the contacts...lol... I know what you mean. Its like ..."oh hello...how are you HOLY FUCKING SHIT WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOUR BLAZING BLUE FUCKIN EYES!!! ... oh....contacts...gottcha... ..... "

That last match made me lol. Let's dumb the game down for the title of Ultimate Gamer.

I couldn't watch this show while it was running this season. I tried to sit through one episode and I had to fight the urge to stab myself with the closest sharp object. The only way I would watch it again if someone I knew was on it. Plus I can't watch a show that I would watch only when I am bored.

Well, Prodigy should have won it. I dont know why Swoozie let him pick up a easy to use character for beginners to use like mostly used ones online like kilik or sieg.

That was a horrible match. You could tell no one played the game. Im glad Mark won though
, seems like a nice enough guy.

From what I've heard of that show, it's basically like that mockery of human interaction "The Real World" (As though that show wasn't insulting to humanity enough they had to claim in the damn title that people actually behave that way) if all the people on it played video games....and sucked at them.

well what i've found funny was that, ciji or whatever her name is, is a rockband player and then on the last show, she says im surprised no one picked me because i have won so many soul calibur tournaments i can count, but they dont mention at all during the season that she was a fighting game person. just shows thats it is scripted and i have to agree with cha.

Lolololol. Final Challenge was Scrub Calibur IV.

That final challenge looked as scripted as the Virtua Scrubber 5 match.

This was indeed a horrible finale.

PS: Lol @ Ciji self proclaiming herself to be a Soul Calibur master. Reminds me about her blog post about quitting Guitar Hero and Rock Band to become a Street Fighter player with the help of Gootecks. That's not going to last long. SRK has her on their hit list.

haha i said the same thing about ciji. 15 tourneys wins? and i don't know her gamertag? must be a lie! so she is the girl srk is talking about now O.o?

Back